What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is the gap widening

I guess there is a silver lining to this. The SEC will feed on itself and, generally, will only get one team into the championship series. So, I suppose, thinking about it, with a playoff, there is a better chance than the previous system would've had. See. I'm working through my issues. :thumbsup:

Sure seems like it. Seven of the Rivals Top 10 are SEC plus USC, Florida St. and Ohio St. It seems to me there is a real correlation between recruiting success and media (ESPN) hype. The signing day press conferences have become part of the hype. Do you think some 4/5 kid is going to go on national television on signing day and pull a CU hat out of his bag? No way. I've been watching recruiting evolve for 35 years and the disparity between the haves and have nots has never been bigger.
If your goal is to make Slider look like an unapologetic sunshine pumper today....good work.

We're going to be fine. Enjoyed listening to Coach Mac talk to Al and Dbag tonight. Soon we'll be in a position where most of the starters are upperclassmen and we'll be on a field that is much closer to level. With more wins will come better recruits. I don't feel like being patient any more than anyone else does, but we're finally on the right path.

We're going to be fine. Enjoyed listening to Coach Mac talk to Al and Dbag tonight. Soon we'll be in a position where most of the starters are upperclassmen and we'll be on a field that is much closer to level. With more wins will come better recruits. I don't feel like being patient any more than anyone else does, but we're finally on the right path.
No we're not. Aaaazaaah. Ahhhhhhhhhhh anhhhhhhhhhub huh h .

/Slider

Despite my apparent journey into negativity as mistakenly perceived as such by a few misanthropes, I, too, am hear to proclaim an expectation of better results in the very near future.

Can't wait for the Denver Post articles espousing the greatness of csu's recruiting class.:huh:

CU is on the right path because, well, just because, I guess? You do realize that there's not a whole lot of substance to your comment, right, and that furthermore, these exact same sorts of things were asserted under both Hawkins and Embree, and repeatedly at that?

Our recruiting is barely a half-step ahead of last place in the conference and a sizable distance in both quality and quantity behind #10/12 Washington State University. This is what "we're back" looks like.

not one 5 star recruit started in the super bowl this year...and the college team who had the most players?????..... bama-NO osu-NO Lsu-NO USC-NO .........correct answer wisconsin!

Since I was totally wrong in my assertion that there is a growing void between the "haves" and "have nots", and accepting the fact that star ratings are not the end all, are all of you that slapped me down confident that we will compete with USC, who averaged a 3.96 star rating, and UCLA, who averaged a 3.79 star rating, down the road? Am I wrong in this statement: "In order for CU to compete in the Pac in the future, recruiting has to improve and improve significantly?"

That said, I am in the court of those who believe CU can recruit much better in the future and can compete with those guys on the recruiting front. And, again, we are damned blessed to be in a P5 conference because just as the gap between the Top 15 or so and the rest is widening, the gap between P5 and non P5 schools will explode.

You must get really excited for the MLB draft!

MLB Draft! Yeah!

210px-Tim_Lincecum_2008.jpg

Lincecum was selected by the Chicago Cubs of the NL in the 48th round (1,408th overall) of the 2003 MLB Draft

Back