1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the beginning of the end for the NCAA?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Jun 10, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

If this ends up with four super conferences, some are speculating that there could be a move to cede control from the NCAA. Would this be a good thing? Bad thing? What are the implications of such a move happening?

2. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Nope. There will be give by the NCAA but they will not fold. Mark Emmert is taking the reigns. He just stepped down as UW AD to lead the NCAA...

He's a UW grad who led LSU as AD (hired Saban there) and then came to UW (hired TW then Sark so he's 1-1 there).

Emmert knows football rules the roost and I cannot see a situation where the NCAA breaks up. I see the NCAA working more with the BCS schools now, but I suppose we'll have to see...

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If the landscape changes to the degree where there are four super conferences, the NCAA will cease to exist as a viable entity. The conferences will have all the control. The NCAA can continue to look after the small colleges, but the big boys will be in a different league altogether. The minute the NCAA tries to mess with a member institution, they'll be kicked to the curb.