1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISU vs. Iowa

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CU827, Sep 13, 2008.

1. CU827

CU827 Well-Known Member

Wow these two teams really suck. Ferentz has to be on the hot seat this year.

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

They were saying on GameDay this morning that Iowa had quite a few players suspended.

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Chizik is a good coach. But can he lure talent to Ames? I wen't there a few years back. It really sucked balls. Iowa City is ten times better than Ames.

4. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

No, I don't think he can lure talent to Ames IMO. They don't have near the facilities that Iowa has and he has compete against Minnesota, Illinois, Mizzou, Nebraska, Kansas and Kansas State. Those schools have way better facilities that ISU and that's hard to compete with.

5. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Iowa City is a GREAT town! I'm on board with Chizik, too. It takes quite a while to turn something around in Ames, however. McCarney had some good teams, and I bet Chizik does before it's over, too.

6. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

could only muster up 5 points for the big in state rivalry game??? Had to give my cousin **** about this...and in typical fashion he responds "We suck so hard...our team somehow finds a way to get worse every year"....not a good sign from Ames

7. HuskerHater

HuskerHater Club Member Club Member

Pretty sure Northern Iowa is the best team in the state. Again.

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Any mention of Iowa State just reminds me of the horror of last year's game.

I hope the Clowns lose every damn game from now on and we beat them 88-0 every year...

9. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

Anyone else see the punt return by Iowa? I just saw the highlights, but I swear I have never seen a guy returning a punt run any slower than that player did. Don't get me wrong, he made some good moves to spring himself, but good lord, I could've run faster than he did! Bad sign when that is the guy you choose to return kicks.

10. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Well in his defense that was his first game back since he missed all last season with a torn hamstring. Not a pulled hamstring a torn hamstring, that has to take a step out of your speed. If Ferentz doesn't do something this season he's gone IMO. He gets paid way to damn much for what he's done so far there. I think he is the 4th or 5th highest paid coach in college football! WTF for??? :wtf:

11. HuskerHater

HuskerHater Club Member Club Member

He's good job security for the Iowa City Police Department.:lol:

12. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i, too, like Iowa City. good town.

Chizik might have done well to wait another season before jumping to ISU.\

Dan McCarney may have topped out at ISU. sort of contend for the division (in a weak North) and Houston/Indy type Bowls. in my 35 years of following the Big 8 that's about all Jim Walden was able to achieve. may be the ceiling for them in football. hoops is really in the tank, too.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  13. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

I actually applied to Iowa State back in the day... SOOOOO glad I didn't go there.

14. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

I'll root for ISU any day when they play Iowa. You have no idea what it'd like living among Iowa fans. Here are some examples:

1) This is an actual poll that was on an Iowa blog:

Where should the Hawkeyes be ranked:
    1) #1
    2) Top 3
    3) Top 5
    4) Top 10
    5) Not in Top 10 because I'm an idiot

2) Actual quotes read or heard in the last week:

"Brodell (punt returner) is one of the fastest players in the nation."

"Jake Christensen showed why some considered him a Heisman caliber QB in the fourth quarter."

"What other team in the nation can say they've outscored their opponents 86-3 (pre-ISU)!! We have to be #1 in the nation!"

3) Iowa City is a dump of a town.

I prefer, choking on my own vomit right now, Husker fans to the moronic Hawkeye nation. :keule:

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If it weren't for ISU, Iowa would be just like *ebraska. An entire state blindly devoted to one school because they have nothing else to be proud of.