What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It Begins....

LUSKCICCQLAIWXG.20110622160939.jpg

I always liked Jay Humphries
PRCZPOOLHKYVVRZ.20110622161003.jpg

I see one there. Are you seriously counting those other 3 as pros. I meant people that actually matter.

Do you really want to go there with NBA success of former players? Considering the success that UA basketball has had, the NBA success of your players is an embarrassment. Is this accurate? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Wildcats_men%27s_basketball

It looks like you've had only 2 players (Gilbert Arenas - 3 and Sean Elliott - 2) ever make NBA All-Star teams. If I was a recruit, I'd see your history and realize that playing at Arizona is a good way to make sure you're not prepared for the NBA.

Hell, CU can match your NBA with the all-star appearances of Chauncey Billups and Scott Wedman.

(You really shouldn't have brought this up. It makes you look bad. We don't brag about the NBA impact of CU basketball and it's not much behind UA's with us having easily the best player.)

I'll be honest. I've always placed Arizona basketball on a pedestal, but since the *********** have come over and given us a history lesson, I'm realizing I've been giving that program too much credit.

Here's what I know about Arizona fans...

They do not know that real shirts have sleeves.
They tend to say "YOLO" at least once per sentence when you meet them in person.
They don't know that Axe body spray needs to be used in moderation (and shouldn't be used by anyone over the age of 16 really).
They believe the game of basketball was invented by Lute Olsen in the 1980s.

They tend to say "YOLO" at least once per sentence when you meet them in person.
They don't know that Axe body spray needs to be used in moderation (and shouldn't be used by anyone over the age of 16 really).

Congrats for using hasty generalization and several other fallacies in one post. Here's my imitation of your ignorance:

Here's what I know about CU fans:
They live in the past
They smoke weed 24/7
They have dreadlocks
They are Rastafarians (your username actually justifies this generalization)
They live in the past
They talk **** without justification
They think they are simultaneously KU in basketball and Nebraska in football without being nearly as good as either program EVER

Do you really want to go there with NBA success of former players? Considering the success that UA basketball has had, the NBA success of your players is an embarrassment. Is this accurate? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Wildcats_men's_basketball

It looks like you've had only 2 players (Gilbert Arenas - 3 and Sean Elliott - 2) ever make NBA All-Star teams. If I was a recruit, I'd see your history and realize that playing at Arizona is a good way to make sure you're not prepared for the NBA.

Hell, CU can match your NBA with the all-star appearances of Chauncey Billups and Scott Wedman.

(You really shouldn't have brought this up. It makes you look bad. We don't brag about the NBA impact of CU basketball and it's not much behind UA's with us having easily the best player.)

You missed Andre Iguodala who went in 2012. You can't deny the NBA success of Mike Bibby, Damon Stoudemire, and Richard Jefferson, who all should have been all stars at some point. Also Arizona alumni since 1985 have raked in the third most earnings in the NBA behind only the great programs of UNC and Dook. http://online.wsj.com/news/interactive/RICH020812?ref=SB10001424052970204136404577209391406607120 So maybe if you were a recruit, you'd see the amount of dough former Arizona players are currently pocketing in the league and be fine with our "lack of all stars".

Last edited:
Congrats for using hasty generalization and several other fallacies in one post. Here's my imitation of your ignorance:

They live in the past
They smoke weed 24/7
They have dreadlocks
They live in the past
They think they are simultaneously KU in basketball and Nebraska in football without being nearly as good as either program EVER

This is actually very accurate

Going to be a long day tomorrow. Bring out the Irish Coffee in the parking lot.

They live in the past
They smoke weed 24/7
They have dreadlocks
They live in the past

I have now learned that Arizona fans repeat things when making generalizations, they just don't seem to be very creative.

You've met some of the young fans, I guess. Most Zona fans I've seen are old. Men with white hair and women with Supercuts perms. A bunch showed up in Vegas wearing their Rockports or crinkle-toed Reeboks (if they weren't rolling in gangsta syle on their Hoveround) and sporting the aggressive stance of fanny pack in the front as if to say, "None of you young whippersnappers are gonna steal my bingo chips without having to look me in the eye!". Surprisingly angry group of octogenarians.

They live in the past
They smoke weed 24/7
They have dreadlocks
They live in the past

Don't these completely contradict each other? So, you live in the 90s with Zona hoops, yet CU being a threat to you now is unjustified because you were good in the 80s?

They live in the past
They smoke weed 24/7
They have dreadlocks
They live in the past

Mine were actually all first hand observations of Arizona fans from the Pac-12 tournament last year. The number of unnecessarily exposed man arms was kind of disturbing.
Patchouli is a better aroma than the combo of Axe and BO, by the way.

Question for Orr - did you choose "Richard" in your metaphor as a reference to their esteemed football coach, or was that simply random chance?

You've met some of the young fans, I guess. Most Zona fans I've seen are old. Men with white hair and women with Supercuts perms. A bunch showed up in Vegas wearing their Rockports or crinkle-toed Reeboks (if they weren't rolling in gangsta syle on their Hoveround) and sporting the aggressive stance of fanny pack in the front as if to say, "None of you young whippersnappers are gonna steal my bingo chips without having to look me in the eye!". Surprisingly angry group of octogenarians.

Why would anyone carry around bingo chips? Stop smoking dope ... oh wait. I think I'm done here. I have real work to get done. Enjoy your beer themed arena tomorrow. Too bad you don't have alumni who actually care about your school that you could name it after instead of a college kid beer that's slogan is something about temperature (which the consumer controls I think). I know that's not relevant but I have always wanted to vent about how stupid it is. So long potheads!

Do you really want to go there with NBA success of former players? Considering the success that UA basketball has had, the NBA success of your players is an embarrassment. Is this accurate? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Wildcats_men's_basketball

​Nik, stop using facts and logic backed up with sources to prove your points. That's not allowed when you are in an argument and defending your team.

Why would anyone carry around bingo chips? Stop smoking dope ... oh wait. I think I'm done here. I have real work to get done. Enjoy your beer themed arena tomorrow. Too bad you don't have alumni who actually care about your school that you could name it after instead of a college kid beer that's slogan is something about temperature (which the consumer controls I think). I know that's not relevant but I have always wanted to vent about how stupid it is. So long potheads!

So is this guy anti-pot or anti-beer?

Why would some one think that saying we smoke pot is an insult considering it's legal here?

Don't these completely contradict each other? So, you live in the 90s with Zona hoops, yet CU being a threat to you now is unjustified because you were good in the 80s?

I said I was done but I have to correct you now. Friggin obnoxious. How many Elite 8s has your precious Tad been to? Zero? Oh that's understandable. How about Sweet 16s? Zero as well? Ouch that is sad. How many tournament wins total? 1? Holy **** that is just straight up depressing!! How can you live like that?!?!

So is this guy anti-pot or anti-beer?

Sounds like he could use a hit and a couple beers.

I'm confused now. I thought Arizona was a party school. Apparently, their students don't have access to weed and if they're under 21 they need to drive to Nogales to find a beer. Who woulda thunk it?

translation: I'm getting owned. I'll retreat and if Zona loses, you'll never see me again. If Zona wins, I'll be back for a drive by tomorrow. Either way, CU basketball threatens me and my fellow Zona fans. Our insecurities know no bounds.

Yeah! Stupid naming a college venue for a college kid beer!

I miss Skeet already.

I think you are overestimating how many all-stars good college basketball programs usually produce.

We have 3 all stars all-time. Our first was Elliott in 1993.

Kansas has 6.
Indiana has 6.
Louisville has 5.
Michigan St. has 5.
Ohio St has 5.
UCONN has 4.
Syracuse has 4.

Also, each of these programs (except UCONN) produced multiple all-stars before when Olson took over. Considering that, I'd say we are doing comparatively well. Certainly not an "embarrassment".

Back