What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It is clear that the school is trying to frame the message about keeping Embo

All I want for Christmas is a CU administration that is personally and passionately committed to the success of CU athletics, as defined by winning conference championships.

Don't put some lipservice coal in my stocking.

Benson - 72 years old.
DiStephano - 38 years service at CU.

Maybe MB is waiting on Tedford's buyout to be settled so CU can see if they can pick him up on the cheap??

Kidding/sorta

The local media doesn't give two sh!ts about college sports. They just want to keep their jobs. It's a bit surprising that Frei is supportive of Embo, with Frei being CU alum and all. I guess that money is really the only allegiance that these buffoons care about anymore.

The local media doesn't give two sh!ts about college sports. They just want to keep their jobs. It's a bit surprising that Frei is supportive of Embo, with Frei being CU alum and all. I guess that money is really the only allegiance that these buffoons care about anymore.

It is not surprising at all. Frei is a coach's son. He will side with the "needs more time" argument every time.

How long can you live with the blinders on and not see reality? I'm starting to wonder if Frei is a secret member of Buffs4life.

I don't know that they necessarily have blinders on, I just don't think they understand how things work in this age. Part of the problem with the media is that they're all older and still generally rooted in a print media environment. Even 10 years ago, the "give him time" argument would have been fine and more closely correlated with the "we gave mac time" argument. 10 years ago, even if a team sucked, a staff could still recruit because information was much more difficult to come by.

What a majority of the media don't understand, and the school admin for that matter, for likely the same reasons, is that this is a different time.

If you put aside the fact that the current staff is just historically bad which is reason enough to move on, even being regular bad doesn't warrant time. Coaches can no longer walk into a living room in So Cal and spin anything they want. Just about every team is on TV every week, and information through sites like this are available at a recruit's fingertips. A staff can't hide what's rotten anymore.

The old "a staff deserves to coach their upperclassmen" no longer holds true. By year two, they need to be performing, and a look back at the past few hiring cycles shows that you're going to know what you've got in a staff after year two ~90% of the time. You can argue whether that philosophy is right or wrong, but in today's climate, admins need to act sooner than later. Coaches may deserve 3-5 years, but what they can have and what they deserve are two different things.

Back