What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It is completely obvious to me now.

Did you miss the part where he was calling me a "little dumb ****"?

That was not ok.

You had a choice on how to respond. Duff doesn't care too much about personal attacks among board members. Other mods are more strict about that.

What got him is the response of escalating it into sexual accusations. AFAIK, Duff didn't issue a warning. He just said "watch it". He didn't want it to go any farther that you took it.

This running back by committee **** really bothers me. Most RB's take a bit to get a groove going and then feed off of momentum. I hate platooning RBs as much as I hate the Prevent Defense.

I agree with this. I'd like to see Tony Jones only spelled when he's gassed.

Jesus, it is all too stupid to even comment on, but Mr. Slade came across as ten times the douche tini did with his follow up.

'Tini, know you get hammered in these threads for being, gasp, optimistic versus fatalist. However, if you don't appreciate personal "attacks" don't respond in kind. I appreciate the info you bring to the board, it adds perspective and drives discussion.

I think we all would be better off to recognize we are a bunch of hacks throwing our opinions around. We are right and we are wrong at times. No need for anyone to go personal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though Adkins is being more productive?

Haven't seen the numbers. My comment was based on observation, and I've been wrong before.

edit: primarily, I was agreeing with fatbuff's notion that running backs should be allowed to develop a rhythm.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the numbers. My comment was based on observation, and I've been wrong before.

edit: primarily, I was agreeing with fatbuff's idea that running backs should be allowed to develop a rhythm.

We ran 91 plays yesterday. Adkins and ToJo each had 17 carries. Adkins went for a little over 100 yards and ToJo went for 60-something. Each had a TD.

I hear what you and others are saying about a back developing a rhythm and all. But football seems to be going away from having a guy carry the ball 30-40 times in a game. Also, I'm not sure that we have a guy who can even take on that kind of workload if we wanted him to.

What I would like to see is for someone to become "the man" and start getting 20-25 carries while our #2 is getting around 10. If anyone on our roster can become that guy, it is Adkins.

We ran 91 plays yesterday. Adkins and ToJo each had 17 carries. Adkins went for a little over 100 yards and ToJo went for 60-something. Each had a TD.

I hear what you and others are saying about a back developing a rhythm and all. But football seems to be going away from having a guy carry the ball 30-40 times in a game. Also, I'm not sure that we have a guy who can even take on that kind of workload if we wanted him to.

What I would like to see is for someone to become "the man" and start getting 20-25 carries while our #2 is getting around 10. If anyone on our roster can become that guy, it is Adkins.

Right now Adkins is the only one with a chance. Tojo is not good with the ball. May be the best blocker, not sure. Just ok on the swing or screen. Not even close to an every down back.

I was thinking the same thing as the OP last night. This morning after the fog of another booze filled crushing Saturday had faded, it's not he QB that is the problem. Our coaches failed end of the 1st half, failed to try anything aggressive at the end of the 4th and were even worse in the OT.

We win the OT coin toss, hold fUCLA to a FG and on our offensive possession I thought the coaches called the most vanilla take no chances calls possible. Just once I would like to see play calls that are to try and win games instead of try and lose games close.

PAC 12 is a junk conference, which is why it won't have a representative in the playoff(s).

What do you think of Montez?

I think Montez is a project who has the size and athletic ability to become great. There's nothing he can't physically do that this offense would ask of a QB. But he's far from polished right now. Not like he's coming from one of those advanced offenses in TX or CA HS ranks with teammates and competition all headed to college football programs along with QB guru coaches working with them in the offseason.

On a positive note, when you sign a Montez instead of the types of QBs I described then you are able to avoid some things.

jimmy-clausen.jpg

No ****ing ****!?!?! You mean, if Sefo had run for a ****ing touchdown I wouldn't be complaining? Holy ****ing **** that is the ****ing post of the mother ****ing year right there. If CU had scored 100 points and won the ****ing game, I wouldn't have complained about that either, would I you little dumb ****?

BUT HE ****ING DIDN'T. HE GOT STUFFED FOR A 2 YARD RUN AND THE OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN ****ING CRATERED.

Jesus. Of course no one would ****ing complain if they ****ing won the game. THEY DIDN'T.

At the end of the game, when someone had to step up and make a ****ing play - UCLA did. CU didn't. Coaches, players, NOBODY MADE A ****ING PLAY. Quit ****ing coddling all these mother ****ers! THEY ****ING DROPPED THE BALL YESTERDAY. End of the 1st half -- ****ED UP. Overtimes - ****ED UP.

your best post since... Well, ever.

Rep

I really can't blame a coach, player, or one play for this lose. So many good and bad things happened.

We need to break through. Plain and simple. I can't point the finger at anyone for this lose as everyone had their moments, good and bad. At some point someone has to step up. Not sure what to think about this loss.

Also, its evident we need some change over on staff. Something has to change.
WWIJD?

really needed a WR to step up yesterday. Lindgren called a hell of a game to get us the points we did.
Yeah. I was wondering, the entire game, what the hell was going on with the receivers and kind of came to the realization that we do not have any game breaking guys, including Spruce.

I am happy with what we have seen out of ToJo this season, he came out of the gate as our best runner and in the other aspects of the game has done what you would expect of a senior making the most of his last year of football.

At the same time Adkins got off to a very slow start this year with the high ankle sprain he developed in fall practice but looks to be getting stronger every week with an excellent game running the ball this week.

Take this with a grain of salt since I was always to big and slow for coaches to ever consider giving me the football but I think RB more than any other position is one of natural ability developed to maximum effect.

ToJo plays hard and looks like a smart kid on the field. He also has outstanding straight line speed, if he gets into the secondary not many people are going to catch him. The down side and the thing that keeps him from becoming a top RB is that he doesn't get to that speed very quickly, he needs space to run in. He also isn't very good at finding the hole and getting through it unless it is right where it was supposed to be and fairly large. I don't know if it is vision or instinct but on a team that isn't consistently blowing open big holes his effectiveness is going to be limited. Put him behind Wisconsin's line and he might have a bunch of TDs, but then so would a number of other backs.

Adkins frustrates because he also looks like he doesn't have the instincts of a great (and sometimes even good) back. He can miss holes, dance to much, or not wait for his blocks. On the other hand as he gets more carries and gets more comfortable he seems more natural. He got better last year as he played more and is doing the same this year.

He may never be a great back but he looks to be the best of what we have now. I still think we play to win this year but we also should be working for next year and the following years. ToJo isn't going to be around. He isn't likely to get much better than he is now and if he did it wouldn't help us to a bowl game in future years.

I'd like to see a rotation with Adkins getting the majority of the work, ToJo spelling him (and maybe getting the critical third downs when his pass protection skills may give Sefo more confidence) with Lindsay getting the left overs as well as any garbage time.

So...Sefo. I think it's bogus to lay any loss on any player. However, he hasn't distinguished himself yet. Stupid INTs, clock management FUs and inability to lead a game-winning comeback show me he is not elite yet. If he keeps up these stats AND can actually lead the team back, then he'll be a great QB. The jury is still out for me. I wish we had a legitimate guy to challenge him, but Gehrke to me is a backup not a threat at starter.

What is obvious to me is that Tony Jones should not touch the ball outside of a screen play. I am going to assume he gets so many reps because he is the best blocker. It sure cannot be that he is the best running back. Adkins should be getting a ton of reps and why not give Lindsay more. Did Lindsay get injured yesterday? He had a couple of carries early then gone.

I am so tired of seeing Jones just run into the lineman and fall down. The guy does not adjust or make any cuts. Just runs up the backs of his lineman and then falls down. The line is not run blocking as bad as it appears when he is in the game.

More concerned that hey keep running him than about Sefo

3rd and 2 in 2OT. :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Montez' QB coach had a cup of Joe in the leaque, so I'd actually classify him as pretty polished. He's got a stronger arm and is more of a running threat than Sefo (as is Gehrke). There's a lot of other things that remain to be seen, and most of those, Sefo does very, very well. So time will tell, but I would say Montez has ALL of the tools and the proper mindset. Our QB pipeline hasn't looked satisfactory in 10 years and I think it looks pretty decent right now.

Back