What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

it must be fall camp because...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
i am now convinced (as i am on annual basis) that the Buffs could catch lightning in a bottle and have a special season.

sure, it is improbable, but you have to remember 1989. before the 89 season, no one sane was predicting that CU would go 11-0 and play for the national championship. no one. it is easy now in retrospect to smugly recall how good that team was and how it seems, now, like it was destiny. but, at the time, it felt nearly miraculous.

in 1990, when the Buffs started 1-1-1, no one and i mean no one thought they were still in the hunt for the nc. everyone thought they were done. with about 2 weeks left in the season the Buffs were ranked something like 8th and it looked to be all over. i sat there with the schedules of all the teams in front of CU and i said to myself "you know, it could happen, if x loses to y, etc." and you know what? it happened. CU leapt to the top and won the nc.

in 86, the Buffs started 0-4. the dreams of a return to glory seemed so impossible. but, then they did something they hadn't done in about 20 years... they beat nebraska. and they made it into a bowl game. that was a real turning point for the program.

in 2001, CU lost to fresno state on a qb error. fresno state. at home. sure, they were considered a tough non-bcs team, but still... people were screaming for gb's head. yet, that team delivered a big 12 championship, and 62-36, and SHOULD, imho, have played for the nc.

in 1994, the Buffs were 2 scores down with under 4 minutes to play in the big house. 100k+ of screaming michigan fans were sure of victory. but, we all know what happened.

the reports out of practice have hit all the right notes, i think. the team still has some big gaps, but there may be a spark there. this could be a really special year. i love august.

GO BUFFS!

I am comparing our current situation most to the 2001 preseason. We were coming off of some lean years, still recovering from Neweasel, yet there was reason for optimism in the recruiting we were getting and the feeling of progress in the team and program.

10 and No! Galdarnit let's get this friggin' season underway already, we have some teams to run all over!

i am now convinced (as i am on annual basis) that the Buffs could catch lightning in a bottle and have a special season.

sure, it is improbable, but you have to remember 1989. before the 89 season, no one sane was predicting that CU would go 11-0 and play for the national championship. no one. it is easy now in retrospect to smugly recall how good that team was and how it seems, now, like it was destiny. but, at the time, it felt nearly miraculous.

in 1990, when the Buffs started 1-1-1, no one and i mean no one thought they were still in the hunt for the nc. everyone thought they were done. with about 2 weeks left in the season the Buffs were ranked something like 8th and it looked to be all over. i sat there with the schedules of all the teams in front of CU and i said to myself "you know, it could happen, if x loses to y, etc." and you know what? it happened. CU leapt to the top and won the nc.

in 86, the Buffs started 0-4. the dreams of a return to glory seemed so impossible. but, then they did something they hadn't done in about 20 years... they beat nebraska. and they made it into a bowl game. that was a real turning point for the program.

in 2001, CU lost to fresno state on a qb error. fresno state. at home. sure, they were considered a tough non-bcs team, but still... people were screaming for gb's head. yet, that team delivered a big 12 championship, and 62-36, and SHOULD, imho, have played for the nc.

in 1994, the Buffs were 2 scores down with under 4 minutes to play in the big house. 100k+ of screaming michigan fans were sure of victory. but, we all know what happened.

the reports out of practice have hit all the right notes, i think. the team still has some big gaps, but there may be a spark there. this could be a really special year. i love august.

GO BUFFS!

There are plenty of viable reasons to be excited about this season and a few question marks. But hopefully the stars will align for the BUFFS to make it all happen.

Good post, your right, you never know what could happen. August is always so full of promises, and expectations. Things do seem like they are better, only time will tell.

It still chaps my ass that Nebraska played for the nc without even winning their own conference in 2001. The BCS stinks.

You've convinced me Liver, Rep!

It still chaps my ass that Nebraska played for the nc without even winning their own division let alone their conference in 2001. The BCS stinks.

You've convinced me Liver, Rep!

fixed.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that Husker team had 8 freaking home games too.

Back