What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It needs to be the Collier show at PG

Even if you only have 1 turnover, you're a liability when you get 30 minutes of play and give us 0 points on 0/4 shooting and just 1 assist. XT completely regressing was a key component of many to choose from in this debacle.

I dont think we can put a lot of this on XT. everyone was having issues - jelly didnt do much, neither did wes or XJ. Granted, they were having trouble getting the ball inside, but there were still way too many miscues on defense. It honestly looked like they stayed in the locker room the second half. I was in the stands with my mouth wide open for most of the second half, wondering what in the hell was happening. ****ty passes, sloppy play, and getting abused inside.

This wasnt a close game - they were dunking all over us, and it seemed like every 3 they shot was wide open. the ONLY person I was even partially impressed with was dom, and even though he made a mistake or 2 on defense from being overly aggressive, I'll take it. Like everyone else in this thread, I think dom should be starting at point with ski at the 2, and XT to back up dom and Jhop in for ski.

This is only one game though, and we've got another 27 to play. There's plenty of time for them to get it together.

They need to quit letting the ball stick, move it and themselves. We'll get looks if they do that. Anybody can be guarded if they stand and watch. I didn't see it but, 33 points later, I doubt I'm very far off.

I have never seen a poorer zone offense than the one they execute....the team doesn't seem to want to throw it to the high post and they don't even try to penetrate it much...just pass it around and shoot a 3

They look like they have no idea what to do against the zone. I'm sure they are working on it now, but damn, how do you go into that game not ready for that defense?

They look like they have no idea what to do against the zone. I'm sure they are working on it now, but damn, how do you go into that game not ready for that defense?

A reasonable question. They're hardly a mystery to us.

The thing is snow, we say this every time they go up against a zone.....

I dont think we can put a lot of this on XT. everyone was having issues - jelly didnt do much, neither did wes or XJ. Granted, they were having trouble getting the ball inside, but there were still way too many miscues on defense. It honestly looked like they stayed in the locker room the second half. I was in the stands with my mouth wide open for most of the second half, wondering what in the hell was happening. ****ty passes, sloppy play, and getting abused inside.

This wasnt a close game - they were dunking all over us, and it seemed like every 3 they shot was wide open. the ONLY person I was even partially impressed with was dom, and even though he made a mistake or 2 on defense from being overly aggressive, I'll take it. Like everyone else in this thread, I think dom should be starting at point with ski at the 2, and XT to back up dom and Jhop in for ski.

This is only one game though, and we've got another 27 to play. There's plenty of time for them to get it together.

He played 30 minutes and gave us 0 points and 1 assist. He couldn't do anything to break open the zone. I was pretty clear in not laying all the blame on XT in my original post. He's not immune from it either.

At PG we need Collier getting minutes ASAP.

We have a SG worth a damn - ski. We have a combo guard who can do some nice things - JHop. We have a steady backup PG - XT.

We need a goddamn PG.

We have a SG worth a damn - ski. We have a combo guard who can do some nice things - JHop. We have a steady backup PG - XT.

We need a goddamn PG.

Agreed, and dom's the only one on the roster. They've got to get him more minutes. Is he going to start against AFA?

Your post makes no sense?

We have a SG worth a damn - ski.
I like Ski, but he's not the type of SG that this team begs for. A pure shooter who can really hurt zone defenses. That SG is in street clothes at the end of the bench. We really need that SG.

We have a combo guard who can do some nice things - JHop.
yes, but there's too many things he can't do for a PAC12 combo guard at this stage. I wouldn't call this a strength. This kid needs to decide he's the perimeter shutdown defender and be that.

We have a steady backup PG - XT.
I agree more on this. XT is steady. I think of him more as the combo guard.

We need a goddamn PG.
Bingo

The further into your post I got, the more I agreed with it....

Watch a Spurs video, it doesn't matter what you run on D, they get their shot regardless. A pg is a must and I don't wanna hear DC is young, give him the keys, he can grow as we go.

Tonight would be a good night for him to start...Air Force starts a freshman point guard as well.....Matt Mooney who I think could be a real good player for Air Force the next four years but no where near the talent Collier is.....get your best point guard in the lineup and go with it

He doesn't have the conditioning to start yet. The ankle injury set him back.

You want it to be Dom's show, that means Ski's show takes a back seat IMO. And that means fewer Ski minutes, which usually = more bench time.

No, just let Ski play the "Ski" position and take the thinking out of his game; he plays better that way: no thinking about where everyone else should be. He just cannot see the entire floor and anticipate the next move of anyone but himself. Happens.

Can he not start and limit his minutes a bit?

1+ He can play his way into shape; doesn't always have to be in practice that one gets into shape.

XT or Hopkins can spell him when necessary. Buffs aren't going to be run out of the gym by the Blue Birds anyway.

Dom's going to have his chance to start after he earns it....my problem is Stalzer even seeing the floor. No idea why Tad plays him when we are healthy. Booker still the problem with this years team.

Dom makes his teammates better. Buffs have been missing that since Nate graduated. I thought Spencer was going to be that kind of player, but it was more like he'd give guys a chance to do their own thing and then pick his spots to go Kobe on the opponent. With Dom, like Nate was, we'll see nights when he has a great offensive game while barely showing in the box score.

Dom makes his teammates better. Buffs have been missing that since Nate graduated. I thought Spencer was going to be that kind of player, but it was more like he'd give guys a chance to do their own thing and then pick his spots to go Kobe on the opponent. With Dom, like Nate was, we'll see nights when he has a great offensive game while barely showing in the box score.

He compares to nate like you compare to kamel. Sure kamel has (had?) some good posts at times but there is no comparison.

Dom looked really good last night. That 3-pointer was gorgeous. If a team is going to play zone against you, you need to find the open man and hit the shot. At that moment, Dom was the open man. He drilled it. That was the beginning of the big run that basically put Air Force to bed, IIRC.

Back