1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It starts with heart and talent follows

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Wise Old Man, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

This program has been a part of me since I was born; and after watching the coverage of ND and their 20mil dollar ish buy out, I think I realize that that will not be us, ever.
    It feels like coming to terms with some sort of settling in a loved one. Where you just throw up your hand's and say. "You know what, it's just not in the cards."
    I grew up in the Bill Mccartney era. He build this team, he built this program. I have watched each successive coach try to build on the groundwork he laid, and I find myself looking back to what I remember most; and to my surprise, it is not the wins, it's not the talent, but the heart and prayer.
    After EVERY game he and the majority of the players would go to the north end of the field and pray together. It reminds me that in each player, it is simply a matter of the heart.
    Coach Mac was a man among boys who mentored them into being leaders.
    Each win is TAKEN. Not given by 'if only's , and what if's. "
    It starts with fire in the heart, steel in the eyes, and a passion for the game. That's enough to win. Don't worry about talent, or recruiting this off season; it will be nothing but dis heartening. Remember that all great things start somewhere, and if this team can take it to another level we can and will beat the best of 'em.! :thumbsup:

buffaholic likes this.
  2. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Wow this made me tear up and cry thinking about RUDY!:cry:

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Nice.:thumbsup:

4. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

yes but hawkins doesn't let his players get fired up for games. apparently he knows something that no other football coach in the world knows

5. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Compare that to Coach Hawk:

It starts with fire in the mouth, steel in the head, and a passion for the press conference. That's enough to come 10 plays away from winning.

Buffnik likes this.
  6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm sick of the constant Hawk bashing... but that was ****ing funny! :smile2:

Rep. :thumbsup:

7. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Thank you sir.

8. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

There's a gleam men. There's a gleam.

9. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

Haha. Oh how sad