What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It was only a matter of time...

Yes..

Players are getting a full ride here to play football.. I don't think its much to ask for them to abstain from drug use.. If smoking pot is more important than playing football than Clark Evans should go play somewhere else where he can get lit up every night while he rides the pine at some other school.. The guy is 3rd string.. See ya.. Goodbye.. Adios... Get someone in here that actually will take the game of football seriously and won't act like some jack off.. The guy is a frickin QB which is probably the most biggest leadership position on the team..

We are sitting here with a 3-9 record, and people here want to make excuses for the kid. Please.. I guess some of you guys are proud we got players on the team that think the law is some joke and its all fine and dandy to screw around while we continue to lose game after game.

The players are here to play football and get a free education.. Not to smoke weed during their free time. Time for Dan Hawkins to show some leadership and boot the kid..

Last edited:
What if it was this guy?

View attachment 4458

Yes..

Players are getting a full ride here to play football.. I don't think its much to ask for them to abstain from drug use.. If smoking pot is more important than playing football than Clark Evans should go play somewhere else where he can get lit up every night while he rides the pine at some other school.. The guy is 3rd string.. See ya.. Goodbye.. Adios... Get someone in here that actually will take the game of football seriously.. The guy is a frickin QB which is probably the most biggest leadership position on the team..

What if it was this guy?

View attachment 4458

Salaam get caught with pot when he was here? And was he 3rd string? (actually in terms of RB depth chart wise a 3rd string QB is like the 6th string RB in terms of potential playing time)

Plus, I believe the QB position is one of the most important positions on the team in terms of showing leadership..

Snoop Dog wears Clark Evans pajamas...for shizle.

Clark Evans kicks Glaucoma's ass

If Clark Evans were a bell, what sound would it make? BONG!

Yes..

Players are getting a full ride here to play football.. I don't think its much to ask for them to abstain from drug use.. If smoking pot is more important than playing football than Clark Evans should go play somewhere else where he can get lit up every night while he rides the pine at some other school.. The guy is 3rd string.. See ya.. Goodbye.. Adios... Get someone in here that actually will take the game of football seriously and won't act like some jack off.. The guy is a frickin QB which is probably the most biggest leadership position on the team..

We are sitting here with a 3-9 record, and people here want to make excuses for the kid. Please.. I guess some of you guys are proud we got players on the team that think the law is some joke and its all fine and dandy to screw around while we continue to lose game after game.

The players are here to play football and get a free education.. Not to smoke weed during their free time. Time for Dan Hawkins to show some leadership and boot the kid..

That was my point. If he was a heisman candidate I dont think you would feel as strongly as you do. That being said if every athlete that I saw smoke weed at CU got caught and kicked off the team you would have missed out on some special performances from 1996-20002.

That was my point. If he was a heisman candidate I dont think you would feel as strongly as you do. That being said if every athlete that I saw smoke weed at CU got caught and kicked off the team you would have missed out on some special performances from 1996-20002.

I'd be shocked if any of them were QB's.. I understand not everyone is going to be choir boy but I have higher expectations for a QB..

And since we aren't winning now, I have no patience for players who can't get their act together.. I rather finish 3-9 with a bunch of choir boys, than 3-9 with a bunch of law breakers.

If there wasn't bad news coming out of CU football, there wouldn't be any news at all. Its sickening.

BTW, we only had about 2 special seasons during that time period.. 96 and 01.. Much of the other years were disappointments in terms of the expectations those teams had before the season.

Last edited:
I personally hate smoking pot but I don't really have a problem with kids getting high, especially in the offseason. Pot is not bad for you and it doesn't generally make people violent. Who cares? Just don't be an idiot and actually manage to get busted for smoking in your dorm room.

Getting in trouble in a CU dorm requires either terrible luck or extreme stupidity. The overwhelming majority of the time it is the latter. When I lived in Chey-ho it was an absolute joke... the RAs didn't care unless you literally gave them no choice but to write you up.

Why should position matter?

I'd be shocked if any of them were QB's.. I understand not everyone is going to be choir boy but I have higher expectations for a QB..

And since we aren't winning now, I have no patience for players who can't get their act together.. I rather finish 3-9 with a bunch of choir boys, than 3-9 with a bunch of law breakers.

If there wasn't bad news coming out of CU football, there wouldn't be any news at all. Its sickening.

BTW, we only had about 2 special seasons during that time period.. 96 and 01.. Much of the other years were disappointments in terms of the expectations those teams had before the season.

That comment was a joke, right?

You have seen studies on all the things pot can do to a person, right?

I saw this movie, all I need to see!

Devil's_Harvest.jpg

Because the QB is the offensive leader and much of the time is the leader of the team.. You are held to a higher standard at QB whether its fair or not..

I get where you are coming from, but I dont see the need to kick players off the team for first offense misdemeanors.

Could not disagree more that either player should be kicked off the team. If some players have been able to keep their scholarships for far more serious offenses, these guys should be given second chances with the understanding they now have a very short leash.

That comment was a joke, right?

You have seen studies on all the things pot can do to a person, right?

Really? Please give me a link to these studies because from the actual studies I have seen Pot has very minor negative effects (tar in lungs, and some loss of alveoli due to heat of smoke.... not nearly as bad as tobacco) and almost no negative (if not entirely no negative) effects from eating or vaporizing.

There are far worse things than smoking some weed. It's stupid and Clark should be punished, but kicking him off the team is a bit extreme. What Gus did was worse imo, why on earth is he stealing headbands..

Could not disagree more that either player should be kicked off the team. If some players have been able to keep their scholarships for far more serious offenses, these guys should be given second chances with the understanding they now have a very short leash.

I understand kids making mistakes, but I'm sure Clark knew what he was doing when he bought it. Hawkins has said he has "zero tolerance" when it comes to illegal substances. He should practice what he preaches.

I think he should be booted from the squad for a year. No practicing. No team functions. Playing for CU should be a privilege, and Hawk needs to let the rest of the team know. He can be reinstated in the same manner they handled the Kendrick Celestine situation. This will send a clear, and positive message that these type of "mistakes" will not be tolerated.

Last edited:
Hmm, I didn't know he had said that. Still, I can't see how Hawk can justify kicking Clark off the team while letting people that have done far worse things, stay on the team.

Hmm, I didn't know he had said that. Still, I can't see how Hawk can justify kicking Clark off the team while letting people that have done far worse things, stay on the team.
Two wrongs don't make a right. These are very...hmm...stressful times for Hawkins and his staff. There is (and always has been) a microscope on his athletes. Especially now.

I just think it sucks from Clark's pov. He'd essentially be getting made an example out of for doing something that more than half of his classmates do. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but I mean Hawk is all about second chances and such, Clark should get one imo.

I just think it sucks from Clark's pov. He'd essentially be getting made an example out of for doing something that more than half of his classmates do. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but I mean Hawk is all about second chances and such, Clark should get one imo.
I see your point. I think this is probably what is going to happen in this situation.

well this is why we are a losing program.. This team lacks discipline and add into the fact they aren't even that good and have a coach that is softer than charmin toilet paper.

Short leash? How many players were arrested last offseason again?

Its a joke, its time for Talkins to get control of this program. If he can't then maybe he should do the honorable thing and resign and allow someone else to do the job.

If we kick a guy that smoked some weed off the team, we'd win a lot more next year? I couldn't agree more that Hawk exudes soft, but I don't think kicking people off of the team for smoking weed is going to make anyone tougher next year. Hell look at Florida, that dip**** Carlos Dunlap was so drunk that he passed out at the wheel the week of the SEC championship, was he kicked off of the team? Hell no, he was playing the very next game.

Just put yourself in Clark's shoes right now, he made a mistake and he should pay for it. Would it really be fair to get kicked off of the team? I get hating on Hawk, but damn if you think any other coach in the country is going to drop in here and not ever have a player smoke weed under his watch then well, I don't know what to tell you. Hawk saying he has a "zero tolerance" policy on illegal substances(does that include alcohol drinking underage?) is just yet another terrible thing he has said that opens the floodgates for criticism of his program. Hawk's an idiot, but Clark doesn't deserve to be made an example of.

I've raised three kids to adulthood. When raising kids, at least for me, you have to, one, expect a screw up here and there and, two, be a little flexible. To say that Clark Evans should be kicked off the team for a pot incident is ludicrous. The ultimate goal of raising, educating, and coaching kids is to help them become better people. Kids are going to make mistakes. When they do, as long as the mistake isn't too egrigious, you have to use it to help them learn and become better and to set an example to the other kids. If Hawkins was so inflexible as to kick a kid off the team for such a, really, minor thing, he'd lose the team because almost every kid would view the punishment as unfair.

Guess what? I bet 95% of the players on the football team smoke weed or get ****faced regularly. Just like 95% of the football players on every football team. If you don't think it goes on you are being extremely naive. 20 year old college students that aren't nerds party. Football players aren't nerds.

There are documented incidents of all kinds of athletes doing drugs and drinking all the time. A lot of them extremely successful athletes.

Drugs are everywhere in our society. Our previous two Presidents - at least the previous two, I suspect more - have documented histories with cocaine. Bill Clinton before them talked openly about smoking pot. Half of our damn country smokes pot....

Is it something to be encouraged? No. Should he be reprimanded in some form for his actions? Probably, even if only as a punishment for being foolish to get caught. But he should not be kicked off the team. That would be an extreme overreaction.

What Handler did was way worse IMO. One, why is he stealing random crap that he doesn't need? Two, it is indicative of extremely poor judgment. He shouldn't get kicked off the team either, but his punishment should be worse. Theft is a worse crime than smoking pot.

Jimmy & valdez, you gonna hold the same "kick 'em off the team" position for MIPs and other underage drinking offenses?

There are far worse things than smoking some weed. It's stupid and Clark should be punished, but kicking him off the team is a bit extreme. What Gus did was worse imo, why on earth is he stealing headbands..
He's a big guy, I bet he has a lot of headsweat during study hall....

Back