What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It wasn't always like this...

So then we can expect cu to lose every game the rest of the way because reality says we will not score more than 14 points.Okay I guess our coaches don't have to coach or do something to help out the OL or come up with any answers.

We'll just fall back on our OL is young and we have injuriwes there,we don't expect to win. Sorry, that's LAME:rolleyes:

You're consistently calling for better D-line recruiting, correct? I'm assuming that's because you recognize that talent in those positions lays the foundation for success. In the absence of that talent it can be assumed that our team will struggle to achieve wins.

How is that different for the O-Line? I don't see the consistency in your logic.

If our young line is further damaged by injuries and suspensions that far exceed the norm, than that will necessarily have an impact. Of course it's the coaches' job to build the line to the best of their ability and to scheme around the deficiency, but there's only so much, realistically, that a staff can do with the level of talent and experience that exists on our line.

Do we give up on the season? No, of course not. I hope to see more wins this season, and I'll enter every game, including Mizzou, with a sense of optimism.

What I was reacting to in my previous post was the sentiment that says, "I'm tired of hearing about youth and injuries...all teams deal with injuries."

Most teams don't start with the kind of youth CU had on the line. Most teams don't have the number of injuries to their O-line that our team has experienced. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many teams that have experienced success in our situation.

So yes, other teams have injuries. I just believe that the state of our offensive line remains both unique and relevant.

Sorry if that's "lame".

You're consistently calling for better D-line recruiting, correct? I'm assuming that's because you recognize that talent in those positions lays the foundation for success. In the absence of that talent it can be assumed that our team will struggle to achieve wins.

How is that different for the O-Line? I don't see the consistency in your logic.

If our young line is further damaged by injuries and suspensions that far exceed the norm, than that will necessarily have an impact. Of course it's the coaches' job to build the line to the best of their ability and to scheme around the deficiency, but there's only so much, realistically, that a staff can do with the level of talent and experience that exists on our line.

Do we give up on the season? No, of course not. I hope to see more wins this season, and I'll enter every game, including Mizzou, with a sense of optimism.

What I was reacting to in my previous post was the sentiment that says, "I'm tired of hearing about youth and injuries...all teams deal with injuries."

Most teams don't start with the kind of youth CU had on the line. Most teams don't have the number of injuries to their O-line that our team has experienced. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many teams that have experienced success in our situation.

So yes, other teams have injuries. I just believe that the state of our offensive line remains both unique and relevant.

Sorry if that's "lame".

It's not lame, it's accurate. The O-line situation is having a profound affect on both sides of the ball. We have a system QB with limited abilities, the line's inability to perform to that system pretty much eliminates his effectiveness in more than spurts. Given that we have an inordinate amount of 3 and outs, which over the span of the game, wears down our thin d-line. The reason that we gave up so many 2nd half points, imo, in the FSU and KU games points directly to the O-line and the injury crisis. This is a problem that will continue until we either get more depth or bodies back or our coaches change the personel to better fit the scheme or vice versa.

Back