What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's early, but how do you rate the north?

You ****ing won a good game and played very well....Oklahoma was playing like ****ing garbage. Doesn't make you the '****' of the north. Colorado will always be what Colorado has always been....a decent team that upsets someone every other year and has a decent record.

Please shut the **** up. You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Hawk Jr. is garbage when he's blitzed.

:confused:

I don't know if you're watching the same games as I am. Cody has played pretty darn well when facing blitzes, IMO. His 2 INT's last week came off of tipped balls. But whatever, you're entitled to your opinion, regardless of how ill-informed it may be.

You ****ing won a good game and played very well....Oklahoma was playing like ****ing garbage. Doesn't make you the '****' of the north. Colorado will always be what Colorado has always been....a decent team that upsets someone every other year and has a decent record.

Colorado played like garbage at times too. OU scored 14 points off CU turnovers, CU scored 14 points off OU turnovers.

NU is still a team that has not won a confrence title since 1999, and now Hawk has doen something A LOT faster than Cally has yet to do still, beat a top 15 team. Colorado is turning the corner, NU is not, you'll soon see. Smoke and Mirrors

However, it does make the fuskers the 'Bruning ****pile of the North'. Yes, OU playing like garbage had nothing to do with CU's D, they just had an off day.

THAT'S WHAT GREAT DEFENSES MAKE OTHER TEAMS DO!!! THEY **** THE OTHER TEAM ALL UP AND MAKE THEM PLAY LIKE ****!!!!

Surprised that a fusker fan would not remember that...but to be fair, it had been a long, long, long time since NU had a dominating defense.

Too bad you could not beat the #1 team in the country at home, but we did beat the #3 team in the country at home. You pulled out a less impressive win at home over-----Ball State. Face it, between NU and CU, CU rocks the sox, and NU just sucks balls.:smile2:

OU played like ****ing garbage?!?! Jesus, talk about a skewed view. The Buffs played well, certainly not their "A" game by any means. OU did not play their "A" game either but can we give the Buff D some credit here, Toe? They shut OU down. Period. OU tried to do what they wanted to, but the were essentially shutdown by the Buff D. Both teams had costly turnovers, CU's happened early, OU's late so they stick more in peoples minds I guess.

And I can't wait to see all the trick plays clash will have lined up for the CU game--it is your only chance at a win, really.:lol:

However, it does make the fuskers the 'Bruning ****pile of the North'. Yes, OU playing like garbage had nothing to do with CU's D, they just had an off day.

THAT'S WHAT GREAT DEFENSES MAKE OTHER TEAMS DO!!! THEY **** THE OTHER TEAM ALL UP AND MAKE THEM PLAY LIKE ****!!!!

Surprised that a fusker fan would not remember that...but to be fair, it had been a long, long, long time since NU had a dominating defense.

Too bad you could not beat the #1 team in the country at home, but we did beat the #3 team in the country at home. You pulled out a less impressive win at home over-----Ball State. Face it, between NU and CU, CU rocks the sox, and NU just sucks balls.:smile2:

We do suck...Im not the one with 'smoke and mirrors'. I've always said we have a ****ty team because of our D.

We do suck...Im not the one with 'smoke and mirrors'. I've always said we have a ****ty team because of our D.

And if you look at Colorado's stats from the last three games, I think the Buffs D deserves some credit. It isn't a fluke how they are dominating.

Now, since I am the nice guy of the board, I don't think it will be easy for CU in any game the rest of the way, with the exception of ISU, if they don't improve. Even NU. The D will have their work cut out for them, since Keller is not a freshman QB, and you throw more, which is still our weakest part of our D (not as weak as last year, but not as good as the run stopping).

But it is fun to stir the pot once in a while too!:smile2:

Now, since I am the nice guy of the board, I don't think it will be easy for CU in any game the rest of the way, with the exception of ISU, if they don't improve. Even NU. The D will have their work cut out for them, since Keller is not a freshman QB, and you throw more, which is still our weakest part of our D (not as weak as last year, but not as good as the run stopping).

But it is fun to stir the pot once in a while too!:smile2:

I don't think it will be easy either

Here is my ranking through 5 games (for most teams).

1.) KSU - Right now I give them the nod. They have a good defense and their schedule sets up well for them.

2. ) CU - A good defense along with an improving running game gets them some votes. Big Unknown is how they will play on the road. Schedule is not too bad since both Missouri and Nebraska have to come into Folsom.

3.) MU - A good offense but a bad defense. Their Defense is 93rd in the country and they have played a couple of weak teams. Schedule sets up bad for them with OU, KSU and CU all on the road.

4) NU - Nebraska so far has not looked all that impressive with a somewhat questionable defense. Schedule is challenging with Texas, Missouri and Colorado all on the road.

5) KU - The big unknown. Ranked as one of the top teams in the nation on defense but I do not believe it. They have been playing HS teams. Their schedule could be a challenge with KSU, Colorado, and A&M on the road and Missouri at a neutral site. They only have 3 home games left.

6) ISU - This team looks to be in the spoiler category.

Other than ISU I think its still up in the air. Nobody has been dominate through out all of the games they have played. Right now MU, KSU and CU are looking tough but it has been a strange year with all of the upsets.

This weekend certainly was...the top 15 was shaken up quite a bit.

Nortre Dame 0-5?
Michigan gets pimp slapped by Appy State?
Texas loses to KSU...again?
OU gets beat by CU?
Nebraska almost loses to ball state?
Mangino eats a whole wedding cake...and then his kicker?

****in weird

Anybody can win it except ISU, were all close

I don't think NU is all of a sudden no good. They moved the ball on probably the best D in the country so they are not gone. KSU and Mizzou will also be tough, so the conf is getting better but no great teams yet.

Here is my best guess as to how it will play out.

CU goes 6-2 with losses @ksu and @tt
ksu 6-2 losses - @osu, @nu
nu 5-3 losses - @mu, @ut, @cu
mu 4-4 losses - @ou, tt, @cu, @ksu
ku 2-6 losses - @ksu, @cu, @atm, nu, @osu, mu
isu 0-8

ksu wins the head to head tie breaker and meets ou in the CCG.

I think if CU can win the next two games, we have a chance to run the table. We'll see how they respond this week in Waco. JMHO.

Last edited:
Here is my best guess as to how it will play out.

CU goes 6-2 with losses @ksu and @tt
ksu 6-2 losses - @osu, @nu
nu 5-3 losses - @mu, @ut, @cu
mu 4-4 losses - @ou, tt, @cu, @ksu
ku 2-6 losses - @ksu, @cu, @atm, nu, @osu, mu
isu 0-8

ksu wins the head to head tie breaker and meets ou in the CCG.

I think if CU can win the next two games, we have a chance to run the table. We'll see how they respond this week in Waco. JMHO.

I'd gladly take an 8-4 season after last year's 2-10. Throw in the possibility of winning in a bowl game and turning it into a 9-4 season and that's not too bad.

Last edited:
I'd gladly take an 8-4 season after last year's 2-10. Throw in the possibility of winning in a bowl game and turning it into a 9-4 season and that's not too bad.

No kidding. I was thinking 6-6 before the season. 8-4 with a possibility of finishing 9-4 would greatly exceed expectations.

Back