What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

promoted It's National Signing Day!

Great finish to the class and put some optimism back into the faithful. Should be a fun fall seeing this thing start to get some momentum

I figure our ranking would be much higher had Chiaverini been here for the whole cycle.

I expect good things in the future!

Cutcliffe is working dark magic. Same type of rebuild philosophy that HCMM has been operating under.
Built the program from the bottom up and they were able to get the wins to parlay into even better recruiting. Same thing is starting to happen at CU; let's just hope the wins follow in 2016. Slightly easier task in the ACC than the Pac 12 South, though.

Duke is an IVY league school in a good recruiting area, makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm thankful for the good finish to the class. We're still 11th in the average star rankings with a 2.76. However, that is only .2 away from 7th. So, not great but not bad.

In hindsight, I would have liked to see us wait to offer some of the players we got early on and maybe held off on a grey-shirt or two. The OL is the biggest weakness I fear from this class. I wish we could have landed at least one highly sought after player there.

I was very disappointed when they started off early with a real borderline commit like Rakestraw. In hindsight, it looks like they really must have seen something in the kid besides tape/measurables. It appears that he may have helped get some late hihh-profile recruits here. Maybe a guy who may not put up huge numbers but will be a great teammate and ambassador ala Lindsay.

I was very disappointed when they started off early with a real borderline commit like Rakestraw. In hindsight, it looks like they really must have seen something in the kid besides tape/measurables. It appears that he may have helped get some late hihh-profile recruits here. Maybe a guy who may not put up huge numbers but will be a great teammate.

Very important piece in laying the foundation on this rebuild. You can build a team on guys like that.

What's the itinerary for the rest of the day look like? Press conference? MM on the radio?

I was very disappointed when they started off early with a real borderline commit like Rakestraw. In hindsight, it looks like they really must have seen something in the kid besides tape/measurables. It appears that he may have helped get some late hihh-profile recruits here. Maybe a guy who may not put up huge numbers but will be a great teammate and ambassador ala Lindsay.
The Rakestraw commit felt to me like the staff just wanted to get on the board. It was starting to get late and I remember we were getting nervous.

@Skidmark is the MVP of this thread!

Credit truly belongs to the coaches and staff at CU, Adam and Rivals, and AB mods for setting up the joint and keeping the lights on.

Of course special thanks goes to
Bella-Thorne:-Vera-Wang-Fashion-Show-at-Spring-2016-NYFW--05-662x993.jpg

Now Skooo Buffs and give me a reason I'm looking for to stop that movie thread.

I figure our ranking would be much higher had Chiaverini been here for the whole cycle.

I expect good things in the future!

Agree, I really like Troy Walters, but looking back, what did he actually do in recruiting? I mean, he's positive, a nice guy, a good WR coach (PRich and Spruce credited him a lot)... but recruiting wise Chav has done more in a month than Walters did his whole stint here.

You do realize that the Ivy League is an actual athletic conference, with member schools, just like the Pac12, ACC, etc are conferences, right?

Yes but it is commonly used for describing academic excellence as well.

Duke is an IVY league school in a good recruiting area, makes a lot of sense to me.

The very good private academic schools are doing well now. Northwestern, Standord and Duke. Vanderbilt should be doing better recruiting wise given its prestige in the South. I

Of course, with the Super Bowl coverage, there will be no mention of NSD on any of the sports programs. That sucks only because I "like" listening to the local yocals show how little they know about college recruiting. It would be nice to hear a Mac interview or two though.

Of course, with the Super Bowl coverage, there will be no mention of NSD on any of the sports programs. That sucks only because I "like" listening to the local yocals show how little they know about college recruiting. It would be nice to hear a Mac interview or two though.

This year though, all we would hear about is how the local talent is fleeing the state because Mac & Bobo aren't closing the borders and/or paying attention to Colorado HS kids. It seems to be all the rage on twitter right now with some "personalities". I actually prefer the yocals to keep their yaps shut on what they do not know. But then again, they would be out of jobs if that were the case. ;)

You don't want to hear Sandy Clough or Dmac talk about NSD. Nobody does. That would be a waste of time.

You don't want to hear Sandy Clough or Dmac talk about NSD. Nobody does. That would be a waste of time.
I had been looking forward to McCaffery but with the SB, I'm sure they'll only be discussing the SB. Yeah, Cough and Hastings just about blew my mind last year.

I caught the last few minutes of Mac's presser. I hope they post it so I can hear the entire thing.

I gave it a C.
I'm not gonna knock the D-Line recruiting since MM said in the press conference they weren't really looking. Had we gotten some stud DT, I'm sure we'd have taken him. Instead of reaching on some more low 3 / 2 star guys, they didn't take any. - B

O-line. Ish. All 2 stars. Almost no offers. Too many projects. D-

Some great WR gets, but a few questionable ones. B+

LBs: Middle of the road, JC guy looks good. C+

QB: With the transfer, this is the 2nd best area. A-

RB: Best area in the class. Not only the best recruit in the class, but beat out a good list of suitors.

DB - again, numbers, but no standouts. C

Considered dropping it to a C- for overall conference standing.

A much improved class. Two 4* and three 3* all in the last two weeks was a very good finish. Looking at a bigger picture, RG coming on board has made a difference. The facilities upgrade was/is a major selling point to recruits. I do not think JL and DC would be on campus in their roles if it was not for the potential the facilities make. A bowl game and another strong class could finally swing this around. I am sampling the Kool-Aid, not bad!

Back