What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"It's not about wins and losses, it's about who you are and how you operate." -DH

Meanwhile, our AD seems fine with letting him further embarrass the program by making dumbass quotes like this for another 4 weeks. Fascinating, in a bad way.

I wonder if it's that or he's just giving Hawkins more rope to hang himself? If I was Bohn and overruled on a firing I would let Hawkins fall so flat on his face in the public eye that he wouldn't be able to come within a mile of another Div-I coaching job for the rest of his life..

I can picture him looking in a mirror every morning before work: "I believe in YOU!" "YOU are a good person!" "Wins and losses don't matter, just as long as YOU are doing things the right way you will be a WINNER."

stuart-smalley-posters.jpg

I wonder if it's that or he's just giving Hawkins more rope to hang himself? If I was Bohn and overruled on a firing I would let Hawkins fall so flat on his face in the public eye that he wouldn't be able to come within a mile of another Div-I coaching job for the rest of his life..

Possible, but fi true, it's hard to watch...the guy is shameless, arrogant in the face of failure and generally insufferable in his media appearances....

****ing **** **** asshole mother****er anus **** penis wrinkle snatch grabbing ****er of goats **** slinging cum ****ing rapist

Well Dan, that's great. Now please do your part and at least try and win *some* of the football games. :cry:

Well, that pretty much sums up Hawkins and his tenure here.

Not sure if anyone was able to read the entire article, but this last snippet meshed perfectly with the "winning doesn't matter" attitude of Hawkins:
...Colorado hopes to avoid its first 0-5 start to conference play since the 1979 under Chuck Fairbanks. That CU team finished 3-8.

eff you Hawkins. Your tenure here was a horrible disaster. Please just go away and do it without trashing us any more.

He's a ****ing moron, you never hear this from good coaches. He doesn't get it and never will. Same **** for 5 ****ing years.Get the **** out of boulder. As usual, the pussy softball questions continue, nobody up there has the balls to ask the tough questions are hold him accountable.

THE ENTIRE PROGRAM IS SOFT

I can't think of anything now. Elections are over. Time to act.

Why put a new captain at the helm of the sinking titanic that this season has become? Let that conman go down in flames, continue to look idiotic in the public eye for the rest of the season, then have a U-Haul parked in front of his house when he arrives home from the NU game. I don't see any reason to forever link a interim or replacement coach to this mess. Let D-II Dan have all the credit.

As far as I'm concerned, by keeping Hawk for another year, the CU administration felt that the losses in revenue, recruiting and support were acceptable.
I have a feeling that we'll be feeling the effects of the last 5 years for some time and honestly don't think we have the leadership in place currently to properly support athletics at CU.

When I was a student the UMC sold shirts that said: "University of Colorado Football. Winning isn't the everything, it's the ONLY thing!"

He would get assassinated in Texas saying some **** like that, even at the hs level lol. He wouldnt have to put up "For Sale" signs either, they would have been on his lawn for quite some time.

mathematical elimination of bowl eligibility, guarantee of a 5th straight losing season. be my guess.

That is too bad. To think that this AD needs a 5th losing season to get rid of Talkins is all you need to know about Bohn and the rest of the admin.

**** you Mike Bohn for making us sit through an extra month of this **** for no reason.

I can't think of anything now. Elections are over. Time to act.

I think the powers that be told him he had to make a bowl. I think once we are officially out of bowl contention then we may hear something definitive. I agree with the sentiment that they are letting him hang himself, and that the silence tells me more than ever. At least we are not hearing votes of confidence.

Sad that he talked of national championships and such, and now he talks about winning and losing not being important. Is it important if you want to win national championships Dan.

That is too bad. To think that this AD needs a 5th losing season to get rid of Talkins is all you need to know about Bohn and the rest of the admin.

**** you Mike Bohn for making us sit through an extra month of this **** for no reason.

That's the even more depressing part of this whole debacle. Or should we say the scary part for those of us who are CU football fans.

Funny (sad kind of funny) comments from Pat Forde on espn.com. In his "coaches on a hot seat" section, he lists Sherman as the Big XII coach in the most trouble, with the following addendum:

"(Colorado's Dan Hawkins is the more deserving Big 12 coach to be on this list. But we've been chronicling his tenuous job security for nearly two complete seasons now. The sight of buzzards circling Boulder is no longer interesting.)"

Funny (sad kind of funny) comments from Pat Forde on espn.com. In his "coaches on a hot seat" section, he lists Sherman as the Big XII coach in the most trouble, with the following addendum:

"(Colorado's Dan Hawkins is the more deserving Big 12 coach to be on this list. But we've been chronicling his tenuous job security for nearly two complete seasons now. The sight of buzzards circling Boulder is no longer interesting.)"

Haha

20100603__04dcsbiw_200.jpg

you need to chill out and stop acting like such a jackass, bohn's gotten a lot of things right this past 12 months and there are a lot of potential issues with going to an interim which could massively limit our ability to look at new candidates.

i wonder how many OTHER campuses literally have buzzards circling over them. ya know, the ones that circle about the CU "Power House" steam when it's cold. Hawk, the bell tolls for thee...

you need to chill out and stop acting like such a jackass, bohn's gotten a lot of things right this past 12 months and there are a lot of potential issues with going to an interim which could massively limit our ability to look at new candidates.

I would be interested in hearing what those potential issues would be as I cant think of any. Also what has the this AD done to be absolved from any criticism, is a move to the Pac 12 that had more to do with a large growing Denver population than athletics enough?

Well, if cu ends up 6-6, you better be praying the great and powerful OZ fires hawk ...

Hawkins really does not get it though. It is like he got the philosophy of life off graffiti on the subways walls. You teach the players to give their best, to never take plays off, to eliminate stupid mistakes, etc. Then you can say if they did all that and left it all on the field - that is the accomplishment. Can he honestly say his team is doing any of that.

Hawkins really does not get it though. It is like he got the philosophy of life off graffiti on the subways walls. You teach the players to give their best, to never take plays off, to eliminate stupid mistakes, etc. Then you can say if they did all that and left it all on the field - that is the accomplishment. Can he honestly say his team is doing any of that.

Yes, when you're only 1 or 2 plays away. Back to the grindstone. Oh, i'd like to give a shout out to clint hurdle too....

Back