What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's on now, LSU vs Bama

I think Bama wins. Oregon or Stanford could give either one a run for their money in the title game. I think a Oregon/LSU rematch would be interesting. I think Oregon could take it if 100% healthy.

url

Not sure if there's something implied in this, but if you think Stanford wouldn't go toe to toe with either schools is there any reason for it? No disrespect to Alabama or LSU, but Stanford is playing as well as anybody.

I think at the end of the year last year Stanford was the best team in college. No they didn't win the MNC, but they were as good as anyone. They have done nothing this year to make anyone think they aren't even better, despite playing without their two best defensive players yesterday...

Stanford is as physical as any team in the country. I know it's hard to believe, but they are an elite team right now. And their O Line is second to none at this point.

I would actually love to see Stanford beat the SEC winner in the title game, and I think theres a good chance they would

Take it easy BL. There are football fans on this board who still enjoy watching the college game when its being played at such an incredibly high level. The top programs in the country are worthy of some chatter on this college football message board.

to be fair the OP posted this in the Colorado Football Message Board and should be moved to the Pub.

Very true but thats all 77 talks about.
I haven't critical of CU on this board once this year, but here it is:
Problems of CU football -
1) Embree? Could have made a much better hire - but he does deserve 3 years to prove himself
2) terrible facilities - a practice bubble -wtf!
3) an administration that couldn't give a rat's behind
4) student body that would rather get stoned or ski than go to a football game
5) lack of recruiting
6) Denver Broncos - the only team in Colorado that the entire state supports
7) alumni base that is made up of out of state students that leave Boulder and never come back

Not sure if there's something implied in this, but if you think Stanford wouldn't go toe to toe with either schools is there any reason for it? No disrespect to Alabama or LSU, but Stanford is playing as well as anybody.

I think at the end of the year last year Stanford was the best team in college. No they didn't win the MNC, but they were as good as anyone. They have done nothing this year to make anyone think they aren't even better, despite playing without their two best defensive players yesterday...

Stanford is as physical as any team in the country. I know it's hard to believe, but they are an elite team right now. And their O Line is second to none at this point.

That is the Stanford tree after playing either LSU or UA. I know this is just a thought experiment but here goes my take. Several NFL scouts recently said that every UA defensive starter has a good chance to play on Sunday. http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...play-Sundays?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|p. Coaching-they have a 1st year coach and CNS has been a head coach for almost 20 years. Depth-if UA knocks out Luck they don't have a chance. Pick our best player and put in his backup and there is not a huge gap. Scoring 48 ppg vs 40 ppg favors them on paper but look at their schedule. Arkansas, Florida, and Penn State would be favored against every team they have played. Defense-seriously?

If Bama plays Stanford would you pick Stanford to win?

FWIW I think this is the best Bama team ever. They should beat anybody in the nation by 2 touchdowns.

That is the Stanford tree after playing either LSU or UA. I know this is just a thought experiment but here goes my take. Several NFL scouts recently said that every UA defensive starter has a good chance to play on Sunday. http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...play-Sundays?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|p. Coaching-they have a 1st year coach and CNS has been a head coach for almost 20 years. Depth-if UA knocks out Luck they don't have a chance. Pick our best player and put in his backup and there is not a huge gap. Scoring 48 ppg vs 40 ppg favors them on paper but look at their schedule. Arkansas, Florida, and Penn State would be favored against every team they have played. Defense-seriously?

FWIW I think this is the best Bama team ever. They should beat anybody in the nation by 2 touchdowns.

Stanford has football players, one of the best QB's ever, is well coached, very disciplined, and physical.

Oregon made a game out of Auburn last year and I think this Stanford team is better than that Oregon team. It would be tough to beat Bama, but I don't think they're unbeatable. Stanford is a damn good team, LSU is the only team Bama will play that is near what Stanford is.

Stanford has football players, one of the best QB's ever, is well coached, very disciplined, and physical.

Oregon made a game out of Auburn last year and I think this Stanford team is better than that Oregon team. It would be tough to beat Bama, but I don't think they're unbeatable. Stanford is a damn good team, LSU is the only team Bama will play that is near what Stanford is.

How did Oregon do against LSU a couple of weeks ago? They may be 'well-coached' but the dude has been a head coach for 6 freaking games. I get that you defending your conference's honor but don't be a homer. You know they would be a 10 point dog to either of the SEC teams. I am not even recognizing that you are saving 'physical' and P12 in the same sentence. We would love to play them-tickets would be much cheaper than the OU game that got cancelled last night.

How did Oregon do against LSU a couple of weeks ago? They may be 'well-coached' but the dude has been a head coach for 6 freaking games. I get that you defending your conference's honor but don't be a homer. You know they would be a 10 point dog to either of the SEC teams. I am not even recognizing that you are saving 'physical' and P12 in the same sentence. We would love to play them-tickets would be much cheaper than the OU game that got cancelled last night.

If I recall one of our conferences ****ing teams should have beaten one of your confereces ****ing teams in the ****ing title game last year. Stanford is a ****ing awesome football team, ****ing awesome! Maybe more ****ing awesome than your ****ing awesome ****ing alabama team.

And ****ing LSU would beat your ****ing alabama team if it were played in ****ing baton rouge ****ing lousianna.

Last edited:
If I recall one of our conferences ****ing teams should have beaten one of your confereces ****ing teams in the ****ing title game last year. Stanford is a ****ing awesome football team, ****ing awesome! Maybe more ****ing awesome than your ****ing awesome ****ing alabama team.

I am now walking away, head down, muttering.

My only guess is he meant to say "non-physical". :lol:

Last edited:

Saban also cheats. How many players were put on medical scholly last year? The guy doesn't even know how many guys he has on scholarship. He yanks scholarships like no other and doesn't play in the true spirit of college ball.

Saban also cheats. How many players were put on medical scholly last year? The guy doesn't even know how many guys he has on scholarship. He yanks scholarships like no other and doesn't play in the true spirit of college ball.

And it's about that ****ing time for ****ing Saban to go ****ing shopping again for a new ****ing home

And it's about that ****ing time for ****ing Saban to go ****ing shopping again for a new ****ing home

All the barners were saying CNS would be there no more than 2 years. NICK MOTHER ****ING SABAN WILL RETIRE AT ALABAMA. You will be tired of hearing about us, seeing us on gameday, in the SECCG, the BCS bowls. The fact you hope and wish he leaves makes me laugh.

Last edited:

True spirit of college football? What the **** is that?

All the barners were saying CNS would be there no more than 2 years. NICK MOTHER ****ING SABAN WILL RETIRE AT ALABAMA. You will be tired of hearing about us, seeing us on gameday, in the SECCG, the BCS bowls. The fact you hope and wish he leaves makes my laugh.

The ****ing thought that you think Ala ****ing bama is the greatest ****ing thing since sliced ****ing bread makes me laugh

The ****ing thought that you think Ala ****ing bama is the greatest ****ing thing since sliced ****ing bread makes me laugh

What is your problem? I have been coming over here for years and you were a normal poster for a lot of that time. Are you taking all these losses that hard? Does it mean that much to you? If you don't want to talk UA and SEC stay the **** off the UA and SEC threads.

Back