What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's OU over UT

Look for the Big 12 to add this to the tie-breaking process next year:
In the event of a three-way tie, the team that is rated the highest will be the division champion unless it lost to the second-highest rated team, and that team is within five places in the BCS standings. (this is the SEC tie-breaker).

i think it did but it didnt solve the problem. texas beat ou, who beat tt, who beat texas, who beat ou, who beat tt, who.... see?

so, it comes down to bcs rankings.

if i were a voter i would put texas ahead of ou based on....
1. texas won head to head over okie at a neutral site.
2. texas losing close on the road at tt trumps okie blowing tt out at home.
so a loss on the road to a ranked team team trumps a win at home over the same ranked team... have to strongly disagree with you there
3. tt with a blow out loss at okie and barely beating baylor at home deservedly puts them at third and out of the discussion.
yes bat had OU lost to OSU last night would have put them in 1st place due to the h2h tiebreaker with Texas. They were and still remain an equal part of the tie breaking equation in the South...
4. head to head win trumps the losing team with a better schedule when comparing equal W/L records. hey, if that schedule you played was so much harder and you won, should you have not then beaten the best team you played? no? better luck next year.
OU did beat the best team they played this year by 44 points 66-28 over Tech.
5. okie did do better vs common opponents. but they lost when they played the team that matters. fantastic! still lost to the team that mattered.
Yes OU did better versus common opponents, and after next Saturday we there will be another common opponent to factor in the equation. And don't forget OU has 2 victories vs BCS schools OOC (one being over the Big East champs Cincy), compared to Texas's one, plus another ranked team, TCU that is currently ranked in the top 15 that spanked a couple of BCS schools in the PAC 10 in their OOC.

now, i dont have a vote. i cant do anything about it. i like that an old big 8 school is getting props. im not mad at the outcome. its all fine by me. i hope okie makes us all proud vs the sec in the championship game. almost nothing would make me happier.

enough said except you could always become an AP sportswriter.....:smile2:

With all due respect to our Sooner friends, that is utterly preposterous.

Eh, I really felt like UT deserved it over OU (with TT basically being out of the discussion by virtue of being the only team of the bunch with a blowout loss on their resume), but I absolutely won't say it is utterly preposterous.

I really think OU and UFla are the two best teams in the country right now and the stage is set for them to earn their way into a national title game next weekend. I can't really get upset about that... :huh:

Eh, I really felt like UT deserved it over OU (with TT basically being out of the discussion by virtue of being the only team of the bunch with a blowout loss on their resume), but I absolutely won't say it is utterly preposterous.

I really think OU and UFla are the two best teams in the country right now and the stage is set for them to earn their way into a national title game next weekend. I can't really get upset about that... :huh:

Another very astute post by Junction.

I could not agree more.

USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, and Alabama all have pretty good arguments for being in the national title game. I think Florida whomps Alabama, but at worst Alabama will have one loss. There are three other undefeated teams that can argue that they deserve a shot. The total absurdity of the bull**** championship series assures that we will never see a true national champion.

easy solution: kick out baylor and ISU and make the big XII a big 10... make everybody play each other!

Not that this solves anything really, but it makes it easier for a real playoff if the rest of the leagues follow suit :smile2:

easy solution: kick out baylor and ISU and make the big XII a big 10... make everybody play each other!

Not that this solves anything really, but it makes it easier for a real playoff if the rest of the leagues follow suit :smile2:

All those south teams played each other anyway. That doesn't solve anything.

How do you justify this when both teams have the same records and Texas beat Oklahoma?

because they also lost to tech. sounds like 4dem, you want to discard that fact.

I actually think this year is pretty clear-cut. The winner of the SEC championship will play for the title, and they will play against OU if they win, and against UT if OU loses.

pretty clear cut and fair to me. a sec vs b12 mnc game will pit the cream of the 2 toughest conferences together.

you can't excluse an equal participant in a 3 way tie.

All those south teams played each other anyway. That doesn't solve anything.

winnar winnar chicken dinner.

Observations on location from the UT campus, where the Facebook status updates flood immediately whenever something Longhorn-related happens.

Top 5 most extreme comments immediately following the release of the BCS standings:

5. "There are no words to describe how mad I am right now."
4. "F**K OU and F**K THOSE DAMN COMPUTERS!"
3. "apparently it doesn't matter if you beat a team anymore"
2. "stupid BCS we beat both the big 12 teams that your [sic] sending to our conference championship! **** it, Go Tigers!"
1. "____ would like one last miracle this football season - Mizzou beating those [lifestyle-specific F-bomb] down in Norman in the Big XII Championship."

To reply to everyone (UT fans especially) who may agree with some of the comments that made that list, I have constructed a Top 1 ways to prevent this controversy from happening:

1. Beat Tech

Sometimes undefeated teams get screwed out of a trip to a national championship. No undefeated team gets screwed out of a trip to a conference championship.

I would say eff OU in the arse except that those inbreds like that sort of thing. They backed into this thing (wow, there it is again) and Texas got screwed (holy cow, again, woah, I said cow). Mack Brown could have scored more points against most of the teams on the schedule but pulled the dogs off. Stoops likes to stick it in, (what, again?), break it off and pee on your corpse.

Go to hell Oklahoma.

I would say eff OU in the arse except that those inbreds like that sort of thing. They backed into this thing (wow, there it is again) and Texas got screwed (holy cow, again, woah, I said cow). Mack Brown could have scored more points against most of the teams on the schedule but pulled the dogs off. Stoops likes to stick it in, (what, again?), break it off and pee on your corpse.

Go to hell Oklahoma.

:lol: that is high comedy. colt was in for two series in the 4th against a&m. do you have any idea how much sooner bradford was out in ou's matchup?

one thing can be said of ou this season: they got scary deep because the dogs WERE called off with consistency, and early. quite a few down the depth chart clocked time. the only game that this did not happen was the rrso.

do you check the facts or just post whatever comes to mind?

Does Texass go to the national championship game if OU loses to Mizzou next weekend?

Probably....

I would love to see Mizzou kick the s*** out of Oklahoma. Probably not gonna happen though.

Here is an interesting scenario.

Let's suppose Florida beats Alabama, but by a last minute FG. Mizzou pulls off a stunning upset of Oklahoma.

That could mean a rematch of Alabama and Flordia in the BCS championship....Think about it....Alabama barley lost to the #4 team in the BCS and #2 in the coaches, why should they be any lower then #2, and why should Florida not be #1.

What a disaster

By divine right, UT should compete for the mNC.
Everyone knows Texas is the center of the universe and the University of Texas is deep in the heart of Texas.

Everyone else are pretenders, except OU, who are fudge packing inbred pretenders.

And this, Mr. Garrison, is why Mack Brown is always right.

- Cartman

you can't excluse an equal participant in a 3 way tie.

You can, just as easily as you can pick one winner from a three way tie. In this case, more easily as OU and UT are far closer to one another than Tech is to either of them, either in the polls or in the strength of their argument against the other two teams in the tie.

But OU is going to the CCG. I have said I have no problem with that. Can we now stop nitpicking every goddamn thing I have to say on the subject?? :rolleyes:

But OU is going to the CCG. I have said I have no problem with that. Can we now stop nitpicking every goddamn thing I have to say on the subject?? :rolleyes:

je m'excuse. i was engaging in banter. if you feel nitpicked, then i am sorry you feel that way. i did not realize i was singling you out and beating you with an asparagus? :asskicking: (or anyone else for that matter). i thought we were throwing two cents around, that's all.

if it is quite allright with you, i will continue throwing change around on this and other subjects.

je m'excuse. i was engaging in banter. if you feel nitpicked, then i am sorry you feel that way. i did not realize i was singling you out and beating you with an asparagus? :asskicking: (or anyone else for that matter). i thought we were throwing two cents around, that's all.

if it is quite allright with you, i will continue throwing change around on this and other subjects.

I would not attempt you from throwing around what you like, even if I believed it were possible.

Last edited:

Are you going to Vanuatu or something? I do believe that this is at least the second post from you today that has started in French.

Are you going to Vanuatu or something? I do believe that this is at least the second post from you today that has started in French.

oh rllyz? :confused:

i think tx snakes and bugs are crappy nuff to want to dare the sticks of someplace that promises far worse.

oh rllyz? :confused:

i think tx snakes and bugs are crappy nuff to want to dare the sticks of someplace that promises far worse.

From Wikipedia:

On the whole, Vanuatu is a healthy place to live.[3] There are almost no poisonous insects or reptiles on land or in the sea.[3] Many of the serious tropical diseases present in other parts of the world are absent or are controlled in Vanuatu.[3]

Wainaminit. Wouldn't any meaningful debate about which B12S team should go to the championship be in Pigeon Bislama? Who speaks French in the New Hebridies these days? This isn't exactly the Seychelles.

There might be some good pamphlets in French with evacuation routes away from volcano Aoba, though.

Wainaminit. Wouldn't any meaningful debate about which B12S team should go to the championship be in Pigeon Bislama? Who speaks French in the New Hebridies these days? This isn't exactly the Seychelles.

There might be some good pamphlets in French with evacuation routes away from volcano Aoba, though.

About three people remind me every day at NATO, that French is the most relevant international language. I usually answer, "Je ne parle pas Francais...parlez-vous Anglais?"

Ah **** it Sooner's in my opinion played a tougher schedule and kicked the dog out of Texas Tech simply put that is an end game to any controversy. Real world discussion time now ? Longhorns versus the Utah Tards are you kidding me like this would even be a game ? Playoffs yes it is needed.

I hope when the Big 12 ADs meet in the spring that the old Big 8 ADs stick up for each other and don't let the assclowns from the SWC change the tiebreaker rules without much discussion and thought. The old Big 8 schools have taken it in the ass from the Big 12 for too long.

I Mack Brown could have scored more points against most of the teams on the schedule but pulled the dogs off. Stoops likes to stick it in, (what, again?), break it off and pee on your corpse.

Go to hell Oklahoma.

I'll make it public I neg repped you for this post. As you seem to have **** for brains here are a couple of stats for you about OU vs Texas and running up the score.

____1Q 2Q 3Q 4Q
OU. 188 180 143 72
Opp. 30 113 75 78

Seems to me OU opponents have outscored OU in the 4th quarter by 6 points.

Now lets look at Texas

_____1Q 2Q 3Q 4Q
TX___87 138 114 104
Opp__28 75 56 61

To me if my math is correct, Texas has outscored opponents by 43 points in the 4th quarter.

So tell me dooooche, who is "running up the score in the 4th quarter??

Playoffs yes it is needed.

Agree. Seedings and playoffs have been working fine in Division 2.

A cleverly thought out playoff system would be superior to what we have now, in my opinion.

They've been tweaking this BCS rankings system since the early 90s and we still have glaring controversies such as Texas sitting and watching two teams they beat play in a conference championship game (rooting for Mizzou to win to elevate Texas's chances for a BCS title shot). :wow:

_____1Q 2Q 3Q 4Q
TX___87 138 114 104
Opp__28 75 56 61

To me if my math is correct, Texas has outscored opponents by 43 points in the 4th quarter.

So tell me dooooche, who is "running up the score in the 4th quarter??

I count 115-61 for a difference of 54 points.

Itemized:

FAU: 10 (FG, TD pass from backup QB)
UTEP: 14 (TD, fumble recovered for TD)
Rice: 14 (TD run by backup QB, TD run by fullback)
Arkansas: 7 (interception return)
CU: 3
OU: 15, outcome of game in doubt in 4th
MU: 14, (TD run by fullback, TD pass from backup QB)
OSU: 0
TTU: 14, trailed going into 4th
BU: 3
KU: 0
A&M: 21 (2 TD runs by fullback, TD run by backup QB)

For what it's worth.

Back