What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's OU over UT

That, of course, is ridiculous also, but why do OU fans lower themselves to their level and not take the moral high ground? BTW, I am not really referring to you here, but OU fans on another board I frequently post on.

I do think it´s ironic that OU´s run after the RRSO would have been all for nothing had Tech lost to Baylor.

I would still wager OU would have been an "at-large" bid to a BCS bowl, much like Texas is if OU wins Saturday against Mizzou....

and their are idot fans of every school....

I would still wager OU would have been an "at-large" bid to a BCS bowl, much like Texas is if OU wins Saturday against Mizzou....

and their are idot fans of every school....

But then I doubt OU had their eyes on just another BCS appearance this season.

I think Texas is an at-large BCS bowl regardless of the outcome of the OU/Mizzou game. If OU loses, UT probably ends up in the MNC game.

You know when Ladyblaise shows up the thread is really gonna take off. I think she has most of teh posts on page 6/. :smile2:

If you are a top caliber team trying to get to the National Championship, you should run up the score. Since computers are calculating everything, do what is best for your team. Obviously I disagree with keeping starters in in unnecessary scenarios, but if your backups can score, ****ing DO IT!! This is college football, not little league...if your opponents get butthurt over getting whooped then they should have quit playing sports long ago.

I could be wrong, but I think some (all?) of the computer formulas have a "cut-off" point for margin of victory, above which a team doesn't get any more "credit" for scoring more points. Though I can't remember what the number is....I wanna say around 20 points.

It should be even less than that, IMO. To me, score shouldn't matter except for maybe some way to distinguish whether a team won a game "comfortably" or on a last second field goal, etc. The bottom line should be wins and losses.

Also, I seem to recall quite a few people on this very board getting "butthurt" at Stoops after the last time we played them in Norman. Just sayin' :huh:

I could be wrong, but I think some (all?) of the computer formulas have a "cut-off" point for margin of victory, above which a team doesn't get any more "credit" for scoring more points. Though I can't remember what the number is....I wanna say around 20 points.

It should be even less than that, IMO. To me, score shouldn't matter except for maybe some way to distinguish whether a team won a game "comfortably" or on a last second field goal, etc. The bottom line should be wins and losses.

Also, I seem to recall quite a few people on this very board getting "butthurt" at Stoops after the last time we played them in Norman. Just sayin' :huh:

I'm not sure how the computer works. I also don't know if people on here became butthurt back then because I wasn't around, but I don't recall people caring too much about Missouri throwing 58 up on our 0. I didn't care except that we lost.

did anyone notice Proactive Bradford? I think he used it, he should do the commercials with jessica simpson:smile2:

45-35...I just sayin'
:smile:

Texas - Texas Tech 33-39 TT
Texas Tech - OU 21-65 OU
Texas - OSU 28-24 UT (a little close)
OU-OSU 61-41 OU

Just sayin' :thumbsup: with the exception of Ou losing to Texas it looks like OU handled everyone including TT who beat Texas a little better. Please don't whine about OU being ranked higher than Texas. Oklahoma deserves it.

45-35...I just sayin'
:smile:

pho_120608ou

picture is worth a thousand words..... just saying.....:smile2:

Last edited:
Texas - Texas Tech 33-39 TT
Texas Tech - OU 21-65 OU
Texas - OSU 28-24 UT (a little close)
OU-OSU 61-41 OU

Just sayin' :thumbsup: with the exception of Ou losing to Texas it looks like OU handled everyone including TT who beat Texas a little better. Please don't whine about OU being ranked higher than Texas. Oklahoma deserves it.

Where did I whine dumbass? I simply quoted a score.

Where did I whine dumbass? I simply quoted a score.

Sorry you didn't whine. I just assumed by posting the score you were saying that Texas deserved to be in the Championship game over OU. I will say that Mack and company have been doing their fair share of whining and that's why I assumed you were. Sorry about that. I should probably quit assuming.

I know I am in the minority here but here is my take...there was a 3 way tie...if there was a 2 way tie the lines are clear...head to head...but it was a 3 way tie...bottom line is if we don't lose to Tech we are in the BCS Championship game...so I blame us more than the system...Fact of the matter is that none of us would have had a legit complaint if either of the other 2 teams went ahead of us...We shouldn't have lost to let there be this argument in the first place

What is a red "x" worth?

lol

I thought I edited that link out.... it was to a pic from the DMN that shows Nic Harris holding the 2008 Big XII trophy up...

I know I am in the minority here but here is my take...there was a 3 way tie...if there was a 2 way tie the lines are clear...head to head...but it was a 3 way tie...bottom line is if we don't lose to Tech we are in the BCS Championship game...so I blame us more than the system...Fact of the matter is that none of us would have had a legit complaint if either of the other 2 teams went ahead of us...We shouldn't have lost to let there be this argument in the first place

wow went into coronary after reading this. So Ed can I buy you lunch and beer and take you by where I work. There are several of you fellow Longhorn fans there, where I work, that I would like you to expalin this to. Seems my words fall on deaf ears....

I thought I edited that link out.... it was to a pic from the DMN that shows Nic Harris holding the 2008 Big XII trophy up...

wow went into coronary after reading this. So Ed can I buy you lunch and beer and take you by where I work. There are several of you fellow Longhorn fans there, where I work, that I would like you to expalin this to. Seems my words fall on deaf ears....

Won't do any good...they will just fly a plane over you.

Back