What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's time to clean house

Agreed. Getting rid of Bohn at this point makes matters worse for CU's athletic department, not better.

How on earth do you reason that? Football, THE ONLY THING THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS IN COLLEGE ATHLETICS, went from tolerable to the worst thing we've ever seen. How could you possibly make that argument? He's been here for 8 years. Delusional.

Does Bohn have it in him to fire a coach mid season?

What good is that going to do? This season is toast, but having a stand in coach isn't going to help. Obviously this team has quit on Embree. They are just packing it in, rolling over and playing dead. They don't deserve to wear Colorado uniforms.

Last edited:
Bohn once fired a coach who had won bowl games and a conference championship after an embarrassing 70-3 loss to one of the all time great college football teams. What does he do now?

Wow this is dead on. I always hated that firing. I long for the Barnett days. Hell he's available. Let's bring him back. Interim basis to finish out the season. I know it would never happen but why the hell not at this point?

Wow this is dead on. I always hated that firing. I long for the Barnett days. Hell he's available. Let's bring him back. Interim basis to finish out the season. I know it would never happen but why the hell not at this point?
I wouldn't mind seeing GB back, but it will never happen.

Let's start the Push to bring Barney back right here on Allbuffs. I honestly think he would be just what we need right now. Familiarity and although it sounds odd, stability. Mac would be on board too I bet.

Barnett is not what we need right now... and I don't really care if Mac is on board with the next hire or not.

What do we need then. I'm desperate.

To move forward, not backward. Bringing back a former coach gets us nowhere.

Find a BCS-level coordinator that can make the jump to head coach, surround him with two experienced BCS coordinators, and sprinkle in some young assistant coaches that can recruit the hell out of California, Arizona, and Texas.

To move forward, not backward. Bringing back a former coach gets us nowhere.

Find a BCS-level coordinator that can make the jump to head coach, surround him with two experienced BCS coordinators, and sprinkle in some young assistant coaches that can recruit the hell out of California, Arizona, and Texas.

And top BCS-level coordinators will jump at the chance to take the CU job? Are we going to be paying this hypothetical dream staff a salary commeasurable with what other coaches in a BCS conference gets? As people have pointed out over and over with Embee...you get what you pay for.

And top BCS-level coordinators will jump at the chance to take the CU job? Are we going to be paying this hypothetical dream staff a salary commeasurable with what other coaches in a BCS conference gets? As people have pointed out over and over with Embee...you get what you pay for.

Of course we actually have to break out the wallet. I did not figure that needed to be spelled out.

The next head coach should be in the $1.5-2.0 million range and also give him a good budget for assistant coaches. We shall see if it happens.

It's too bad we can't schedule another guarantee game at Ohio St. next year to be able to afford Embree's buyout and the 100% salary increase for the new coach.

Absolutely! Just look at Washington. They forked over some money to get Sarkesian, and appear to be well on their way. Colorado is not a bad job, and is in a great conference.

Back