What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ITT: We Discuss Students & Mike Bohn (For Some Reason)

Getting a 0 on the midterm is the biggest issue... Why professors cannot be accommodating for me to support CU can be frustrating.

Thats very unfortunate. What is it going to hurt to take the test early? Bullsh*t move, IMO.

Thats very unfortunate. What is it going to hurt to take the test early? Bullsh*t move, IMO.

Yeah. I'm not sure how this type of thing would prepare someone for the real world. I mean, it's not like any of us have ever had a job where our boss would refuse to allow us to deliver a project early. ****ing ivory tower bull****.

Yep. I just got the email. I made the top 50 so I have the ticket. Couple issues. Talked to my finance professor and he refuses to let me take the Finance midterm which is on that Wednesday early. None of my friends went to enough games. And the expense of paying for a plane ticket and having a room by myself because I know no one causes some financial issues. Plus I'm 19 (late birthday) so the excitement of Vegas isn't quite there yet.
Yeah this isn't exactly a new revelation. It's shortsighted on RG's part IMO not to pay for all of this. I read his explanation as something like he wanted to make the AD as a whole stronger. The Department would be stronger if basketball went on a deep run and donations came in as a result.

Yeah this isn't exactly a new revelation. It's shortsighted on RG's part IMO not to pay for all of this. I read his explanation as something like he wanted to make the AD as a whole stronger. The Department would be stronger if basketball went on a deep run and donations came in as a result.

It's not shortsighted, it's a business decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those two are not mutually exclusive. It's a shortsighted business decision.

that was managed poorly. I am hoping that came to light at the end of the basketball season and they are going to manage around these things better goign forward.

When I was in the band, not sure if the 50 chosen could do this, if a teacher would not allow the band director to proctor an exam or would not let me take a test early/turn in a project or homework early, then the AD could get involved. From what I have heard, faculty have to at least try to make accommodations for AD events.

FightCU, if you really wanted to go and could find a way to swing the cash, email Rick George and inform him of the situation. He may be able to convince your professor by providing an AD proctor. At the tournament last year all the bands and spirit squads from all the conference schools and I believe the C-Unit were given access to one of the ballrooms at the Tropicana. It was a homework room with free wifi and it was where the AD proctored all exams for the spirit squad and C-Unit members they took on the trip. The band director proctored ours, unless the professor specifically requested otherwise.

[video=youtube;htxjLwFB3zY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxjLwFB3zY[/video] This is the video of two years ago I believe. That jump between that year and last year is simply amazing, but it shows how far we have came. The crowds also get progressively larger as the season continued.

Back