What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

so what is you solution?

I say allbuffs should take over the program

Athletic director - Valdezj

Head coach- Boulder Buff

Offensive CO/QB Coach- DBT

OL - 96BUFF

RB- Col. Slade

wr- highflyer

TE- 4bcs

DC- 87 to infinity

DL COACH- ME

LB- Snowbuff

DB- FIB

Tutor/academics advisor- skiboot

Everyone else will be out recruiting and doing great marketing

Any of these names can be replaced with anyone on the board, just a rough draft:thumbsup:

WR-

Not sure, obviously; it is just disappointing. I liked what Josh brought to the team and think he had and has tons of room for improvement. I also had met him and talked to him for a while and liked the kid, so perhaps I am biased.

so the plan is to just bitch and moan because a kid decided that his future would be better served by persuing a degree at another school. but, due to our selfishness and our love for the football team, and the fact that we didnt get our way, we need to place blame. and what better place than the head coach?

cant really blame the kid. he is just following his passion. cant fault that. dissappointed, sure. but geeze.....

so, we get to blame the coach. that makes sense!!! he sould have known!!! he should have seen it comming.

i personally really liked your response to my question. honestly. i feel the same way about the kid as you do. its a big blow to the team at a position of need. its not good. but, the team will have to find a way to evolve and make up for his absance. thats the way it goes. its a big deal for the football team, no doubt. but its not the end of the world.

and it sure as hell is not Hawks fault. that is just friggin stupid. we need to understand that we are dealing with 18 to 22 year old kids/young adults. they are trying to find themselfes in a lot of ways. we can not let our love of the football program and our desire to see a winning team on the field cloud this fact. they dont always do what you would like. just as all kids do.

you take the good with the bad and you live with it. hawk will have his chance to be judged on his own merits with or without j-fly. he does not make or break the team. a big loss it is indeed. this is where hawk can prove his worth. we will see what happens.

It could be worse. When these players left the team, it's a blessing that no police reports are involved.

Head coach- Boulder Buff

OL - 96BUFF

RB- Col. Slade

wr- highflyer

TE- 4bcs

DC- 87 to infinity

DL COACH- ME

LB- Snowbuff

DB- FIB

Any of these names can be replaced with anyone on the board, just a rough draft:thumbsup:

WR-

Just don't put me on the DL coaching-- I don't want that Syko guy chewing on my ass every other day!

aath-a-leeee-tic dIIrector for moi.

i lead us to the promised land.

i'll cheat.

:lol:

and then i will deny it.

and then i will say NOTHING.

just like usc...

:smile2:

If it makes you feel better, just pretend that JFly blew his ACL out a week before the season opener.

J-Fly nothing but best wishes, some people decide to leave dick responses. The Reality is normal everyday people wish you well and god bless. Truly hope everything works out. Loved your contributions and fact you sacrificed physically to represent CU.

J-Fly nothing but best wishes, some people decide to leave dick responses. The Reality is normal everyday people wish you well and god bless. Truly hope everything works out. Loved your contributions and fact you sacrificed physically to represent CU.

^^^^ X100. I feel pretty bad about the stuff I said earlier about him. And if anything he got us Darrell Scott:thumbsup:

muppet_statler_waldorf.jpg

Frank: Jimmy, you not down with a 5 star rb and a 4 star rb and a complete hidden gem in the same rb class adding to depth?

Jimmy: Yea!!! the depth of hawks drowing pool!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha

Jimmy: Frank, dont you think that hawk should have forseen two years ago that the young JS was a rapper and not a football player?

Frank: What else could hawk recruit other than rappers? i have not seen a real football player on the field in folsom since i rushed the filed in '01.

ha ha ha ha ha

Jimmy: Frank, do we lose anything with J-Fly transfering?

Frank: Yea!!! we lose watching the most over rated WR in CU history!!! Good riddance!!! friggin Rico Smith part II.

ha ha ha ha ha

Jimmy: yah! **** those guys.

:gobuffs:

i think i have that about right.

Frank: See I told you the Slick Rick years weren't so bad..

Jimmy: Yep, you were right.. 10 years since leaving for Washington and we've had one decent season and a couple of crappy mediocre Big 12 North titles..

Now we have some Hawk Love..

hahahahaaha.

Leaving CU to pursue a rap career is a head-scratcher. J-Fly's bone-headed plays also left me oftentimes scratching my head. I suppose, then, that Josh's decision makes perfect sense. :lol: I have no clue what it takes to be a rapper, so I am not in a place to criticize his decision.

Are we losing a superstar? Not by any stretch. Was Josh a valuable asset to the program? Certainly. I am sad to see him go, but we'll get over it.

Best of luck to you in your life's pursuits, Josh. Thanks for the two years. I look forward to buying one of your albums.

Head coach- Boulder Buff

OL - 96BUFF

RB- Col. Slade

wr- highflyer

TE- 4bcs

DC- 87 to infinity

DL COACH- ME

LB- Snowbuff

DB- FIB

WR-
won't find me teaching LBs. OFfensive guy. Put me on QBs or WR's please.

Leaving CU to pursue a rap career is a head-scratcher. J-Fly's bone-headed plays also left me oftentimes scratching my head. I suppose, then, that Josh's decision makes perfect sense. :lol: I have no clue what it takes to be a rapper, so I am not in a place to criticize his decision.

Are we losing a superstar? Not by any stretch. Was Josh a valuable asset to the program? Certainly. I am sad to see him go, but we'll get over it.

Best of luck to you in your life's pursuits, Josh. Thanks for the two years. I look forward to buying one of your albums.
Since I'm pretty sure being a rap star doesn't require a college education, I'm assuming being in LA is what it takes. I mean, how many great rappers have come from Denver?

Head coach- Boulder Buff

OL - 96BUFF

RB- Col. Slade

wr- highflyer

TE- 4bcs

DC- 87 to infinity

DL COACH- ME

LB- Snowbuff

DB- FIB

WR-

I like it. I'll institute the Alex Gibbs 'no talking to media rule', cuz my OL will be foul-mouthed mother****ers whose quote would look like this: "I just want to ****ing help the ****ing team, you know? Goddamn mother****ing ****ers in ****braska suck ass. Go Buffs!"

That would definitely be an interesting coaching staff to take out on recruiting trips.

Worst case scenario:
J-Fly leaves. Trashes the program. Pulls Darrell Scott with him. The team chemistry falls apart. Even the die hard supporters of Hawkens recognize a failed experiment when they see one.

Best case scenario:
J-Fly's presense in the locker room and on the field is not missed. Simas, McKnight, Espinoza, Usery and the TE's provide an over-the-top threat to balance out the running juggernaut that Denver Johnson and Darien Hagan are building with a solid core of OL and RBs.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. The thought of CU losing Josh spoiled my evening. But the more I think about it, the more I recognize that Cody Hawkins and J-Fly's chemistry did not get any better over two years.

If J-Fly was not part of the 2008 campaign, the Buffs would have missed out on 1900+ all purpose yards, putting that weak offense even more into a hole, and CU probably would have lost the WVU game.

Losing Josh now sucks, but its better for the team than losing him earlier. Someone else just has to step up.

Just read through the entire thread (crappy way to start a Monday morning!). Rep for the most level headed perspective.:thumbsup:

Well, at least DS isn't transferring...good thing we got his mom that job at Sacky's bank.:smile2:

JS was a great potential WR, but he still had a lot of work to do to be a great WR. I think he could have been one for CU...but it may not have been until he was a Sr. Still, it would be nice to still have him around as the WR corps is thinner now.

Leaving to go rap? I don't even know what to say. Good luck JS.

I think it's pretty clear, logically, that there were reasons other than the one given, which is fairly silly, for him leaving. It appears that he simply didn't want to publicize those reasons, which I think was probably the right thing for both him and the program.

Last year for Josh is was a clothing line, this year it's rapping, next year it'll be something else. This guy is not a hard worker, is not passionate about football, and does not play with intelligence. He gave himself a nickname. For every great play he made, he made 1-2 very dumb plays. And I'll take the intensity of the walk-ons as far as run blocking any day over J-Fly.

I'm not saying good riddance - it's a loss to be sure, but we'll be fine (now if DS leaves, that is an entirely different story..). I think Lockridge might have to play some WR, though, unless Simmons qualifies and both freshman develop into immediate contributors.

Go Buffs!

Last year for Josh is was a clothing line, this year it's rapping, next year it'll be something else. This guy is not a hard worker, is not passionate about football, and does not play with intelligence. He gave himself a nickname. For every great play he made, he made 1-2 very dumb plays. And I'll take the intensity of the walk-ons as far as run blocking any day over J-Fly.

I'm not saying good riddance - it's a loss to be sure, but we'll be fine (now if DS leaves, that is an entirely different story..). I think Lockridge might have to play some WR, though, unless Simmons qualifies and both freshman develop into immediate contributors.

Go Buffs!

Jesus ****. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean you need to do this. Wish him luck; don't try to **** him in the ass on his way out.

Giant kick in the nuts right here on a Monday morning....what I get for disconnecting myself from the world for the weekend...:cry:

Back