What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

Leaving CU to pursue a rap career is a head-scratcher. J-Fly's bone-headed plays also left me oftentimes scratching my head. I suppose, then, that Josh's decision makes perfect sense. :lol: I have no clue what it takes to be a rapper, so I am not in a place to criticize his decision.

Maybe this is going to be like one of his decisions to leave the end zone with a kickoff. He may have second thoughts. The question is, will it be before he gets out, or at the 1 yard line when it's too late??? :lol:

My local radio station was having quite a bit of fun with Josh Smith this morning. They said that they were surprised that ASU and USC had "hip hop" majors. Pat Jones (yes, the coach Pat Jones) called Josh Smith a "knucklehead" which seems to fit pretty good.

I'm not happy JS is leaving but I'm not in a panic either. I'm not a huge fan of Barnett but he got it right in 2001 after Ochs got injured and he said the team's success is not determined by one player. We will be fine.

And as far as filling the gap that JS has left us with, his biggest contribution was KO's and PR's which is a position that can be filled very easily. Whoever gets the job may not be as explosive as JS but the nature of KOs and PRs are such that you don't need to know the whole playbook to do them which means we will be able to train someone else (possibly even a true FR) to step into that role in short order. In addition to incoming FR, I recall Speedy and DS have experience with PRs and I think that Lockridge could also handle it. So, I'm not happy JS is leaving, but we'll be fine.

The bottom line is this change just provides an opportunity for other members of the team to step up. In 2001 it was Chris Brown, I'm looking forward to seeing who it will be this year.

fwiw, his facebook status is "dont listen to what papers say!!"

that could be taken for a multitude of different meanings though..

fwiw, his facebook status is "dont listen to what papers say!!"

that could be taken for a multitude of different meanings though..

Hmmmm. It is interesting that the Daily Camera is the only source reporting this so far. I was expecting a press release from the AD by this time on a Monday afternoon.

Hmmmm. It is interesting that the Daily Camera is the only source reporting this so far. I was expecting a press release from the AD by this time on a Monday afternoon.

It was in yesterday's Denver Post - as a little blurb & probably they just got their info from the DC, but still.

Sure it is a loss, but we all acknowledge the fact that he was a mediocre WR (400 yds) with the talent & potential to be good if not great; however, he lacked the desire to do so. Every program faces losses, but most programs have the depth to overcome those losses; we, unfortunately, do not.

The return game, OTH, is a different stroy. 1500 return yds is great, but his average was average. Keep in mind folks, there are 11 guys on the return team, he wasn't standing back there returning kicks by himself with nobody to spring blocks. RS & DS will probably have similar return averages.

This is a big loss given our depth as a team, but the impact won't be as significant as anticiapted!

It was in yesterday's Denver Post - as a little blurb & probably they just got their info from the DC, but still.

It's on espn.com too.

According to Ringo's blog, Smith's departure, as well as the departure of TE Ryan Wallace, were confirmed by Dave Plati.

I agree that a number of news services have picked up and passed the story along. EDSBS.com is sure Dan Hawkins will come up with a positive spin on this, too.

But none of those sources are directly quoting Josh, Dan, or Plati. I'd have thought there'd be a few quotes from the impacted parties by now. Josh's Facebook status is as good as it gets at the moment in this department.

Last edited by a moderator:
there were rumors that jfly was not 100% sure, but who the hell knows at this point. it'll play itself out soon enough.
Yeah, he has the summer to mull it over. He may end up having buyer's remorse. But if the stories about him kind of dogging it in the weight room are true, well, who knows?

I think he perpetrated a hoax just to gauge support here at Allbuffs.

It's his way of negotiating with the school of music and the business school to offer him an opportunity to study something he actually wants to learn. What other levers does he have? Who knows, maybe he'll become an agent.

Yeah, Josh PMed an hour ago. It simply said.

What? You guys didn't know that Jasper was Josh? I thought everybody knew.

Well, here I am reading along this thread with nothing to contribute and WHAM!

I'm always the last to know!

surprise%281%29-767872.jpg

How come no one is talking about the Street Cred he'll have with a degree in rap music?:lol:

I say allbuffs should take over the program

Athletic director - Valdezj

Head coach- Boulder Buff

Offensive CO/QB Coach- DBT

OL - 96BUFF

RB- Col. Slade

wr- highflyer

TE- 4bcs

DC- 87 to infinity

DL COACH- ME

LB- Snowbuff

DB- FIB

Tutor/academics advisor- skiboot

Everyone else will be out recruiting and doing great marketing

Any of these names can be replaced with anyone on the board, just a rough draft:thumbsup:

WR-

I'll make sure no one on my defense likes rap music. They'll also be the most in-shape defense the world has ever seen and will destroy offenses' momentum and morale. They will be legendary.

I wonder what the tests are like in rap music class?
1. What is the correct way to smack a bitch up? A. Forehand B. Pistol whip her C. Backhand D. All of them as long as has a black eye.:lol:

So you are saying you have found a class Lawrence Phillips would ace?:smile2:

Assuming that this is for real, I would just like to see one thing, and one thing only.

For CU fans to stop acting like a bunch a whiney, slighted, scorned bitches.

So you are saying you have found a class Lawrence Phillips would ace?:smile2:
:lol: That guy is an animal. Did you know that they are going to convict him of beating up his girlfriend in SD a few years ago and that will add to his prison sentence that he is already serving.

Assuming that this is for real, I would just like to see one thing, and one thing only.

For CU fans to stop acting like a bunch a whiney, slighted, scorned bitches.
Man, now come on. You have to post this in rap style

I don't know if the rumors are true
But there is one thing that I want ya to do
They's only one thing that I'm aksing of you
If you's a Buff fan, stop actin' like whiney little pisses
Like slighted and scorned and a bunch of little bitches

Man, now come on. You have to post this in rap style

I don't know if the rumors are true
But there is one thing that I want ya to do
They's only one thing that I'm aksing of you
If you's a Buff fan, stop actin' like whiney little pisses
Like slighted and scorned and a bunch of little bitches