What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jack Del Rio is currently the favorite for the USC job

Am I alone in thinking Jack Del Rio would be a crappy college head coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No, you aren't.

Del Rio is an excellent pro coordinator, he was an up and down head coach with to good years and a bunch of mediocre to worse years before getting fired when he couldn't stop his team from having late season collapses for two years before going 3-8 in his last year before being fired.

He also struggled with and didn't seem fully at ease with the public relations end of the job. An NFL coach who is winning can get away with this but a huge part of being a college coach is selling your school and program to boosters/donors as well as working the media. I also wonder how his demeanor would go across with recruits and young college kids.

Doubt it will be JDR, but it will be a hire that makes a big splash. A current head coach from a big-time program. anything less douchey just wouldn't be the $C way.

Doubt it will be JDR, but it will be a hire that makes a big splash. A current head coach from a big-time program. anything less douchey just wouldn't be the $C way.

They definitely maxed out on the douche quotient when they hired Kiffin. The beauty of it is that now USC could hire someone like Petrino and folks would have to say that they classed up the joint.

Am I alone in thinking Jack Del Rio would be a crappy college head coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

IMO, his persona does not seem to fit that of a Collage Football head coach. I think he goes to whatever NFL team offers him the most $$$ for a HC position. Which is not to say that Denver won't make an offer he can't refuse. And his son still ends up at bama.

In the "what have you done for me lately" world that is sports in general, run the table, win the SEC and all will be forgiven for Richt. Slip up a long the way and the pitch forks will be out again.

fify.....CFB? Not alone....had relatives who played D-iii soccer and baseball. Those teams' coachs were under the same pressure as the so-called Big Boys in CFB. No AD with any pride or ambition is willing to see any of his programs lose or fall off after winning big.

As for Del Rio? You really think he wants to drop down from making millions working with the best in the business, to spending nights in living rooms in Compton and Ingelwood, CA, begging some 17 yr. old and his momma to commit to U$C????

Last edited:
Don't see JDR going to USC....I actually think he will be in Denver for a while

I predict USC hires Kevin Sumlin when Sark, Petersen and Franklin turn them down

He had been losing to Peyton for years, the smart move would be to ride his coat tails as long as possible. As a Colts fan I am all too familiar with Del Rio and his antics. His best place is as a DC, but if we want USC to continue to decline we should cheer him on as the next coach.

Does anyone think that the Luke Del Rio situation might scare $C off?

I don't know how much they paid attention to the cluster**** that developed here, but I'd be leery of anyone whose kid is a college or high-school aged QB.

Don't see JDR going to USC....I actually think he will be in Denver for a while

I predict USC hires Kevin Sumlin when Sark, Petersen and Franklin turn them down

There is nothing I would like better than Chris Petersen at $C, but he probably learned from Koetter's and DII's experience to stay put.

Sumlin would suck for the rest of us, because I think he would do well there.

Why does everyone think Sumlin will go? Just because it's U$C and it's easier to win than than the SEC West? While it is easy to win at U$C, coaches have big egos. I'd imagine he wants to surpass Miles and Saban as the best coach in the SEC. Aggy will throw as much money as they can at him to fend off U$C given that last year they raised 200MM or some such with a strong football showing. Given that they've seen the lucrative cash cow CFB truly is they are going to try to be a power now. You already see it with facilities, coaching, recruiting (they oversign just as bad as any SEC team) and the expansion of their stadium.

Why does everyone think Sumlin will go? Just because it's U$C and it's easier to win than than the SEC West? While it is easy to win at U$C, coaches have big egos. I'd imagine he wants to surpass Miles and Saban as the best coach in the SEC. Aggy will throw as much money as they can at him to fend off U$C given that last year they raised 200MM or some such with a strong football showing. Given that they've seen the lucrative cash cow CFB truly is they are going to try to be a power now. You already see it with facilities, coaching, recruiting (they oversign just as bad as any SEC team) and the expansion of their stadium.

Sumlin is not leaving A&M for SC. For starters, SC is not a significantly better job (and maybe not even as good a job) than A&M.

Now he might be tempted to come back to H-Town if Kubiak is canned this year if the Texans implode under high expectations.

Why all the Sumlin love? Johnny Football could make Lunchpail/Juicebox look like Vince Lombardi!

My bet's on Sark. Wet, grungy and full of gay coffee is no way to go through life, son.

Back