What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jagodzinski actually got fired... WOW!

I initially agreed with most of you, but after reading the AD's comments, I can understand his rationale..The guy had signed a five year contract and was interviewing with three years left on it. Is it unreasonable to terminate the guy for interviewing two years into his commitment to BC?

Every time a coach doesn't honor his contract, the school's fans bitch about it. This guy was just asking for loyalty as had been committed to the school.

That's what a contract is for. If you don't want people leaving before the contract is up, then put a stiff penalty in there. But firing someone for merely interviewing elsewhere? I've never heard of such a thing.

Every contract has a termination clause for both the employee and the employer. This is why they are there.

It's pretty standard for Agents to add clauses for opt outs for NFL and high caliber college jobs (Urban Meyer had one naming Notre Dame). His contract probably had one but with BC being a private school we may never know unless the contract gets leaked.

What I heard is that the AD, when he hired the guy, asked him for a gentleman's agreement that he would give them 5 years without looking for or considering another job. The coach agreed to that and now has reneged. So, he was fard.

You get that in writing?

It's pretty standard for Agents to add clauses for opt outs for NFL and high caliber college jobs (Urban Meyer had one naming Notre Dame). His contract probably had one but with BC being a private school we may never know unless the contract gets leaked.

Yeah, I know. That is the point. If the AD wanted something, he needed to put it in the contract. If it's not in the contract, it doesn't exist.

EDIT: After reading your last post it sounds like we're on the same page here.

I can kind of take the side of the AD on this one. After hearing his comment about wanting a coach "who want's to be here". However....I think with this latest fiasco, this could set BC back some with recruiting.

What I heard is that the AD, when he hired the guy, asked him for a gentleman's agreement that he would give them 5 years without looking for or considering another job. The coach agreed to that and now has reneged. So, he was fard.

I´d have asked the AD for a gentleman´s agreement that no matter what happens the job is mine for 5 years if this is true.

I´d have asked the AD for a gentleman´s agreement that no matter what happens the job is mine for 5 years if this is true.

Exactly. This goes back to my point in another thread about companies expecting loyalty from their employees when they are not willing to commit the same.

You want me to promise I'll stay for 5 years? OK, but I want a return guarantee that you will not fire me in that 5 year period.

Pretty dumb, BC was expected to be garbage this year and they were far from it. The AD will be regretting this decision pretty soon. Does anyone know where Jagodzinski is going to go now? The sad part is, he obviously wasn't going to get the job. Unless he has a D-Coordinator background? I suppose they might bring him on as that, the BC defense this year carried them to the championship game.

Back