What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jake Heaps and Dayne Crist transferring to KU

Huge day for KU. Both were at or near the top of their class as recruits, and Heaps gets a year and a half to learn the offense.

You have to admit, that is a pretty quick return on a coaching hire.

Huge day for KU. Both were at or near the top of their class as recruits, and Heaps gets a year and a half to learn the offense.

You have to admit, that is a pretty quick return on a coaching hire.
yep... how they will pan out is another story... but its big press for ku

Could turn out to be a disaster for KU.

Crist and Heaps are both big names but neither has shown to be anything worth getting excited about on the field yet. Both could be labelled bust.

In the mean time one of the few bright spots on a bad KU team has been Webb who is a two year starter with two years of eligibility left. Speculation is that he is seriously considering getting out. KU could be left with Crist next year who only has one year left then will be gone then Heaps who has to sit out a year then has two years left. Based on their play so far there is no guarantee that Crist or Heaps will be any better than Webb and could easily be worse.

Coming soon to a D-II school near you.

At least that's my guess....
I was wondering the same thing? Last I heard of brock, was he was back in Denver dealing with issues? Is he at ku with his girlfriend? If so, he will never crack the line-up

Could turn out to be a disaster for KU.

Crist and Heaps are both big names but neither has shown to be anything worth getting excited about on the field yet. Both could be labelled bust.

In the mean time one of the few bright spots on a bad KU team has been Webb who is a two year starter with two years of eligibility left. Speculation is that he is seriously considering getting out. KU could be left with Crist next year who only has one year left then will be gone then Heaps who has to sit out a year then has two years left. Based on their play so far there is no guarantee that Crist or Heaps will be any better than Webb and could easily be worse.

Second paragraph (Webb). Pretty funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Second paragraph (Webb). Pretty funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't far off, Crist and Heaps turned out not to be any better than Webb. The error was that Webb didn't turn out to be a bright spot either.

As bad as CU football has been, and other than Hawkins epic collapse against them, KU has sucked worse for a longer period of time.

Somehow the fact that Kansas has sucked as bad as we have and is worse historically, just doesn't make me feel much better regarding the last decade of Buff football. I got through the whole "are we really reduced to this" stage a couple of years ago and have now moved on to hoping for mediocrity. I really think that it wasn't so much that CU's commitment to football changed, it is that the commitment did not grow in proportion to other schools. You see it in business all the time. I think CU is the Kodak of College football.

Somehow the fact that Kansas has sucked as bad as we have and is worse historically, just doesn't make me feel much better regarding the last decade of Buff football. I got through the whole "are we really reduced to this" stage a couple of years ago and have now moved on to hoping for mediocrity. I really think that it wasn't so much that CU's commitment to football changed, it is that the commitment did not grow in proportion to other schools. You see it in business all the time. I think CU is the Kodak of College football.

I agree with you. There is no excuse for CU to be in the same catagory as Kansas in football, especially for this long. The level of administrative incompetence is appalling but hopefully we are on the way back finally.

The post was more aimed at the idea that despite players who may transfer in (or out) Kansas is/was so foundationally bad that it probably didn't matter. They weren't going to be better with Crist or Heaps than they were with Webb. At the same time Embrees last team wasn't going to be any good no matter who the QB was either so Webb was in a familiar situtation.

Niether did Kodaks to non-digital film and photography. That's about as far as I'll dumb that down for you 'Tini. (Kidding)

Niether did Kodaks to non-digital film and photography. That's about as far as I'll dumb that down for you 'Tini. (Kidding)

It's a bit of both what you described IMO. It seems like a parabola to me...

-On the top left you've got the pre-scandal years
-Which followed a downward slope as cu tried to repair their image which lead to getting good academic kids and ones that wouldn't get in trouble and the deep hole we were in
-Now the admin is treking back up the hill with goals of championships, something Bohn did not emphasize but instead "competitiveness"

It's a bit of both what you described IMO. It seems like a parabola to me...

-On the top left you've got the pre-scandal years
-Which followed a downward slope as cu tried to repair their image which lead to getting good academic kids and ones that wouldn't get in trouble and the deep hole we were in
-Now the admin is treking back up the hill with goals of championships, something Bohn did not emphasize but instead "competitiveness"

Parabola. Looks like 'Tini smarted it up for you Wyoming.

Except a parabola is the incorrect interpolation of the data.
What would you propose the shape be from the early-2000s to now and in the future (in terms of commitment from the University)? Something like this?

figure8_v002-01_1_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back