What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

James Franklin / Vanderbilt

Someone comparable to Mac2. I would prefer not losing him, but I'm not writing out a blank check to keep him. If let's say Vandy offered him $3.5 million, do you up the ante to $4 million? Franklin was making $3 million I read.

Like who? You think we can get an established head coach, so surely you have names.

Like who? You think we can get an established head coach, so surely you have names.

I don't agree with cubuffs85 with the way he started out in this thread. But I'll give him an out based on his last post and your response.

Tim DeRuyter is the type of guy that CU could get.

P.S. And it would be a disaster for the program right now to have another coaching change. We need to rebuild and heal. Mac2 needs to work out for at least 4 years.

I don't agree with cubuffs85 with the way he started out in this thread. But I'll give him an out based on his last post and your response.

Tim DeRuyter is the type of guy that CU could get.

DeRuyter and then the list drops off dramatically. That's the whole point. We are still a couple years away from this being a desirable job.

Someone like Tim DeRuyter or Gary Kubiak, those types. Now you want to answer my question if you would pay Mac2 $4 million/yr?

No. I wouldn't pay more than 4-5 coaches in the entire country that salary.

And :lol: at Kubiak.

NFL assistants as well. I'm not expecting to get the next Chad Morris (or other Gus Malzahn types) or get Chip Kelly to come to Boulder.

No. I wouldn't pay more than 4-5 coaches in the entire country that salary.

And :lol: at Kubiak.
Well that's what it might cost to retain Mac2 if Vandy wanted him. So you obviously don't value stability too much.

You asked, I answered re:Kubiak. Pete Carroll was also laughed at when USC hired him.

Sigh. The point would be even if we wanted to match that salary, we can't because... we are cash poor in part due to coaching instability.

We don't see eye to eye on this at all. Oh well.

Sigh. The point would be even if we wanted to match that salary, we can't because... we are cash poor in part due to coaching instability.

We don't see eye to eye on this at all. Oh well.
Sure enough if it was Tad Boyle, you bet Rick George would be calling every donor to try to keep him. With Mac2, how much of an effort would he put up?

Sure enough if it was Tad Boyle, you bet Rick George would be calling every donor to try to keep him. With Mac2, how much of an effort would he put up?

After 1 season? Probably not too much. Partly because he hasn't turned things around yet and partly because job hunting with a threat to bolt that quickly would put a bad taste in Rick George's mouth.

None of which means that it would be desirable for Mac2 to leave. It's much more preferable to keep him. That doesn't mean that CU should give him Les Miles type money, though.

You win. Coaching stability is entirely overrated and since someone else will inevitably take the job, no worries on my end. Thanks for making me feel better.

After 1 season? Probably not too much. Partly because he hasn't turned things around yet and partly because job hunting with a threat to bolt that quickly would put a bad taste in Rick George's mouth.

None of which means that it would be desirable for Mac2 to leave. It's much more preferable to keep him. That doesn't mean that CU should give him Les Miles type money, though.
So the CU situation of coaching instability gives Mac2 a lot of leverage with CU since they wouldn't want another coaching search?

So the CU situation of coaching instability gives Mac2 a lot of leverage with CU since they wouldn't want another coaching search?

Some. Sure. Coaches always have this leverage, but it's enhanced a bit in this case. We need to stabilize things. He knows that. He also knows that he was hired at a very big salary increase to make that happen. I don't see what you're getting at. You're building assumptions upon assumptions to create a hypothetical that's not based in reality. Unless I missed it, MacIntyre hasn't been offered $3.5 million to coach elsewhere.

Some. Sure. Coaches always have this leverage, but it's enhanced a bit in this case. We need to stabilize things. He knows that. He also knows that he was hired at a very big salary increase to make that happen. I don't see what you're getting at. You're building assumptions upon assumptions to create a hypothetical that's not based in reality. Unless I missed it, MacIntyre hasn't been offered $3.5 million to coach elsewhere.
The hypothetical was based on Franklin's $3 million salary. I assume Mac2 wouldn't just leave for a little more after all. If it was $2.5 million Vandy offered, would CU be justified paying him $3 million a year?

MacIntyre has been at CU for exactly a year. He isn't going anywhere. Inane mental exercise is embarrassing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Let's never do another hypothetical exercise on Allbuffs again, I mean no one likes to talk about what can or can't happen or crazy situation.

Do you just enjoy posting absurd analogies of what?
No, not at all actually. Kiffin had a 6-6 year at UT, did bad in Oakland before. Who would've thought he would leave UT after ONE year?

I've seen Mac2's name mentioned as a possibility for the Vandy job. So it's not as absurd as people think

"I love right here where I am," MacIntyre said. "I do. I love the passion of this place. What we're doing administration-wise and trying to get everything going. There is a lot of people really working their rear ends off to try to make it successful.

"I'm excited about the players we have. I'm excited about the guys we're bringing in. The future, to me, is very bright here. You can always look at different things, but I think this is an opportunity to go and do something very successful in this conference and nationally. I'm excited about the future of Colorado football."

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_24888988/colorado-football-macintyre-doesnt-covet-vanderbilt-job

CU Admin probably sees it as a lucrative business deal to sell Mac to Vandy. DiStefano is licking his chops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone posting what any coach says on other job openings is hilarious. They will never say they are interested / looking at other job, it's just the way the biz works. That being said, I don't expect him to go anywhere else soon.

MM had a better resume this time a year ago. Too bad for him the Vandy job wasn't open then. Honestly, I'd prefer he stay, but if he leaves, how much worse can things really get?

Come on guys, starting over again with a new coach is not a good thing. Lets just all agree on that.

I can't keep making arguments that our recruiting sucks forever.

Back