1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jay Bilas: Observations from Maui

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

• Colorado is making a real commitment to basketball. While the CU men's basketball program has had some really good players over its history (Jay Humphries, Scott Wedman and Chauncey Billups come to mind), there has not been a major commitment to winning. Now Colorado seems to really be committed to being successful on the hardwood. The Buffaloes are breaking ground on a new practice facility and coach Jeff Bzdelik will have the resources to really build the program. Good for CU. And the Buffs have a really good player in Cory Higgins. He knows how to get to the free throw line and is a very smart player. This team will be a much tougher out this season in the Big 12.

ESPN LINK

:thumbsup:

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

breaking ground on the practice facility? that is news to me. I thought we are still trying to get funding. Boy if we only didn't have to buy-out a football coach for the tune of 3 million.

3. Buffnik

Supposedly one doesn't affect the other. Waiting for the official announcement, but I believe we're breaking ground on the practice facility this spring. Improvements to the Coors Event Center are supposed to be done before Big 12 play begins.

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Yeah, because CU's basketball operations have been generating so much revenue for the athletic department for the past fifty (50) years.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Man, if they could have won just one of those two against Gonzaga and Arizona. That would have given them a big boost. They still need to figure out how to win those games if they want to take it to the next level.

6. goldenchild

goldenchild New Member

What was wrong with Relphorde? Why did he only play 17 minutes?

7. Buffnik

He couldn't find his shot or get into the flow of the game. He was 1-7 from the field and, I think, only pulled down 1 rebound. Just not his night. He's still learning our system and we're throwing a ton at him by having him learn several positions at once. Talented guy, though, and he's unselfish. He'll be fine.

8. tante

try 0-7 from the field and one point from a free throw. Really bad night for him.

9. dabuffffs

dabuffffs New Member

Not to slam McClain, he's a solid coach, but if Bzdelik was around I think we win one of those games. This is Bzdelik's team. I'm sure it was hard for him watching the games 5000 miles away. Hopefully his family is doing fine.

They would have been huge wins, especially against Gonzaga who appears to be a top 15 team at this point in time. But to show that much strength and will to play against two excellent basketball programs shows that we are going to be a good team this season. Too bad no more big time teams until Big 12 play, but I have good feeling we finish somewhere between 6-8 in the Big 12.

10. tante

I think we have some good games coming up. Tulsa is always tough and I am going to enjoy beating the **** out of CSU.

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If they finish in 6th in the Big 12, I'll be thrilled. Figure that means 8 conference wins. That should be good enough to get into the tournament. That would be nothing short of miraculous, and would be a God send for this athletic department.

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Not so fast, my friend. Sounds like CSU put quite an asskicking on Mayberry State last night while we were taking Arizona to OT. We might be in trouble there.... :lol:

13. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I'm hearing knee injury - will get MRI upon return....

14. Buffnik

Tulsa's very good this year. Oregon State is much better than they've been playing. We need to get through the non-conference with no more than 1 more loss.

15. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

lotta talk on the OSU and OU boards about Tulsa possibly unseated Memphis in C-USA. though, Memphis has looked better than i thought they would.

16. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

mmm - go buffs!