What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

JD Brookhart new TE coach per football scoop

All I know is Longmont High has the record for most consecutive football victories! :smile2:

Was that, like, 1933 - 1935?

And in 8 man?

Oh also...**** CREEK....and Ponderosa. Go Chap!

no dummies. it started in 1989, my soph year and went until after i graduated. during that span was three state championships. one over TJ, who won the biggest classification SC the year prior (i think). we finished our senior year ranked either #9 or #11 in the USA Today rankings. we beat every denver and upper classification team that would play us.

i remember my junior or senior year (cant remember. we beat so many denver teams...) playing wheat ridge in the playoffs. at home. they came on the field talking all sorts of ****. "we are going to teach these ****ing country bumkins how city ball is played"

38-7 we come out the winners. Beat TJ, the state cham... er, maybe they lost to Creek in '89? anyway, beat them by two TD's our junior year for the state championship.

now, i say "we". i have said it before. i was on the team. never played other than JV and mop up duty. i was a bench warmer. i was a 5'9" DB with 4.7 speed at 175 lbs. Pueblo South, the team we played for the state championship in '91, i would have been an OL man on that team. Our OL and DL averaged over 250 or 260 lbs. remember, this is 1989-1991 and HS. Clint Moore went on from those LHS teams to start for CU as a true freshman.

now, i got my ass kicked every practice. really didnt get to play. i just got to be a small part of something very cool that very few people get to be a part of....

we, as a class, when we met up in 7th grade, never lost one varsity football game all the way through the time we graduated. undefeated in 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades.

however, not one of you denver schools, including creek, would have beaten any of those LHS teams from '89-91. sorry. just would not have happened. just the way it is.

Last edited:
no dummies. it started in 1989, my soph year and went until after i graduated. during that span was three state championships. one over TJ, who won the biggest classification SC the year prior (i think). we finished our senior year ranked either #9 or #11 in the USA Today rankings. we beat every denver and upper classification team that would play us.

i remember my junior or senior year (cant remember. we beat so many denver teams...) playing wheat ridge in the playoffs. at home. they came on the field talking all sorts of ****. "we are going to teach these ****ing country bumkins how city ball is played"

38-7 we come out the winners. Beat TJ, the state cham... er, maybe they lost to Creek in '89? anyway, beat them by two TD's our junior year for the state championship.

now, i say "we". i have said it before. i was on the team. never played other than JV and mop up duty. i was a bench warmer. i was a 5'9" DB with 4.7 speed at 175 lbs. Pueblo South, the team we played for the state championship in '91, i would have been an OL man on that team. Our OL and DL averaged over 250 or 260 lbs. remember, this is 1989-1991 and HS. Clint Moore went on from those LHS teams to start for CU as a true freshman.

now, i got my ass kicked every practice. really didnt get to play. i just got to be a small part of something very cool that very few people get to be a part of....

we, as a class, when we met up in 7th grade, never lost one varsity football game all the way through the time we graduated. undefeated in 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades.

however, not one of you denver schools, including creek, would have beaten any of those LHS teams from '89-91. sorry. just would not have happened. just the way it is.
What about Mullen? But either way, that's pretty cool. Wish I could have played football at Chap but I wasn't even 5' when I was a freshman and didn't want to be on B team. I finally grew my senior to 5'9" 165 but sadly it was too late.

Seriously, ****ers, if you're gonna threadjack take it in a freaky direction. High school football?

God damn threadjacks. You guys are ruining all the good topics!

And in 8 man?

Oh also...**** CREEK....and Ponderosa. Go Chap!

Wasn't in 8 man. Simla was undefeated in 80-81-82 (year Barry Helton graduated with 16 state records--as a QB kicker and punter) we lost 3 games in 84 including the state final, then undefeated in 84 with another State Championship. We were a small school (18 Seniors) but kicked butt in 8-man.

Don't forget Greg Biekert was on some of those first teams that got the ball rolling. Did the QB with you go to BYU?

mullen/du for you?

DU. lol. i've taught at DU and the best students at DU didn't get into CC but had CC as their first choice.

seriously.

i also don't understand why anyone would pay 3 times as much to go to DU over CU.

DU is OK, nothing special. everyone plays tennis there....a lot of silicon boobies, too.

Last edited:
DU. lol. i've taught at DU and the best students at DU didn't get into CC but had CC as their first choice.

seriously.

i also don't understand why anyone would pay 3 times as much to go to DU over CU...a lot of silicon boobies, too.

I do

Don't forget Greg Biekert was on some of those first teams that got the ball rolling. Did the QB with you go to BYU?

GB was well before my time. he probably graduated in '87 or so. he was drafted in '93. Yes, Paul Shoemaker and I were in the same class and he did go to BYU.

you understand why you can pay more to go to DU and live in a **** part of Denver....over Boulder?

(though, the light rail makes DU more attractive than it used to be, i admit).

or you are posting about silicon boobies. because that's huge (she said) at DU.

you understand why you can pay more to go to DU and live in a **** part of Denver....over Boulder?

(though, the light rail makes DU more attractive than it used to be, i admit).

or you are posting about silicon boobies. because that's huge (she said) at DU.
The light rail is the most boring thing I've ever encountered. Riding that 4 days a week, 2 times a day blows.

GB was well before my time. he probably graduated in '87 or so. he was drafted in '93. Yes, Paul Shoemaker and I were in the same class and he did go to BYU.

Greg was 87

Longment could have merged all three high schools and still been smaller than creek and, they would have won it all in all sports

Greg was 87

Longment could have merged all three high schools and still been smaller than creek and, they would have won it all in all sports

if they had merged the LHS and skyline football teams in '91, my senior year, that would have been a sick, sick team. they had a very good team that year. we were #1 and #2 for most of the season. we won 21-14 (i think) and had over 9,000 people at that game. both stands were completely full and people were 5 and 6 deep around the end zones and sidelines. i think broomfield knocked SHS out of the playoffs that year.

Back