What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jesus please stop

I hung with Hawkins longer than most and even felt good after the CSU game, then came the Cal debacle. This week is THE bellwether game for Hawkins and unfortunately, using history as an indicator, I have no confidence in our ability to win on the road period. I have always supported the players and get pissed when I see personal attacks. However, Hawkins is making a tremendous amount of money and has delivered almost nothing the past four years. I'll never root against the Buffs, but until the product is delivered on the field on a consistent basis, Hawkins has lost me.

Rep given to you fsuBuff.

I'm sick of the fake CU fans cheering for CU to lose so that Hawkins can get fired. The real Buff fans who bleed black and gold will root for their team even if Slick Rick came back to Boulder.

Rep given to you fsuBuff.

I'm sick of the fake CU fans cheering for CU to lose so that Hawkins can get fired. The real Buff fans who bleed black and gold will root for their team even if Slick Rick came back to Boulder.

Don't push it.

It's because most of us can't trust a coach who babbles & make no sense most of the time, calls for two point conversions when not needed, goes for 52 yd FG's when everyone in the stadium knows it won't be made, never takes the blame for a loss, hasn't won a road game in 3 years, keeps certain assistant coaches on his staff when they should have been fired a long time ago ...... should I go on ????

You are one bitter man, have a beer on me, tuck the hate away until it's time to unleash it and enjoy what we seldom get to...WINS.

I know how frustrating it has been to be a Colorado fan. I have been one for a while. I have been quietly reading this site for a long long time and the average post this year has been so horrifying to read to felt it was time to address it. I know this is my first post and I'm sure I'm going to get e-torn a new one, but its time to stop complaining. I realize Hawk has made it harder to Gold and Black proudly but for the teams sake and the players sake its time to shut up. We are 3-1 with wins over higher quality opponents then Mizzou has seen (not by much but still).

You read the average topic and based on our attitudes it sounds like we are 0-4. I realize the past hasn't been fun, but so far this year I have enjoyed watching the games and there is plenty more games to come.

Obviously there needs to be some talk about the coaching staff and some of the horrifying calls we have seen but almost every topic turns into some sort hate board. I wouldn't be surprised if half of us had Voodoo dolls of Hawk and were stabbing it right now. I lived with Josh Hardigan and J-Fly and know most of the team and some of their biggest complaints were how they felt the fans werent behind them. SO if for nothing else then the desire to see some W's and support the players (and for our own general health) lets cut back on Hawk= Satan rhetoric come up with some new material.

Sorry for the long Post and as always, GO BUFFS,

fsuBuff

Good post, FSU. A few thoughts:

--I think we all understand that student-athletes are the bottom line in this thing. But they would be win or lose. A fan craves wins, gets excited about wins and wants a team of which he/she can be proud. You can't blame a fan for wanting to win, and getting grumpy of the wins aren't there.

--The fans on thise site are still here. They've been here through this shoddy record. There's no reason to alienate them, just because they're disappointed. They're the ones sticking it out. You should be more concerned if the fans get quiet, or start accepting a poor standard of football.

--I think Hawk=Satan will be a relevant discussion, as long as Hawk is Satan. For the record, I'm rooting for him to turn this thing around, and I think he's a good enough guy--but c'mon. Who do you want to take the blames for the losses? You talk about supporting the players, you talk about protecting the coach? Should we just not vent our frustration over for four consecutive losing seasons? You tell us who to blame.

--More than anything with the dismal outlook in spite of a 3-1 record, our fans are trying to protect them(our)selves. Our hearts have been ripped out too many times already. Think about it. Hawk took following a 16-year period during which fans had grown somewhat accustomed to top 10 and even top 5 rankings. I remember my disappointment over a number 14 ranking in the late 90s.

Then, a series a bad losses to end the 2005 season. Iowa State, Nebraska, Texas...OUCH! But it's okay, we'll put it behind us...we've got a new staff.

Cue the 2-8 season. Ouch! But transitions take time. We'll get them next year.

2007 gave us a bowl game and a great recruiting class. Had we turned the corner? I sure thought so.

But the big expectations never panned out in 2008. But there were injuries. 2009 is our year! But it wasn't (CSU, Toledo, KSU..ouch). And always Mizzou, and always the road games.

We've already seen just how bad we can be this year. So to invest too much hope in this 3-1 record seems a little imprudent, don't you think?

--I support our players and I want this team to win every week. But you've got to let fans vent...otherwise they won't be fans anymore.

You are one bitter man, have a beer on me, tuck the hate away until it's time to unleash it and enjoy what we seldom get to...WINS.

Just squeeze your rage into a little ball and release it at an appropriate time. Like that day I hit the referree with the whiskey bottle. Remember that?

Why is the OP asking Tebow to stop? And what is he asking Him to stop?

As others have observed, CU fans have, by and large, stayed in there and kept pitching. Fans show for the games, buy the tix, gear and pay the freight. Tickets are 50-60 bucks a pop just for decent seats. If you are going to bill yourself as big time CFB, you will be expected to produce. CU, overall under Hawk hasn't.

I am happy as a clam that CU is 3-1, but that hardly offsets four years of poor results.

I gave up on Hawk after ISU last year, I could not care less what anybody thinks about that. He just isn't the guy to lead the program. IMO as a taxpayer, alumnus, fan, ticket and gear buyer, I get a say, I choose to say it here. If the program doesn't begin to produce, the biggest enemy won't be disgruntled hardcore fans on the internet, it will be the departure of the casual fan. Apathy is just around the corner unless a drastic change, either bringing in a new HC, or Hawk winning consistently. One good win over UGA doesn't do it.

We suck and damn if the recruiting doesn't show that fact .................. what does? Do any of us believe that this set of coaches outside of Cabral have any ability to coach up a undervalued prospect? Pffft **** no is my answer.

Back