What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Calhoun to retire from coaching

Agree that Syracuse isn't immune from falling into the middle of the pack if they aren't careful with Boeheim's replacement. ****, they might even get a good replacement and be middle of the pack in the ACC. It is going to be a bloodbath.

See: St. John's post-Carnesecca

I would rather win the PAC 12 tourney again. Only one team in the country does that.

Only 12 teams get the opportunity. There are more than 300 division 1 programs. Using underestimate of 300, only 1 in 18.75 makes the sweet 16. And it garners more national attention. And if we lose in the PAC tourney, but make Madness (Tadness) it means we had a real good regular season.

Why is Kentucky so good? How about Syracuse? Is it their proximity to recruits?

You can somewhat argue location for Syracuse (close enough to NYC), but I'm not sure I put UConn in the same historical grouping with Syracuse or Kentucky.

And honestly, when Boeheim steps down, depending on the hire, Syracuse could drop too.

I don't think it's any coincidence that these 2 schools consistently finish 1-2 in attendance each year, that attracts recruits. And although the Carrier Dome is antiquated and is no longer the novelty it once was, it's still part of the big attraction for recruiting great players to Syracuse.

I don't think it's any coincidence that these 2 schools consistently finish 1-2 in attendance each year, that attracts recruits. And although the Carrier Dome is antiquated and is no longer the novelty it once was, it's still part of the big attraction for recruiting great players to Syracuse.

Carrier Dome is still an impressive facility for basketball. It drags down Cuse's football program these days, but it rocks for hoops.

Why is Kentucky so good? How about Syracuse? Is it their proximity to recruits?

Carrier Dome is still an impressive facility for basketball. It drags down Cuse's football program these days, but it rocks for hoops.

I think if anything it helps the football program because they avoid the harsh late-autumn weather of upstate NY and it provides a great homefield advantage when the place gets full but that is a rarity these days.

As for the Dome itself, it's becoming a dinosaur because the concourses aren't very big and it has a dark, concrete-bowl feel to it. It's just not a very nice place to go see a game. However it does keep the game and fans out of the bad weather and the facility serves the university well between football, men's and women's b-ball, lacrosse, graduations, and numerous other campus events along with regional high school championships that are held there.

Only 12 teams get the opportunity. There are more than 300 division 1 programs. Using underestimate of 300, only 1 in 18.75 makes the sweet 16. And it garners more national attention. And if we lose in the PAC tourney, but make Madness (Tadness) it means we had a real good regular season.

You can also argue that 16 of 64(68) tourney teams make the sweet 16. I guess it is like arguing which Victoria secret model you would rather bang.

You can also argue that 16 of 64(68) tourney teams make the sweet 16. I guess it is like arguing which Victoria secret model you would rather bang.

Love winning the conference and it's certainly prestigious, but the Sweet 16 undoubtedly garners more positive national attention, especially in our case playing in a conference on the west coast.

sweet 16 all the way. that's what people around the nation remember. and that's what we want as CU hoops gets some national play.

the second weekend is what it's all about.

anyway, Boeheim doesn't have much program stability lately imo. lot of one and dones...and some off the bubble, .500 in conf seasons before the Melo championship (people forget)....the next guy will be starting from almost zero when he gets there. Cuse will drop.

UCONN hires from within as others say since they are trying to get some plan together. same when they lost Edsel in football. they are a two coach school regarding sports success. big hire for them coming off the post-season ban.

next coaches at Cuse and UCONN will inherit some name value...but also bigtime expectations.

Last edited:
I think it's interesting that so many people seem to think so little of the basketball programs in the North Atlantic that they see them as driven by lucking into having a great coach for a period of time. The amount of high school talent in the DC, Philly, NY and Boston metroplexes (including New Jersey) absolutely dwarfs what we see in the western US. Small programs in Philadelphia like LaSalle and Drexel often have as much talent as Big 12 teams not named Kansas. Syracuse is not going anywhere. UConn may fall back due to the problems in its conference, but even with the losses it's still got Georgetown, Temple, St. John's, Marquette, Villanova and Memphis in its conference (plus programs like Providence and Seton Hall that have been to the Final Four since the 80s).

Article in rant sports today mentions Boyle as a possibility at Uconn. Not sure how reliable rant is but we might as well get used to this every year with Boyle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Article in rant sports today mentions Boyle as a possibility at Uconn. Not sure how reliable rant is but we might as well get used to this every year with Boyle.

Yeah. I'm expecting to see Boyle's name mentioned every time there's a big time job opening. Until we reach the point where he's been here a number of years and CU is considered a big time job.

"Probably, his loyalty to large wads of cash can't be underestimated."

There, fify.......

If it was all about the cash, Shaka would have bolted long ago. VCU is paying him nicely for a school of their caliber, but in the grand scheme of things...no.

If it was all about the cash, Shaka would have bolted long ago. VCU is paying him nicely for a school of their caliber, but in the grand scheme of things...no.

:nod:

I think we can all look at it from a personal level. Many of us would choose to make a great living with a smaller, lifestyle business we ran than dealing with all that came with running a Fortune 100 company - despite all the trappings of that big tent job.

Small programs in Philadelphia like LaSalle and Drexel often have as much talent as Big 12 teams not named Kansas. .

you can't be serious. same as Texas, Baylor, ATM, Oklahoma, OSU, KSU over the last decade. top 150 recruits at Drexel? that's crazy. I'd take St. Joe's over any of the teams you listed....

edit: and i left out Mizzou. you got a lot of final fours and elite eights to explain away in the Big XII here. that wasn't talent? so lasalles and drex are underachieving with the same talent?

Last edited:
Back