What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt hired as new Colorado DC

Especially with our LB depth.

I was thinking the same thing until I started thinking about the "5-2" being more of the "3-4 Under", which I feel is probably more likely considering the type of offenses we face and the speed that is needed on the field. Tough to have 5 legitimate DL on the field for a base D in the Pac 12.

Reveal some uniforms today at the luncheon and get buffnation in a frenzy

giphy.gif

I will just drive by and post because I'm sure there is some stupid **** on here.

I LOVE IT!!!

96.gif

Great hire! I love the addition of Joe Tumpkin as DB coach as well. MM has really added a lot of quality experience on the defensive side of the ball.

Something tells me we are going to have more than 20 points (last year's TOTAL) off of turnovers next season.

Wow. As one of the snarky commenters during this search, this came straight out of left field and completely unexpected. Solid, solid, out kicked our coverage hire. Way to go MacIntyre and Rick!

Wow. As one of the snarky commenters during this search, this came straight out of left field and completely unexpected. Solid, solid, out kicked our coverage hire. Way to go MacIntyre and Rick!

As another snarky poster, I agree. Solid hire.

Wow! I'm really impressed with this hire!!! This is a big boy hire and I can't imagine the passion on the sidelines with Mac and JL there...should be electric!

Now a Kool-Aid moment...does anyone see 7 wins this year with this hire? The only thing (besides Mr. INT) keeping us from more wins was our atrocious D. I'm not ready to drink it...maybe just getting it out of the cupboard.

I already posted my excitement in another thread.

But I'm just so ****ing stoked right now, I wanted to come back and say ****ING AWESOME!

Great hire, MM.

Prior to becoming the head coach at South Florida, Leavitt worked under legendary coach Bill Snyder at Kansas State from 1990-95. Leavitt served as the linebackers coach for two seasons before becoming the defensive coordinator. He was instrumental in building a Wildcat defense that improved from 93rd in the nation in 1993 to the number one ranked unit in 1995.

http://www.49ers.com/team/coaches/Jim-Leavitt/5a3d7795-473a-4919-b2bf-174884765f4d

While Leavitt opens some opportunities in Florida, he's also well-known in the SF Bay area to help up there and was born in Harlingen, TX so he adds some Buff cred in the Lone Star State.

I've spent time in Harlingen and no offense, but it's not anywhere near the hotbed of TX football. If that's his TX connection, that's just not going to count. He's got no TX connections that I can see. His recruiting grounds at USF was primarily SF.

I've spent time in Harlingen and no offense, but it's not anywhere near the hotbed of TX football. If that's his TX connection, that's just not going to count. He's got no TX connections that I can see. His recruiting grounds at USF was primarily SF.

We finally have a real coach on staff, and now you choose to get negative about recruiting?

I am so damn excited now, not even funny. I hit my wife up and gave her the update: CU made great hires at DC and DB coach...

She fired back with "are they going to start winning"

damn woman

Wow! I'm really impressed with this hire!!! This is a big boy hire and I can't imagine the passion on the sidelines with Mac and JL there...should be electric!

Now a Kool-Aid moment...does anyone see 7 wins this year with this hire? The only thing (besides Mr. INT) keeping us from more wins was our atrocious D. I'm not ready to drink it...maybe just getting it out of the cupboard.

I don't know, I'm still having trouble finding wins with the home schedule we have next year. It doesn't get much tougher when you only have 4 conference home games consisting of Oregon, Arizona, Stanford, and USC.

Last edited:
Never thought I would be grading the hire an "A" but so glad to be wrong.

Back