1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jim Leavitt moves on to Colorado, leaves USF controversy behind

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Feb 12, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ted Miller

[​IMG]There is little question that Colorado hired a good coach when it named Jim Leavitt its defensive coordinator last week. Leavitt studied under Hall of Famer Bill Snyder at Kansas State and then built South Florida from nothing into a nationally ranked team as head coach.But Leavitt's availability to the Buffaloes, a program struggling to crawl back to respectability, is in large part because of a controversy that stunningly ended his 13-year tenure at South Florida and had some wondering if he'd ever return to the college ranks.

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-12 Blog
    Click here to view the article.

2. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

3. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Definitely worth a read. So glad we have Miller as our blogger. There is this little nugget:

Eggon likes this.
  4. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Pretty fair take.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm constantly reminded of the upgrade in the quality of press coverage we've seen since the move to the Pac 12. The combination of Wilner and Miller is so far and away superior to anything the B12 had it's not even close. If you weren't called "Texas" or "Oklahoma", you got thrown under every bus the B12 beat writers could find. That's definitely not the case with the P12 writers. We have been so used to getting raked over the coals by our own press that we have a hard time with an even handed, well researched and well written column on the Buffs.

6. DiggerBuffs

DiggerBuffs Well-Known Member

Only part I didn't like was second to last paragraph. I am not worried about his USF departure or if he can coach, I am worried about can he coach this defense and make a quick turnaround. We have a talented secondary and depth at DL, how does he fix "his" position of LB that is thin on depth and talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk