What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim MF'n Leavitt

My daughter's boss is JMFLs next door neighbor. No realtor activity noticed. Wives are friendly. And apparently the Leavit's are Jewish. So JMFL is NOT following HCMM to **** Bailer

Interesting note there considering I thought HCMM and JMFL once attended the same South Bay church.

Interesting note there considering I thought HCMM and JMFL once attended the same South Bay church.

Maybe his wife is Jewish?
MacIntyre said he became close to Leavitt while coaching in the Bay Area at San Jose State (2010-12). The Spartans coach would drop by 49ers practices. The two coaches attended the same church. Before the hire, MacIntyre solicited the opinions of some 49ers, including star linebacker Patrick Willis.

"I just know that Jim is a heck of a guy," MacIntyre said. "Everything I've seen, everything I've talked to thinks the world of him. I can tell how much he cares about kids and players."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ge-game-while-player-he-struck-is-struggling/

I would. MMac knows how to hire.

Agreed, as much as I fear losing JL or Chev, it took Mike Mac hiring them to turn this around in the first place. He knows how to spot and recruit coaching talent. Never forget, he's gaining in experience as a coach himself. Rick George needs to break out the paycheck and give him a nice raise.

Oregon would be more worrisome imho. At least Cal has some academic integrity. JL in duck land could be a sight to behold.
Don't mistake Cal's academic reputation and their recruiting standards...Tedford was fired becuase there were no standards for recruits at Cal and they still lost. They were forced to up the standards when Dykes came in and....

Don't mistake Cal's academic reputation and their recruiting standards...Tedford was fired becuase there were no standards for recruits at Cal and they still lost. They were forced to up the standards when Dykes came in and....

My point still stands; with those crazy uniforms, a giant pepsi logo, Phils money, and JLs great coaching and energy those guys could be DANGEROUS/

Maybe he stays with us after all.

Paul Miller (Father of Joel,Miller, the player JL allegedly hit): "He bulllies kids. He bullies everyone. He's a bully."

I have seen zero evidence of that. As a matter of fact, my sense is that players love the guy. Do any of you know otherwise? I'd expect a guy who "bullies everyone" would be despised.

Paul Miller (Father of Joel,Miller, the player JL allegedly hit): "He bulllies kids. He bullies everyone. He's a bully."

I have seen zero evidence of that. As a matter of fact, my sense is that players love the guy. Do any of you know otherwise?
Paul and Joel Miller won't move on with their lives, they blame all Joel's problems on Jim allegedly putting his hands on him (how he's unemployed, etc), he was bitching and moaning instantly when we hired him. I'm convinced those are the only two people in the world with something bad to say about Jim Leavitt, everyone else gives rave reviews.

JL seems eminently positive. He joined us on our facilities tour, and was just a delight.

He clearly made a really bad mistake at USF, but I have no reason to think that he hasn't learned and grown from it.

I have seen zero evidence of that. As a matter of fact, my sense is that players love the guy. Do any of you know otherwise? I'd expect a guy who "bullies everyone" would be despised.

There was evidence that JMFL got physical with this kid and there was plenty of witnesses. He crossed the line and then he lied to the admin about it. But as they say, I'm over it. He's an intense guy and he lost it. I can relate......

Not necessarily, I loved the coaches that would chew my ass out constantly, made me play harder. Everybody is different though.

id like to think i have led a perfect life but alas i have made many mistakes......big & small but here i am!

If for some reason MM left, I believe strongly that the AD could promote JL with little to no protest.

I think the positive reception would greatly outnumber the negative.

Although I'm sure Jizzla would write a column on it, the ass.

(Ban for mentioning Jizzla?)

You guys are missing the important part of that story. JL won a $2.5MM wrongful termination settlement.

Dude doesn't need more money. He won't take a job just because it pays better. If he likes Boulder and CU, he won't go anywhere.

You guys are missing the important part of that story. JL won a $2.5MM wrongful termination settlement.

Dude doesn't need more money. He won't take a job just because it pays better. If he likes Boulder and CU, he won't go anywhere.

That's all well and good, but I highly doubt he's willing to stay as a DC if he has a chance to be a HC. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am.

Paul and Joel Miller won't move on with their lives, they blame all Joel's problems on Jim allegedly putting his hands on him (how he's unemployed, etc), he was bitching and moaning instantly when we hired him. I'm convinced those are the only two people in the world with something bad to say about Jim Leavitt, everyone else gives rave reviews.
Over a decade later Mr. Miller thinks JL should be in solitary confinement away from all people, lots of hatered in his comments.

We've heard from at least GB that JL wants to be a HC again. Rather have him stay, but can certainly understand if he wants to go that route again.

Back