What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Smith and Demetrius Sumler

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Well it has happened, Jimmy Smith has finally blossomed into an impact corner the last half of this season. Love the way he plays and look forward to him tearing it up next season.

And welcome back Demetrius Sumler. The guy has not been flashy the last 4-6 weeks, but he is getting the job done. Running hard and giving the offense a little bit of a spark. Not sure what kind of future he has at running back for us going forward, but he looked pretty good out there today.

Well it has happened, Jimmy Smith has finally blossomed into an impact corner the last half of this season. Love the way he plays and look forward to him tearing it up next season.

And welcome back Demetrius Sumler. The guy has not been flashy the last 4-6 weeks, but he is getting the job done. Running hard and giving the offense a little bit of a spark. Not sure what kind of future he has at running back for us going forward, but he looked pretty good out there today.

The corners have played relatively well all year.. We have something to work with in the secondary. and I was impressed with Manake out there....

Not sure about the front 7 next year though.

Sumler was the season's survivor at tail back. He out lasted, out blocked and ultimately out performed his freshmen competition down the stretch.

The "Met" knows the offense. He will start camp in the spring the same place he started and ended this year; as the starter.

It's amazing what happens when your line actually blocks for you. I know it wasn't all on the OL. But it's so important to everything.

Sumler was the season's survivor at tail back. He out lasted, out blocked and ultimately out performed his freshmen competition down the stretch.

The "Met" knows the offense. He will start camp in the spring the same place he started and ended this year; as the starter.

i was thinking survivor too - and at about the same time :)deadhorse:).

sumler and smith are teh awesome!!!!! i want dscott to grow up like these two did!!!! :woot: hopefully with no injuries and a good year of training appropriately, the issues that nagged this year will be a thing of the past.

i am excited about who we have returning next year. i wish big george could.

It's amazing what happens when your line actually blocks for you. I know it wasn't all on the OL. But it's so important to everything.

trenches are EVERYTHING. people may as well put that in their sigline, because it is the troof. fortunately, with who we SHOULD have, we have the potential for a sick oline as opposed to a banged up one next year.

Yep, sumler runs with a purpose and jimmy smith has all the tools. I hope they can get scott going,he needs to get fully healthy and get him running with attitude.

Yep, sumler runs with a purpose and jimmy smith has all the tools. I hope they can get scott going,he needs to get fully healthy and get him running with attitude.

he has attitude. he did not have a college body, and weight shifted too fast. BAM! he was hurt. he nursed that all year.

he has the tools. there is no reason to expect he should not be much better with health and physical training.

he has attitude. he did not have a college body, and weight shifted too fast. BAM! he was hurt. he nursed that all year.

he has the tools. there is no reason to expect he should not be much better with health and physical training.

Yep, a full spring should help. We will be even better there in 09 with stewart back and polk and lockridge joining the fray.

Sumler has gotten huge!

cc9e806d-0b5a-4faf-9f3d-289e2fc77697.jpg

I think Sumler has a future as a role player in this program. A lot like what Byron Ellis did for 2-3 years, only effective... :huh: I can easily see Sumler having a role as a third down back when they need the ability to pick up the blitz and protect the QB, catch the ball and occassionally take a handoff out of the shotgun. But with Speedy, Scott, Polk and Lockridge, I don't see him getting a lot of work in the regular offense from here on out (barring another season of injury hell like this one :sad1:...)

Back