1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Smith and Demetrius Sumler

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Well it has happened, Jimmy Smith has finally blossomed into an impact corner the last half of this season. Love the way he plays and look forward to him tearing it up next season.

And welcome back Demetrius Sumler. The guy has not been flashy the last 4-6 weeks, but he is getting the job done. Running hard and giving the offense a little bit of a spark. Not sure what kind of future he has at running back for us going forward, but he looked pretty good out there today.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

The corners have played relatively well all year.. We have something to work with in the secondary. and I was impressed with Manake out there....

Not sure about the front 7 next year though.

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Sumler was the season's survivor at tail back. He out lasted, out blocked and ultimately out performed his freshmen competition down the stretch.

The "Met" knows the offense. He will start camp in the spring the same place he started and ended this year; as the starter.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

It's amazing what happens when your line actually blocks for you. I know it wasn't all on the OL. But it's so important to everything.

5. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

i was thinking survivor too - and at about the same time :)deadhorse:).

sumler and smith are teh awesome!!!!! i want dscott to grow up like these two did!!!! :woot: hopefully with no injuries and a good year of training appropriately, the issues that nagged this year will be a thing of the past.

i am excited about who we have returning next year. i wish big george could.

6. ladyblaise

trenches are EVERYTHING. people may as well put that in their sigline, because it is the troof. fortunately, with who we SHOULD have, we have the potential for a sick oline as opposed to a banged up one next year.

7. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Yep, sumler runs with a purpose and jimmy smith has all the tools. I hope they can get scott going,he needs to get fully healthy and get him running with attitude.

8. ladyblaise

he has attitude. he did not have a college body, and weight shifted too fast. BAM! he was hurt. he nursed that all year.

he has the tools. there is no reason to expect he should not be much better with health and physical training.

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Yep, a full spring should help. We will be even better there in 09 with stewart back and polk and lockridge joining the fray.

10. drew6236

drew6236 Club Member Club Member

My only concern is the front 4, not the back 7. We should have plenty of guys back there.

11. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Sumler has gotten huge!

[​IMG]

12. SunnyD24

SunnyD24 Guest

Smith has a future on Sunday.....

13. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I think Sumler has a future as a role player in this program. A lot like what Byron Ellis did for 2-3 years, only effective... :huh: I can easily see Sumler having a role as a third down back when they need the ability to pick up the blitz and protect the QB, catch the ball and occassionally take a handoff out of the shotgun. But with Speedy, Scott, Polk and Lockridge, I don't see him getting a lot of work in the regular offense from here on out (barring another season of injury hell like this one :sad1:...)