What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Smith

Hilarious quotes from Jimmy Smith after the game. After he was toast for much of the game he remembers he played at Colorado.
SAN DIEGO ——
Jimmy Smith's third start of his NFL career was an uneasy one.

The Ravens rookie cornerback was tested early and often by the San Diego Chargers in Sunday night's contest at Snapdragon Stadium, which included surrendering a 28-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Malcom Floyd.

Confident as always, Smith appeared unshaken.

"I've been beat before," he said."It happens. It's football. I know what happened. It was double moves I got beat on."

Making the start for Lardarius Webb, Smith, the organization's first-round pick in April, was targeted three times by Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers on San Diego's first possession of the game. Rivers overthrew wide receiver Vincent Jackson on his first attempt, but connected on passes of 15 and 12 yards to Jackson and Floyd, respectively, against Smith.

On the Chargers' second series of the first half, Jackson faked out Smith and got behind both Smith and free safety Ed Reed, but Rivers' throw was too long for Jackson to grab. On their third drive, Rivers' pass to Floyd on a crossing route was broken up by Smith.

But on San Diego's opening drive of the third quarter, Rivers found a streaking Floyd, who got behind Smith to make the catch in the back right corner of the end zone with 10:38 left in the period.

"Do you know my record at Colorado?" Smith said after the game. "At the same time, you have to deal with it. They did a lot of things to me being a younger player. That's going to happen. I think they did that well."

Smith started in place of Webb, who is nursing a toe injury on his left foot. Webb had sat out all three practices last week, but was active against San Diego and entered the contest when the Chargers went to a three-receiver set.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-notes-1219-20111219,0,4661017.story

Alot of guys are mentioning their hs now, is what it is. I hope he enjoyed that part cause he or anybody else on the Ravens couldnt have enjoyed that game. They are a weird football team sometimes. One week they can beat anyone, next week lose to the Colts or somebody, go figure.

Jimmy looked like a man among boys last night...hope he turns it around, or he will be the next Wheatley. :huh:

Jimmy had a bad game but so did the rest of the secondary. They didn't get a lot of pressure on the passer. Jimmy is still coming off an injury and only playing his third game. He'll get there and be okay.

Wheat would have been fine if he hadn't kept having leg injuries.

Jimmy looked like a man among boys last night...hope he turns it around, or he will be the next Wheatley. :huh:

That phrase took on a whole different meaning at Penn State.

He may come looking to kick your butt.

I think the networks pick a guy or two to name their high school instead of their college every game. It must have been Jimmy's turn. I wouldn't get too pissed at him.

Good for him. I remember when he and Jalil were 1st and 4th round picks and our pass defense that year was ranked 101st. Very odd.

We haven't had a pass rusher since Abe Wright 8 years ago. That's a big reason the pass d has sucked for so long (that and the Collins prevent D on 3rd and long and the disaster that was Embree).

We haven't had a pass rusher since Abe Wright 8 years ago. That's a big reason the pass d has sucked for so long (that and the Collins prevent D on 3rd and long and the disaster that was Embree).

It all starts with the line. Too bad we can't get any elite guys on it.

Back