What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt is one passionate dude

He is fiery!

Pretty good show today. He just called on all the coaches to mutiny against Hawkins.

LOL

Problem there is that most of them can't get another coaching job unless Hawkins is the head guy. At least not on the BCS or successful mid-major level. They'll stay loyal.

Funny stuff by Klatt, though.

Yeah, that would likely be career suicide for them.

A lot of them are committing career suicide by being a part of this fiasco right now. Look at our O-line, two likely high NFL draft choices, a number of guys who by the numbers should be physically able to play in any confernce in the country and yet we can't run block and we can't pass block, not a lot left to hang your hat on Denver Johnson.

Riddle will have a hard time getting a jr. high job after watching the special teams units, they can't kick, they can't protect the kicker, they can't cover, they can't return. Great for a resume!

How about the job Haggan has done? Run of a five star RB, the rest of his guys have a hard time finding where to line up, nobody gets better.

Should I go on? The best thing some of these guys could do for their careers is to distance themselves from Hawk quickly.

yup, i would have gone helfrich or greg brown last year at the latest, t'were it my resume about to get hung with irreversible Hawk-stink.

CJ and Klatt both responded to a caller about Bohn and DH. The question was something to the effect of do you think Bohn will retain DH even of they get to say 7 wins. CJ and Klatt immediately responded as if that were a joke. They reiterated what we have been discussing here that Bohn is not a fan of DH and wants him gone.

It gives me some comfort that even if these players are able to overcome this subpar coaching and win some games, we still will not have to endure DH any longer.

One coach who can (and probably will) get another job is Collins. I'll bet he's gone after this season.

Are you really a Collins guy?

His defenses have put up some of the worst performances in CU history. And while I do credit a number of his gameplans, he always gets abused with in-game adjustments by the opposing OC even when we start strong.

I strongly disagree on this one. Maybe I'm wrong. I've been on record a long time as not being a Collins guy. I have wanted him fired for years and felt after last season the best change we could make to the staff (after Hawkins was retained) would have been to fire Collins and promote Greg Brown.

Plus, Collins does absolutely zero for recruiting.

Anyway, welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

The two guys who have the best shot at getting a job in spite of the Hawk taint are Ambrose and Prince. After that, Kiesau and Cabral. Kiesau more for his recruiting ability than his actual coaching acumen. After that, it's a free for all of mediocrity and down right crappy coaching that has little chance of succeeding at another school, IMO. Collins and Brandison might get a whiff at a D-II school or mid major, but certainly not at any BCS school. Same with Hagan. Riddle and Johnson should start looking into retirement communities.

I really liked some of their comments today. They were right on the money. Especially the talk about CU not having an IDENTITY on offense, and how as soon as they get behind, they just dump whatever they were doing and start making things up.

Also lots of criticism of the Hawkins Jr. change. They brought up good points that Hansen wasn't playing poorly when he was pulled. But that the OL wasn't allowing him to progress through his reads, etc.

They had some good thoughts on the play calling when the safety occurred.

I wouldn't call myself a Collins guy -- in fact I've always been bummed that Hawk didn't keep Hankwitz around -- but I think you have to give Collins some credit for the performance of the D so far this year, especially in light of the many awful situations the O and ST has put them in. Sure, he ain't the greatest D coordinator in the country, but I think it's likely that another school will offer him a contract with more stability after this season. Hell, even Helfrich got plucked out of Boulder after a less than impressive stint with the Buffs.

Is this where Buff "fans" start bashing Klatt? DBT?

I'm not going to "bash" JK. I like him a lot. HOWEVER, and this is NOT a bash, he hates Hawkins SO much that he goes a bit overboard. I also think he sublimally dislikes Cody because of who Cody's dad is. I think Hansen played kind of tentitive the entire game. It wasn't a good idea to take him out, but he was not lighting the house on fire like JK seems to insist.

It was really interesting to listen to CJ go after Hawk given that CJ is an assistant AD. That in iteself tells me the writing is on the wall. I hope we bring in a new guy quickly so JK can calm down! :smile2:

And, BuffMania, why the **** single me out? :lol:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the CU AD right about now. Hawkins prolly hides in his office

I'm not going to "bash" JK. I like him a lot. HOWEVER, and this is NOT a bash, he hates Hawkins SO much that he goes a bit overboard. I also think he sublimally dislikes Cody because of who Cody's dad is. I think Hansen played kind of tentitive the entire game. It wasn't a good idea to take him out, but he was not lighting the house on fire like JK seems to insist.

It was really interesting to listen to CJ go after Hawk given that CJ is an assistant AD. That in iteself tells me the writing is on the wall. I hope we bring in a new guy quickly so JK can calm down! :smile2:

Because you're the only one who has an issue with what Klatt has to say.

Because you're the only one who has an issue with what Klatt has to say.
I have no issue with what he has to say. I just have an issue with the way he says it at times. I agree with most of what he says.

Listening today, it was clear that Klatt thinks the ONLY reason Cody Hawkins came into the game at Mizzou was because Hawkins Sr. wanted him in the game. He was adamant that all the other coaches would have said they wanted to stick with Hansen, and only D2Dan could have made the decision to put Cody into the game. (He didn't have any kind of information or evidence to back that up -- it was just his personal opinion more than anything)

There were a couple times where Charles Johnson tried to get Klatt to calm down, but it didn't do much. LOL.

And that is all I'm saying but I get ripped. CJ is always looking at JK and saying "Calm down, big fella!" :lol:

I can certainly see where you say that Klatt is simply blinded by his disgust of Hawkins, Sr.

That being said - it is very nice to have a show that is 100% Buffs for a good chunk of the day. Listening today, there were several times where they attempted to steer the conversation over to the Broncos, only to go back to the Buffs. After years of listening to Dave Logan and Scott Hastings and Lou from Littleton and whatever other boobs the radio shows pulled out, it is nice to have a couple CU homers on the radio to talk about the Buffs.

What was funny to me was the callers. You could totally tell that some of the callers were "subscribers" to the various "insider" message boards because they made comments / asked questions directly related to comments / threads on those message boards. Comments about McCartney, about Troy Calhoun, etc.

I can certainly see where you say that Klatt is simply blinded by his disgust of Hawkins, Sr.

That being said - it is very nice to have a show that is 100% Buffs for a good chunk of the day. Listening today, there were several times where they attempted to steer the conversation over to the Broncos, only to go back to the Buffs. After years of listening to Dave Logan and Scott Hastings and Lou from Littleton and whatever other boobs the radio shows pulled out, it is nice to have a couple CU homers on the radio to talk about the Buffs.

What was funny to me was the callers. You could totally tell that some of the callers were "subscribers" to the various "insider" message boards because they made comments / asked questions directly related to comments / threads on those message boards. Comments about McCartney, about Troy Calhoun, etc.
I get so sick and tired of all the other local sports talk shows talking about nothing but the Broncos. The cool thing is that CJ and JK get nothing but Buff calls all day. It just goes to show that there IS a market for the Buffs in Denver. I hope they get great ratings so that those stupid sports radio guys will figure out that this town is not just about the Broncos.

I get so sick and tired of all the other local sports talk shows talking about nothing but the Broncos. The cool thing is that CJ and JK get nothing but Buff calls all day. It just goes to show that there IS a market for the Buffs in Denver. I hope they get great ratings so that those stupid sports radio guys will figure out that this town is not just about the Broncos.
+1 I get sick of hearing all donkeys, all the time...

His defenses have put up some of the worst performances in CU history. And while I do credit a number of his gameplans, he always gets abused with in-game adjustments by the opposing OC even when we start strong.

I strongly disagree on this one. Maybe I'm wrong. I've been on record a long time as not being a Collins guy. I have wanted him fired for years and felt after last season the best change we could make to the staff (after Hawkins was retained) would have been to fire Collins and promote Greg Brown.

Plus, Collins does absolutely zero for recruiting.

Anyway, welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

Despite the defense not playing too bad this season, BANDISON has done nothing with herrod,kasa and west. Hell, you never here pericak's name anymore.

Back