What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt is one passionate dude

Listening today, it was clear that Klatt thinks the ONLY reason Cody Hawkins came into the game at Mizzou was because Hawkins Sr. wanted him in the game. He was adamant that all the other coaches would have said they wanted to stick with Hansen, and only D2Dan could have made the decision to put Cody into the game. (He didn't have any kind of information or evidence to back that up -- it was just his personal opinion more than anything)

There were a couple times where Charles Johnson tried to get Klatt to calm down, but it didn't do much. LOL.

I did not listen to the whole show but when I did what was interesting was CJ was agreeing with JK about the lack of passion from the Buffs under Hawkins. CJ stills works for CU --I think that the lack of reluctance to stop the criticism of DH speaks volumes. It would APPEAR to me that Dan Hawkins is all but done at CU (probably wishful thinking on my part).

I think you(DBT, et. al.) need to compare how JK announced the game on Saturday -- I thought he was very professional during the game and was not too critical of the Buffs. On his radio show I think they shoot for over the top because that gets people to call in and either agree or disagree. Without callers in talk radio you are dead and without controversy you cannot get callers.

Never heard Klatt on the radio but I liked his commentary during the game. When they showed the clip of one of his TD throws the last time we beat the tigers, he's like, "oh man what a lame duck pass that was." Thought that was pretty funny.

I think you(DBT, et. al.) need to compare how JK announced the game on Saturday -- I thought he was very professional during the game and was not too critical of the Buffs. On his radio show I think they shoot for over the top because that gets people to call in and either agree or disagree. Without callers in talk radio you are dead and without controversy you cannot get callers.
Joel is an up and coming analyst. He is very good.

I've been a bit critical of Klatt on his radio show a time or two, but to me he seems to have improved w/ CJ as a co-host instead of Nate Kreckman. I thought he was completely appropriate today.

I chuckled when a caller commented on the announcers for the Mizzou game, not realizing JK was one of them!

I haven't got to hear CJ and Klatt yet, but I absolutely loved Klatt and Kreckman

Back