What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt - Let's get real about him

There's a difference between asking the hard question and making things personal, Joel decided to make it personal and that's unprofessional

Why should he be allowed to sit on on a CU press conference after that? He's the same as that douchbag reporter that hassled Mora on Saturday

Man, you have thin skin if you think what he said was so bad that his media credentials should be revoked. I agree it was borderline unprofessional, but nowhere near where it would need to be to revoke his creds.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa....

Everyone here is out of line.

It was the EV1.net Houston Bowl at which Joel MFing Klatt won not only the game, but the MVP award!

Prepare to be depressed:

That game hasn't existed for 7 years, and it's the last bowl game we won.

Rraalph,

I didn't actually call Klatt a name. I described his influence on the program as cancerous. I never said he was worthless as a player (or anything, for that matter). But I called out the fact that his self-aggrandizement of his accomplishes at CU being significantly overblown. He was an average QB on average teams. He presents himself and his teams as much more than that. I also laid out a history of him being loudly outspoken and clearly showing a pattern of behavior and loyalties.

And, yes, I am using AllBuffs as the soapbox for my thoughts. Just as others are free to do. That's part of why this site exists. And the day people here, like yourself, stop disagreeing with me, calling me out, or questioning things I say.... that is the day I'll quit AllBuffs. We need debate and I've been a bit uncomfortable with being out front on things or getting too much attention. I'm not AllBuffs. I'm one voice on AllBuffs which probably has more influence than it should. So, thank you.

P.S. The only thing I am dug in on in terms of my influence on the direction of AllBuffs is that the recruiting forum will not be a place to attack CU, CU coaches, CU players, or CU prospects as long as I'm involved. Anything else I consider fair game.

All hail our glorious leader! He has spoken, and smoted Rraalp! Praises!

JK has strong opinions. To the point that he does not listen at all to the other side. He needs to grow up a bit.

JK was a solid QB for us and I chose to remember him as such. Not this post-playing career crap.

I recognize shortbus was his OC and all, but his love affair with the guy has always made me question Joel's judgement.

It was that s h i t t y oline that was supposed to protect him, Joel is a good guy and a Buff forever. He was an above average college QB but did not have the tools to play in the league.

Bohn left juice box there too long, his worst nightmare is unfolding. Too bad for JE but he should have been willing to make changes.

I'll never bag on Klatt's career at CU. The guy left everything on the field for the Buffs, never saw him quit. The circumstances present while he was our starter were pretty rough, and I thought he handled it as well as could be expected. He should really ask Barnett why we were still throwing the ball on Texas being down 70-3 with Brown already calling off the dogs. I also think he does a good job as a TV announcer for FOX.

It's in radio that I can't stand him. Barely been able to listen to him since he publicly denounced the basketball facility and said it wasn't needed. Couldn't believe I heard him say it. He needs to let this vendetta against the guy who fired his coach go.

I don't like this thread at all. Buff Nation needs to come together if we are going to be successful. There are a lot of factions right now and people on all sides have to focus on what we can do to reach the level of success that everyone wants for this program. To keep bickering serves no purpose except to keep us from our goals.

I generally haven't had issues with Klatt and I like having guys that want to talk CU football on the radio.

Where I'm a bit annoyed with him is in the apparent (to me) difference in how he handled his criticism of Hawk vs Embree. I've yet to hear Klatt say that Embree failed as a HC or that the team was embarrassed weekly or that the losses to Sac St and CSU were unacceptable or that getting blown out by Fresno was a new low. Instead, all I heard was that he didn't go after Hawk until year 3 so that's why he's been quiet about Embree this year.

I don't like this thread at all. Buff Nation needs to come together if we are going to be successful. There are a lot of factions right now and people on all sides have to focus on what we can do to reach the level of success that everyone wants for this program. To keep bickering serves no purpose except to keep us from our goals.

Agree completely - and that was exactly what Bohn was saying during today's presser.

Solomon W. Just got real on 104.3 and called it straight !

Failed experiment and time to move on. SIAP

Rraalph,

I didn't actually call Klatt a name. I described his influence on the program as cancerous. I never said he was worthless as a player (or anything, for that matter). But I called out the fact that his self-aggrandizement of his accomplishes at CU is significantly overblown. He was an average QB on average teams. He presents himself and his teams as much more than that. I also laid out a history of him being loudly outspoken and clearly showing a pattern of behavior and loyalties.

And, yes, I am using AllBuffs as the soapbox for my thoughts. Just as others are free to do. That's part of why this site exists. And the day people here, like yourself, stop disagreeing with me, calling me out, or questioning things I say.... that is the day I'll quit AllBuffs. We need debate and I've been a bit uncomfortable with being out front on things or getting too much attention. I'm not AllBuffs. I'm one voice on AllBuffs which probably has more influence than it should. So, thank you.

P.S. The only thing I am dug in on in terms of my influence on the direction of AllBuffs is that the recruiting forum will not be a place to attack CU, CU coaches, CU players, or CU prospects as long as I'm involved. Anything else I consider fair game.

:thumbsup: All good and value yours and everyone's varying opinions equally otherwise wouldn't hang around here....that being stated I do think there is a large group of Idots around here who take some of the poster's word as the "end all be all" rather than voicing their opinion, and if you do voice your opinion against the vast majority it becomes attack city

I voiced mine...and certainly have not been as vocal around Embree as I was not as "CERTAIN" about this decision as you or many others were

I didn't think Klatt crossed the line nearly as much as many people are making it out to be....he asked some critical questions of Bohn which while a bit out of line were questions that I think are also somewhat reasonable given Bohn has resided over this program and its largest failings

I too find myself a bit emotional about the whole situation especially after watching Embo.....I'm torn and it hurts seeing the program being this divided

Well said. We need to remember that a lot of folks are going to react emotionally to this. We need to stick together, weather the storm, and come out stronger on the back end.

Well said. We need to remember that a lot of folks are going to react emotionally to this. We need to stick together, weather the storm, and come out stronger on the back end.

But can Klatt still be our token whipping boy?

But can Klatt still be our token whipping boy?

I know you're saying that tongue in cheek, but I'm tired of Buff on Buff hate crimes. Whether it's us hating on Embo and crew, or now this thread, I'm just done with it. I don't have it in me anymore.

I know you're saying that tongue in cheek, but I'm tired of Buff on Buff hate crimes. Whether it's us hating on Embo and crew, or now this thread, I'm just done with it. I don't have it in me anymore.

Not even in the Politics and Religion forum?

Wait. Wut?

If Ralphmalph still lives in his parent's basement, its cool now, right?

Klatt is a fantastic college football color analyst. He is passionate about CU football. I don't hate the guy...

That said, he is condescending and egotistical to a fault. Vic Lombardi and he exchanged words on twitter a couple weeks ago about Tebow of all things, and Lombardi called him out on his BS. Vic said Joel never made it as a QB in the NFL and that grates on him. Told him he ought to get in the Broncos locker room if he's going to offer up strong opinions about them, etc. Basically, I interpreted it as a veteran member of the local sports media reminding the young kid he needs to pay his dues.

As far as Klatt relates to Embree - it's sort of ridiculous how transparent these B4L guys have been in terms of their own self-interest and being able to separate that from an objective view of reality. They obviously had a dog in the hunt, which is why it's hard to view all of their Bohn criticisms objectively.

Klatt is a fantastic college football color analyst. He is passionate about CU football. I don't hate the guy...

That said, he is condescending and egotistical to a fault. Vic Lombardi and he exchanged words on twitter a couple weeks ago about Tebow of all things, and Lombardi called him out on his BS. Vic said Joel never made it as a QB in the NFL and that grates on him. Told him he ought to get in the Broncos locker room if he's going to offer up strong opinions about them, etc. Basically, I interpreted it as a veteran member of the local sports media reminding the young kid he needs to pay his dues.

As far as Klatt relates to Embree - it's sort of ridiculous how transparent these B4L guys have been in terms of their own self-interest and being able to separate that from an objective view of reality. They obviously had a dog in the hunt, which is why it's hard to view all of their Bohn criticisms objectively.

Present both sides of the argument. Joel Klatt was right, Tebow sucks. 2 years is not enough time to rebuild a program that was in a mess before Embree was named coach. Most people reserve judgement until after the 3rd season.

Present both sides of the argument. Joel Klatt was right, Tebow sucks. 2 years is not enough time to rebuild a program that was in a mess before Embree was named coach. Most people reserve judgement until after the 3rd season.

What was the other side of the argument in your opinion?

I'd like to personally invite Klatt to respond to this thread. there needs to be 2-way dialogue if we ALL (buffs) can move forward with a singular purpose.

I only have one problem as it stands right now - Bohn may not have handled it well, but it was Klatt's bull**** questions and attitude that caused that presser to careen out of control. There was no need to be that aggressive in that situation, especially considering Klatt is a Buff and cares about the program (or at least claims to). He crossed the line between reporter and fan, and used his media credentials to further a personal vendetta against Bohn that caused the program to look even worse than it already did. Anyone competing with CU for coaches and/or recruits is loving Klatt right now, and that pisses me off.

Back