What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt - Let's get real about him

Klatt is a fantastic college football color analyst. He is passionate about CU football. I don't hate the guy...

That said, he is condescending and egotistical to a fault. Vic Lombardi and he exchanged words on twitter a couple weeks ago about Tebow of all things, and Lombardi called him out on his BS. Vic said Joel never made it as a QB in the NFL and that grates on him. Told him he ought to get in the Broncos locker room if he's going to offer up strong opinions about them, etc. Basically, I interpreted it as a veteran member of the local sports media reminding the young kid he needs to pay his dues.

As far as Klatt relates to Embree - it's sort of ridiculous how transparent these B4L guys have been in terms of their own self-interest and being able to separate that from an objective view of reality. They obviously had a dog in the hunt, which is why it's hard to view all of their Bohn criticisms objectively.

And not that it relates to any of this, but he is also a complete disaster as the post-game and "sideline" guy on the Rockies broadcasts. Just awful....

Since my math education only took me through 3 semesters of calculus, differential equations and linear algebra, I am having a difficult time understanding Klatt's explanation of mathmatics. So, could one of you geniuses explain this statement by Klatt?

JK: "At some point, you have to look at the entire equation and not just some of the constants within the equation," Klatt said. "Right now the head coach changing that variable doesn't seem to be working. At some point you have to look elsewhere."

Since my math education only took me through 3 semesters of calculus, differential equations and linear algebra, I am having a difficult time understanding Klatt's explanation of mathmatics. So, could one of you geniuses explain this statement by Klatt?

JK: "At some point, you have to look at the entire equation and not just some of the constants within the equation," Klatt said. "Right now the head coach changing that variable doesn't seem to be working. At some point you have to look elsewhere."

I guess that shot he took in the 70-3 gem has had some lasting effects.

I think he is suggesting CU give up football and look to become a national power in women's rugby.

I actually think his point is a good one--we keep changing out the same part, but aren't seeing better results. Something else is broken. But on the other hand, he assumes that all coaches are the same (a constant).

It's a thinly veiled dig on Mike Bohn. The problem is that the rest of the athletic department is kicking ass. It's the football program that sucks. Bohn is addressing that. Klatt's argument is easily refuted, once you can figure out what it is.

Back