What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt video on Folsom Field expansion

Put me in the "water under the bridge" crowd. Yes, Klatt may have said some damning things about CU but haven't we all? Especially with respect to the last decade of CU football that we had to endure- I know have said some nasty things too. Just like Klatt, my reactions were emotional spur of the moment. But I'm willing to bet just like the rest of us, despite our countless vitriol spewed (allbuffs has a impressive collection if you use the search function), Klatt is a true Buff through and through. He played his ass off for CU on the grid iron and was responsible for some of the best moments I've experienced at Folsom field as student (TD pass to Ron Monteilh to beat out the purple pussies during closing seconds was incredible!). Hell, I remember when he got knocked the **** out from that cheap late hit during that embarrassing Big 12 champ game against Texas, he refused to be sat out of the game (despite being overruled) and had to be held back from entering the game again. He may not have been one CU's greats but he was a tough SOB. And another point, he was probably the best ambassador for CU during the "scandal"- with the administration giving no support and Barnett on the way out, he was the most vocal person defending the program while dealing with a media ****storm. He represented CU well. Give him a break, he's a Buff too.

Watched the video.....was excellent. All is forgiven, Joel. Now start rallying former players and help get this bitch turned around!

And on on the topic of getting the fans back.....when we start winning, fans will flock to Folsom. And all of us living far from Boulder will wake up and feel proud again of our program.

Joel despised Bohn. From what I heard, he wanted him out of the AD from day one and would do anything to do it.

Joel despised Bohn. From what I heard, he wanted him out of the AD from day one and would do anything to do it.

Well, Bohn fired Barnett. Klatt still talks glowingly about Shawn Watson's coordinating abilities, so you can imagine how loyal he was to those guys.

So that started it, then the Embree fiasco exacerbated it. And that press conference was a circus even without Klatt yelling from the back.

Although Klatt was pretty wrong about Embree(and Watson probably), as we move forward with RG, the more right he looks about Bohn.

Last edited:
Just with regard to the video - if you're a high school kid and watch Fox Sports, you know who Joel Klatt is but you probably don't know/care about the drama from a few years ago. Then, if you (high school kid)watch this video, you think "hey, I know that Klatt guy. He thinks CU is going to be awesome. Maybe I'll give it a shot."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again, he said much more than that on the radio. I remember they had Vic Lombardi on the morning show with him, and Vic had to ask Joel to calm down and said that Joel was WAY to close to the situation to look at it objectively. Joel was yelling at Vic during an interview.
I know I can get loud, irrational and a bit out of control about things I care passionately about. Joel did so too, but was in a position that he needed to be more professional about. The platform he had could have been used much more effectively. But..live and learn.

I hate Reilly much more. He had the experience and platform and was just an ass and self serving without looking for facts. Or worse, ignoring facts for the sake of sensationalism.

This was the crux of it all. JK wanted to get the guy that fired his coach. He had a grudge bordering on vendetta. Bohn had to deal with the same lack of admin support that JK was railing about. I'm not trying to be a Bohn apologist here, but the real decision makers are the ones who marginalized the Football program, and made Bohn deal with the backlash. That Bohn stuck around knowing the cards were stacked against him doesn't speak well for him. He should have left in '09 after he was made to retain Hawkins.

Anyway, like Sacky said, water under the bridge. JK bleeds Black and Gold, and is a good ambassador for CU football. He's also one of the better color analysts out there imo.

I have a bigger issue with Big Al than Klatt these days. At least when Klatt was on the airwaves here, you had a passionate Buff, good or bad. There were discussions about the football program. Al seems completely uninformed and apathetic on the rare occasions that CU football does come up. I'd be very surprised if he even knows the name of the starting QB of his alma mater.

I have a bigger issue with Big Al than Klatt these days. At least when Klatt was on the airwaves here, you had a passionate Buff, good or bad. There were discussions about the football program. Al seems completely uninformed and apathetic on the rare occasions that CU football does come up. I'd be very surprised if he even knows the name of the starting QB of his alma mater.

If I was Al I would be too.

I'd be surprised if he knows we are building an IPF.

Al doesn't know anything about anything, but he is fun to listen to

He's just the big, lovable idiot around Denver sports media, and it makes for good radio. I would agree that he isn't as informed as Klatt was, but he is every bit as passionate about CU football.

Saw him at the Utah game, so he's not completely apathetic. I think he just doesn't have a lot to brag about, and he knows D-Mac is just going to troll him about CU the more he says he about it.

Saw him at the Utah game, so he's not completely apathetic. I think he just doesn't have a lot to brag about, and he knows D-Mac is just going to troll him about CU the more he says he about it.

You're probably right and I'll amend my statement. I'd be shocked if he could pronounce our QB's name.

Back