What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt was on Des Moines sports radio 1460 yesterday

Freshman and sophomore laden team? Did we watch the same CU team last year? Bonsu, Pericak, Givens. That;s it for freshmen who played any significant amount. There were a lot of Sophomores, but c'mon.

Last year we had 112 players on the roster. 35% were freshmen/RS Freshmen, 31% were sophomores. That is 2/3 of the team. 19% were juniors and 15% seniors. Yep, I'd say that is a pretty good definition of "freshmen and sophomore laden."

Last year we had 112 players on the roster. 35% were freshmen/RS Freshmen, 31% were sophomores. That is 2/3 of the team. 19% were juniors and 15% seniors. Yep, I'd say that is a pretty good definition of "freshmen and sophomore laden."

And how many played? 85 scholly players distributed over four classes, EVERY CFB team will have between 40-60% Frosh and Soph. The difference is how many play. My point is there were three frosh who played any significant amount last year, and two of them were RS frosh. Many of the sophs who played were third year guys (Miller, Simas, Iltis, Obi, Goree, Perkins, Daniels, Behrens etc.), youth is just another of the endless litany of excuses made for DH's continuing piss poor performance. I know he didn't guarantee it, but loudmouth was the one saying 10 w's last year...you didn't hear about how "young" they were until he had shat the bed...again. Somehow Mizzou, with a statiscally younger team, came into Folsom and ran the Buffs. Tomorrow Hawk has a chance to prove everybody but you wrong for once...I hope he does.

And how many played? 85 scholly players distributed over four classes, EVERY CFB team will have between 40-60% Frosh and Soph. The difference is how many play. My point is there were three frosh who played any significant amount last year, and two of them were RS frosh. Many of the sophs who played were third year guys (Miller, Simas, Iltis, Obi, Goree, Perkins, Daniels, Behrens etc.), youth is just another of the endless litany of excuses made for DH's continuing piss poor performance. I know he didn't guarantee it, but loudmouth was the one saying 10 w's last year...you didn't hear about how "young" they were until he had shat the bed...again. Somehow Mizzou, with a statiscally younger team, came into Folsom and ran the Buffs. Tomorrow Hawk has a chance to prove everybody but you wrong for once...I hope he does.

I'm not saying it was an excuse for last year's results, I'm saying it is a reason they should be much better this year. BTW, I did an analysis last year. Of Hawkins' recruits, last years team had 3 seniors and 6 juniors. All the rest were freshmen and sophomores. So, this year, he has his people in place pretty much from top to bottom. Whether or not anyone thought youth was an excuse the first 4 years, it sure as hell is not this year.

Delete

Last edited:
I'm not saying it was an excuse for last year's results, I'm saying it is a reason they should be much better this year. BTW, I did an analysis last year. Of Hawkins' recruits, last years team had 3 seniors and 6 juniors. All the rest were freshmen and sophomores. So, this year, he has his people in place pretty much from top to bottom. Whether or not anyone thought youth was an excuse the first 4 years, it sure as hell is not this year.

Delete
I really hope you are right. Nobody wants the Buffs to do well more than me. I am just very sour on this staff....I happen to think DH has recruited fairly well. There are some talented kids on the roster, but the results just don't show it...and I blame the staff not the kids.

I have no problem with Klatt blasting Hawk and the Buffs but I do have a problem with him doing it in another state.

I have heard the displeasure in Klatt's voice for a long time but he has never blasted Hawk or the Buffs like that on Denver radio.

Since this is the "everyone responds to DBT" thread, I'd just like to point out that your first post to this thread is often wondered about most of the **** you write. You don't really believe it, do you? You don't really PERCIEIVE that way, right?

Back