What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt

Yeah he was over the top with the Embree firing, but I can mostly give him a pass because he was finally letting the masses know that the problems with CU football are much bigger than just the coach.

His comments about Sprague were just flat out douche. He made it sound like he was some world class QB that had no talent around him.

I recall his stats were pretty dam good when we had the likes of DJ Hackett and Derreck McCoy running routes. I never heard in context what he had to say about Sprague but in my experience in knowing him he was a class player and leader. He is as passionate about CU Football as anyone I know. We all can be dickwads in the heat of the moment.

I recall his stats were pretty dam good when we had the likes of DJ Hackett and Derreck McCoy running routes. I never heard in context what he had to say about Sprague but in my experience in knowing him he was a class player and leader. He is as passionate about CU Football as anyone I know. We all can be dickwads in the heat of the moment.

The Sprague comment wasn't "heat of the moment"; it was planned and calculated to make himself look so much better at the expense of another Buff, who worked just as hard as Klatt, for the Buffs.

That, combined with his agitating for the hire of and the later defense of the 2nd worst college HC ever (Gill is No. 1), has put him in my doghouse basement until a broad apology is forthcoming! If he wanted a "Buff family guy" so bad, he could have supported Cabral, who was far more deserving and had a long track record as a college coch, even as interim HC. Waterbottle had nothing!

My problem with Klatt is he thinks he was part of the glory days of CU football. He played for what were, at the time, middling Buffs football teams. I'd trade those years for the last couple years in a heartbeat, but Klatt acts like he was an all-conference QB on a top-10 football team when that simply isn't the case. In reality, his QB talent is probably about even with Sprague's talent at WR. Good, but not great talent with some guts in game situations.

Despite the above, he is a decent TV guy and I hope he comes back to support the CU AD eventually.

The Sprague comment wasn't "heat of the moment"; it was planned and calculated to make himself look so much better at the expense of another Buff, who worked just as hard as Klatt, for the Buffs.

That, combined with his agitating for the hire of and the later defense of the 2nd worst college HC ever (Gill is No. 1), has put him in my doghouse basement until a broad apology is forthcoming! If he wanted a "Buff family guy" so bad, he could have supported Cabral, who was far more deserving and had a long track record as a college coch, even as interim HC. Waterbottle had nothing!
To be fair, he did say it was an inside joke between him and Sprague. FWIW.

I know nothing of what that situation was or is so I'll reserve judgement until I do hear what as said and why. My kid shared a house with him for a year and protected his backside for several, yeah I am biased.

"Joel Klatt was so good,I broke some of his records" - Cody Hawkins

As much as I have NO respect for that homunculus dickwad CH, please tell me he didn't really say that. BTW, anyone that wants to dig deep into stats, I'd invite you to visit the CU site and school up on Cody. Shameless entitled dwarf.

As much as I have NO respect for that homunculus dickwad CH, please tell me he didn't really say that. BTW, anyone that wants to dig deep into stats, I'd invite you to visit the CU site and school up on Cody. Shameless entitled dwarf.
Dick.

Klatt is a very good (and improving) broadcaster who never made a peep while playing half of his starts with a seriously injured shoulder for a team backstabbed by a PC administration that went defenseless against a knuckledragger lawsuit filed by a pig. I wish him nothing but the best. I will always be in Joel's corner.

sEdated. Medicated. Underestimated. Quasi-intoxicated. All a' them -ateds…..

Educated, Illuminated, Inundated, Prorated, Klatt's Still Elevated, Cody's Still Overrated.

Educated, Illuminated, Inundated, Prorated, Klatt's Still Elevated, Cody's Still Overrated.

you joined in 2005 and have only three hundred posts? What happened? Drug-induced comma during most of the last 8 years?

If only Joel had better receivers to throw to than Dusty Sprague, he would be tearing it up in the pros.

After that comment I lost all respect for him.
I was mad when I heard that too. Then I actually called out Klatt on it He responded quickly, saying that he and Sprague have been longtime friends and that they BOTH joke about it all the time.

WTF? Cody was/is a Buff who gave all he could to CU. You need to separate the player from the coach. His dad did him no favors by putting him in the situation he did. Cody did the best he could.

Back