1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Henderson is a complete asshole

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

2. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Jens, I will not click the link to that trash. cliff notes?

3. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

It's an article about Texas' troubles but taking shots at CU whenever he can fit one in. Even his picture makes him look like a total douche.

4. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It´s basically a column about the instability at Texas caused by their coaching turnover, but for some reason the prick needs to get the Buffs in there, draw comparisons and get his pot shots in.

5. Del

Del Member

From the article --- "This doesn't mean Colorado will be better on the field next year. I'm betting the Buffs will have a spirited battle with Washington State for the worst team in the Pac-12." --- I emailed him a few weeks ago asking why he has to continue to say that CU could not hire Calhoun Away from the AFA and settled on Embree. I told him that most Buff fans did not want Calhoun anyway. He responded in kind -

"Fans want the truth. They don't want cheerleading. They don't want false optimism. Why should I care who Colorado hired? I'm just reporting the facts."

I then said just the facts huh? Like when you said CU was a bad job in your article talking about Bellotti? He never responded.

6. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Good job, Austin. Somebody needs to stand up to pondscum like him. I will occasionally email national guys like Pat Forde too if they get out of line.

7. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

Might as well make this thread a sticky.

8. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

And Pat Forde seems to love the buffs compared to the local media.

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Henderson = douche

10. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

For the love of god quit giving this guy the attention and clicks hew wants. I'm going to start neg rep posting links to this guys trash.

AlferdJasper and 66BUFF like this.
  11. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

This...

What Henderson thinks is not relevant to anything beyond his ego. Linking to/responding to/e-mailing the dork about his drivel just convinces him that people really care about the asinine workings of his brain.

12. Del

Del Member

I will continue to call him out for every piece of garbage he writes. It probably won't do any good but it makes me feel better and at least it shows that people don't like what he is writing. Honestly I think getting an inbox full of angry emails is much better than none at all. No response gives him a free license to trash the program at will. At least it shows that people are holding him accoutable for the **** he writes. I wish I had an email for his boss lol! I sent him another one this morning calling his opinion piece garbage and thanking him for his tireless efforts to trash the CU program at every chance he gets.

13. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

yes.

You read it, you respond to it, you get excited about it? Henderson wins. All he wants is readers, doesn't care if we are a fan club or hate his guts.
    Do NOT read him, and YOU win.

got it?

14. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

It shows the editors at the Post that they are selling newspapers and online advertising. Your following Henderson pays his salary.

15. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I was tempted to sent him a note too, but that's what the moron wants. I will not give him the satisfaction, plus as soon as I read his slam on CU I did not read the rest of the article.

16. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

This. Rather than continue to read his **** and engage him in pointless discussion, simply write a single letter to the editors of the Post stating that you will not buy a paper or visit the online site until John Henderson is no longer needlessly trashing CU to drum up controversy. Then follow through on your threat.

17. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Who is John Henderson?

18. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Never heard of him.

19. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Look, if you want to get somewhere with this toilet stain, you have two options: 1) as others have suggested, ignore it; 2) start writing to the advertisers in the sprots page and tell them you stopped buying their products because they support the DP and it's (insert perjorative here) hacks like JH who trash the state's flagship university.

IMO, these guys aren't journalists, they are intellectual prostitutes. If you are going to do battle with them, deprive them of their johns, they'll either wither and die or change their tune. Writing to the editor or the hack themselves just reinforces the behavior. They are infotainment, they could care less what you think about them, they just want to get attention to sell ad space. If nothing was learned in the scandal that wasn't, you should have learned that.

20. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

this

21. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Ha!
    Henderson = Blakeman
    You all know what that means.

22. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

After reviewing the board this morning and it's impact on my blood pressure, I'd like bury hatchet and add to the list of irrelevance:

What is the Denver Post?
    What is the Big 12/Mac10
    Where does I76 end up?
    What does football mean in Nebraska and are the fans classy?
    Who is Clete Blakeman?
    Who is Dan Hawkins?
    Who is Tom Osborn?
    Who are the Longhorns?

23. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Henderson is an ass. I try not to read him but still like reading some of the Post. Maybe I need to avoid the Post altogether though.

24. The Guest

The Guest Guest

You know, in his mind he's convinced himself that he's producing an honest product, and the less than positive response from the CU fanbase is the result of disagreement.

I suspect he's incapable of understanding the feedback is really outrage against his obvious agenda, but not because we believe that every aspect of our team and its performance is somehow above examination.

We understand our team has been underperforming. We don't need articles that highlight deficiencies during key recruiting battles, or the capricious insertion of those facts in seemingly unrelated stories.

25. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Meh, these guys just want attention. They don't care if it's positive or negative.

The biggest insult you can give an asshat like Henderson or Jiszla is silence. Don't click the links to their articles, don't send them emails. Just crickets.

26. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

They both suck at their jobs ?

27. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I saw that article this morning. I will now make a special point of not ever clicking on a Henderson article again.

28. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

The feel the same way about Kizla.

I don't read The Denver Post. I don't like their (liberal) editorial content. In the past they have trashed my employer and they continue to trash my alma matter... I am loyal to a fault.

29. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I've said this before, but I think you wrote it a little more clearly. Point is, if the advertisers begin to fear potential losses, or think customers may buy from rival companies, this just might become a bargaining chip between them and the DP. Money is a powerful motivator.

30. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

Some one needs put a flaming bag of poop on his mobile home doorstep.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010