What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

John Schrock leaving the team

HCMM said we would be down to three QB's by the end of spring ball. His timetable was a little off, but we're finally getting there. Don't know what the big deal is as Schrock was near the bottom of the chart.

It isn't a big deal.

When I suggested that Gehrke and Sefo could RS this board melted down. I am sure though that MM would love to not use them unless he sees them taking Woods job before his eligibility expires.
I think the decision may come down to how they improve before the season begins.

When I suggested that Gehrke and Sefo could RS this board melted down. I am sure though that MM would love to not use them unless he sees them taking Woods job before his eligibility expires.

I guess I just do not understand why Gehrke's redshirt is so sacred. I think his development is better served by getting backup reps all season and potentially getting mop-up duty.

Reactions: aik
Too early to make any decisions to red shirt any player. Gehrke most likely won't be redshirted, even if Wood wins the starting job, which is not a done deal, our O line is not the best in the world, Gehrke most likely will play some snaps this upcoming season.

Yes, and so did Josh Moten. Given the fortunes endured last six seasons, it isn't hard to imagine reading a November DC article mentioning one of these two guys taking practice reps at QB.
That's right, I completely forgot Moten did as well.

I guess I just do not understand why Gehrke's redshirt is so sacred. I think his development is better served by getting backup reps all season and potentially getting mop-up duty.

It's not sacred. If he's seen as a stopgap backup, reps are in order. If he's seen as the QB of the future, after Wood leaves, RS makes some sense, only in that one scenario.

If I actually had to guess, I'd guess that Gehrke is much further along than Sefo and will be the backup and will gets snaps in game 1. Webb is probably more of a 2H of the year option, if that.

Hopefully Dillon and Shrock leaving means that both Gehrke and Sefo are legit. If both were demoralized by what the younger guys are already showing them that's actually good news for the team. I recognized Dillon wasn't the savior from the jump (even made the Ballanger comp) and got a bunch of googly-eye cartoons in response. :wow:

I still think Sefo will be the man and hope he gets to keep his redshirt, but was pleasantly surprised by how Wood looked in the spring game (thanks cmgoods). Wood couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the games I saw last yr...

I thought Hirschman at least showed some heart and played ok in stretches against Utah and was concerned when he transferred. However, I am less concerned after watching Gerhke's highlights. Three steps and the ball is out without a funky throwing motion -an apparent curse of recent CO qb's.

Finally, Apsay looks very promising. He may have the 'moxy' I'm scared Wood lacks. Just hope he grows an inch or two ...otherwise I'm thinking Hansen 2.0.

Hopefully Dillon and Shrock leaving means that both Gehrke and Sefo are legit. If both were demoralized by what the younger guys are already showing them that's actually good news for the team. I recognized Dillon wasn't the savior from the jump (even made the Ballanger comp) and got a bunch of googly-eye cartoons in response. :wow:

I still think Sefo will be the man and hope he gets to keep his redshirt, but was pleasantly surprised by how Wood looked in the spring game (thanks cmgoods). Wood couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the games I saw last yr...

I thought Hirschman at least showed some heart and played ok in stretches against Utah and was concerned when he transferred. However, I am less concerned after watching Gerhke's highlights. Three steps and the ball is out without a funky throwing motion -an apparent curse of recent CO qb's.

Finally, Apsay looks very promising. He may have the 'moxy' I'm scared Wood lacks. Just hope he grows an inch or two ...otherwise I'm thinking Hansen 2.0.
Right now, I would take Hansen 2.0. He was the best QB at CU since Klatt left ( I know that isn't setting the bar that high), but is there anybody who would not have wanted him back last year? Didn't think so...

Back