What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree Press Conf.

My guess is they finally saw that Bohn got his way, when he showed up at a meeting with POCU and DeSteph with a sh*# load of threatened season ticket and funding/donation cancellations, as well as a warning note from Larry Scott!

Bohn was not resonsible for Hawk's failure(Who could have foreseen that? DH was everybody's choice! Boise wasn't talking, they knew who the real power was and were glad to see DH go!)) nor was Embo his choice. People realize that now.

Actually, when left to his own devices, even with few resources, Bohn shows pretty well, getting good CU/ Colo connected coachs who are on the rise. I remember all the early whining about the CU-hosted Big12 Track & Field meet; and when all was said and done it was universally acclaimed as the best league meet, evah, thanks to Bohn's efforts. (BB, VB and golf coachs speak for themselves. K Mack was just another DH; everyone lauded the choice at the time.)

Especially now that the AD stepped up and cleaned house, I really think it bears examination on the state of the AD as a whole since Mike Bohn took over. I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff, but:

• Bohn has not been successful hiring a FB coach or getting FB facilities. End of story
  • Bohn has been instrumental in turning around the basketball program, which is approaching unprecedented heights at CU
  • Bohn has done well at running the AD in the black, at a time when most ADs do not.

• Bohn has done very well with the golf programs in getting them the facilities they need
  • Bohn was also a leading force in moving CU to the Pac 12
  • Bohn has hired head several head coaches; the results have been split about evenly:
    • Volleyball (Liz Kritza) has had no success but seems to be improving
    • Women's Soccer (Danny Sanchez) is WAY to early to tell since he was hired last year, but they did improve from 4-12-2 last year to 8-8-4 this year.
    • Men's Golf- I don't know much about this, so I will refrain from comment. Bohn hired Roy Edwards in 2006.
    • Men's BB- Bzdelik is difficult to evaluate as a hire. Boyle has been a home run.
    • Women's BB- Kathy MM was pretty much a disaster. Linda Lappe seems to have been a good hire so far.
  • Bohn did oversee, as pointed out, a successful 2008 track and field championships for the Big 12

all in all, I think Bohn's done a solid, if uninspiring, job. Not sure (other than a successful FB program) could be asked for from an AD.

If he gets facilities done for FB and also hires a great FB coach with this next hire I think he should get pretty much a lifetime pass.

Flame away.

Especially now that the AD stepped up and cleaned house, I really think it bears examination on the state of the AD as a whole since Mike Bohn took over. I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff, but:

• Bohn has not been successful hiring a FB coach or getting FB facilities. End of story
  • Bohn has been instrumental in turning around the basketball program, which is approaching unprecedented heights at CU
  • Bohn has done well at running the AD in the black, at a time when most ADs do not.

• Bohn has done very well with the golf programs in getting them the facilities they need
  • Bohn was also a leading force in moving CU to the Pac 12
  • Bohn has hired head several head coaches; the results have been split about evenly:
    • Volleyball (Liz Kritza) has had no success but seems to be improving
    • Women's Soccer (Danny Sanchez) is WAY to early to tell since he was hired last year, but they did improve from 4-12-2 last year to 8-8-4 this year.
    • Men's Golf- I don't know much about this, so I will refrain from comment. Bohn hired Roy Edwards in 2006.
    • Men's BB- Bzdelik is difficult to evaluate as a hire. Boyle has been a home run.
    • Women's BB- Kathy MM was pretty much a disaster. Linda Lappe seems to have been a good hire so far.
  • Bohn did oversee, as pointed out, a successful 2008 track and field championships for the Big 12

all in all, I think Bohn's done a solid, if uninspiring, job. Not sure (other than a successful FB program) could be asked for from an AD.

If he gets facilities done for FB and also hires a great FB coach with this next hire I think he should get pretty much a lifetime pass.

Flame away.

I think that's a fairly accurate assessment of Bohn's career at CU thus far. He has definitely done more than he has been credit for, and he has probably taken more **** than is fair. That said, football is king. I love that the basketball program is doing so well and that the Pac-12 move has been a positive for us, but what people see when they look at Bohn's job is D2D and Embree. He has to get a good coach in here who can turn this program around, or his legacy is going to be that he oversaw the decline of CU football to its lowest depths. He also needs to get the football facilities improved or that failure will also be tacked on to his legacy as well. Doesn't matter what else he does, which sucks, because I think he has done well in other phases of his job.

It should be noted that all of the Buffs in local media positions and/or closest to boosters and the administration were connected to football.

Many of them (Dan Hawkins, his staff and AD employees from the football office included) had issues with the basketball facility investment. They saw facilities needs for football, saw how they were underfunded, knew that the most pressure was on them to carry the finances of the AD and engagement of the fan base... and it did not sit well with them that basketball got a practice facility while football had to deal with things like practice bubble turf that had aged beyond its intended life.

Might be a good topic for debate here. My opinion is that Bohn could either throw $10-20 million at a $10-20 million problem, or throw $10-$20 million at a $200 million problem. He chose wisely.

Bohn and Embree were on Logan's radio show today. Embree didn't see this coming as of Saturday night. I'm just wondering if the PAC-12 leadership had any influence on his firing. CU has been an embarrassment to the conference in football. What are the chances that Larry Scott made a phone call?

Is the entire, unedited PC video stream posted anywhere? I missed the first 30 minutes today.

Bohn was a mad scientist when he sent the C-Unit to the Pac 12 Championship. Absolute genius.

Bohn and Embree were on Logan's radio show today. Embree didn't see this coming as of Saturday night. I'm just wondering if the PAC-12 leadership had any influence on his firing. CU has been an embarrassment to the conference in football. What are the chances that Larry Scott made a phone call?

I don't believe there was pressure from the Pac-12 offices.

Was tough to watch embree, playing the race card was lame but felt bad for him, Bohn did well but his ass is next if he hires another disaster. I don't believe anything distefano has to say.

JOEL KLATT, GO **** YOURSELF. You tools want all ex cu players to coach the program for the next 100 years. Go away klatt, you're stunt at the press conference was lame.

CU MEDIA, HEY TOOLS, YOU WANTED EMBREE FIRED 2 WEEKS AGO AND NOW YOU THINK HE GOT JOBBED? **** off scum. It's time some of you got fired from your jobs.

Was tough to watch embree, playing the race card was lame but felt bad for him, Bohn did well but his ass is next if he hires another disaster. I don't believe anything distefano has to say.

JOEL KLATT, GO **** YOURSELF. You tools want all ex cu players to coach the program for the next 100 years. Go away klatt, you're stunt at the press conference was lame.

CU MEDIA, HEY TOOLS, YOU WANTED EMBREE FIRED 2 WEEKS AGO AND NOW YOU THINK HE GOT JOBBED? **** off scum. It's time some of you got fired from your jobs.

:yeahthat:, with the exception of feeling bad for Jon. His moody, arrogant stubborness did him in. Nobody to blame but himself!

Exhibit A = The 2012 defense. Something should have been done after Sac. St/Fresno. Exhibit B = Jordan Webb. Exhibit C = Kick-off to the UT guy after CU runs one back to tie. Exhibit D = Offering to throw Cabral under the bus, yet keep EB.

Back