What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree Press Conf.

Race card. Played. Please go away now. No pity for people playing the race card.

He is not playing the race card directly towards his job performance. Didn't say he was fired because he was African American. He is right though, African Americans don't get enough first and second chances in College football. Why is that?

JE just made the next coaches job THAT much harder to come in and lead JE's recruits. He needs to suck it up and move on with class. This year was the biggest failure I've ever witnessed. He needs to own his part in that failure.

this is just plain gut wrenching. Not sure this type of press confernce should be held the day after. Let it lie for 48 hours then everyone can be cooled down a bit

I am not going to bash him. This is an awkward situation for all involved.

I just hope the media gives the school some benefit of the doubt here and takes Embree's comments with a grain of salt.

I am not going to bash him. This is an awkward situation for all involved.

I just hope the media gives the school some benefit of the doubt here and takes Embree's comments with a grain of salt.

Doubtful

Lots of talk about the players not embarrassing the University. Im just reading the tea leaves but Id guess thats the admin was looking over his shoulder. Or that he interpreted that to be the situation at his own fault.

This is not very much fun to watch. I feel bad for him. I think he was set up to fail in the sense that he was not ready for this. Hes perhaps a little too loyal to his players and to his staff. I dunno. He'll get a nice pay day out of this and hell find other work for sure.

Im glad Mike maned up did what needed to be done.

Won 2 years in the row, also didn't win at home this year for the first time in 120 years.

Not doing him or the new staff any favors. Too bad. I understand he is hurting, but still...

Why would Bohn-head allow this press conference if he knew Embo was in this state of mind?

The reason, besides the obvious lack of head coaching ability, that he will not get another chance to be a head coach will be his lack of professionalism at this press conference.

JE just made the next coaches job THAT much harder to come in and lead JE's recruits. He needs to suck it up and move on with class. This year was the biggest failure I've ever witnessed. He needs to own his part in that failure.
yea, they need to cut off all contact with the players before he really does some damage

Nobody can say he does not care. He is leaving that image. I cut him slack on some of the items he is saying because of the timing of this, but he does care

They need to end this presser. Doesn't help anyone. Embo be strong and just say **** you. You will get a job with another program.

Yesterday was the worst day of his life and he has to come out in front of everyone the next day. It's not fair, but that's what you deal with in this line of work. He didn't handle it well at all.

Not doing him or the new staff any favors. Too bad. I understand he is hurting, but still...

Why would Bohn-head allow this press conference if he knew Embo was in this state of mind?

I don't think there's a good time for this. Get it over with, then concentrate on the coaching search.

I'm not listening or anything but it sounds like his emotions are getting in the way of every question he answers. That's understandable, I'd probably be defensive as well. Hard to lose something you have passion for. Things will calm down, then hopefully he'll reflect on what went wrong and what to do next time. It's definitely not all on him, takes more than one to **** things up this bad, alot of it is on him tho like it or not.

I know this isn't about JE, but the media is completely taking his side. This presser was a terrible idea. Glad we didn't have Tedford speak. That would have been a disaster.

This is awful rough to watch....and not sure I agree with most everyone here...feel more and more for Embo and would be making the exact same comments if I was hired for any job, told I had to turn around an incredibly failing project, I had 5 years to do it, and was fired after 2

This whole thing just isn't sitting right with me......not sure I'm happier now for CU football as I was throughout this season...Dark Dark Days

Back