What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree Press Conf.

"The commitment to football needs to be escalated right now.. From all the key players" "Our next coach is watching right now" -- Mike Bohn.

Enough with the two years ****. Embree had to win two more games. The bar was set so low.

Frie and the others accusing the admin did not give Jon the tools and they are now going to give them to the next coach.

Personally, I think Bohn is kicking ass in this presser. Talking about everybody coming together. Talking about doing away with the various factions and everybody coming together. Talking about having a vision moving forward and selling that vision. He is shouldering a lot of blame for what has happened in the athletic department.
He's doing okay - he looks like a guy who knows his job is hanging by a thread. He needs to mention 1-11 a few more times.

Where was this press when CU was getting blown out every week for the past 2 years :lol:

Because I'm not watching the press conference, I can't be sure, but I suspect reading it on Allbuffs is better than streaming it.

How many African American Head coaches are employed by BCS teams ?

Not sure. 3 of the hottest coaches in the BCS right now, though, are Charlie Strong, James Franklin and David Shaw. Things seem to be improving on this front.

“@BFeldmanCBS: CU's commitment? Embree bought the coaches water daily. The athletic dept wouldn't even pay for it, per a source.”

Bohn handled the PC pretty well. Didn't sound like any of the media was on his side. He made the correct decision here. This program was NOT going to get better before it got worse. Credit to him for recognizing that now.

But we have a long way to go and this next decision needs to be made correctly. GO Buffs!

That was a complete and utter disaster. National press is going to bury us to judge by the twitter feed.

No one likes bad PR (and this has been a PR nightmare) but I think it's a good thing that Bohn got hung for everyone to see. He needs to feel the heat on his neck, he needs to realize that yes, people do think he has done poorly as an AD of a major university. This isn't about the media siding with Embree, it's about the Admin (under Bohn) setting up the program for failure. And he got called out big time.

No one likes bad PR (and this has been a PR nightmare) but I think it's a good thing that Bohn got hung for everyone to see. He needs to feel the heat on his neck, he needs to realize that yes, people do think he has done poorly as an AD of a major university. This isn't about the media siding with Embree, it's about the Admin (under Bohn) setting up the program for failure. And he got called out big time.

And he admitted that.

Back