1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon Embree Presser at Noon today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Aug 30, 2011.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Available on Buffs TV

I'm officially at Defcon 1 for being fired up.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I just re-watched War Games and I'm pretty sure that Defcon 5 is calm and Defcon 1 is when we're ready to blow up the planet. (Everything I know I learned from 80s pop culture.)

Thanks for the heads up on the presser. Next step into a nuclear winter at the Buffnik household by Saturday night. :smile2:

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

embree missed the tele-conference...

4. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

He doesn't have his own teleconference account yet, so he tried to use Hawk's and couldn't figure out the password... it's "DoubleEagleBear"

5. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Did the press conference crap out on any one else, or just me?

6. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

Yah... crapped out on me fer good. :(

7. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

me too

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

So Embo had teleconference interruptus?

9. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Sometimes I really hate how inept the cubuffs.com website is. There are tons of video issues on that site.

Don't get me started how they still haven't released the spring game for free. I would watch that today to get my fix if I could.

10. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Presser would freeze up/stop every 2-3 minutes. I got tired of having to reload the page ( and watch that stupid Toshiba commercial before hand ) just to have it freeze up again.

11. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

I was able to see most of it before it froze for good. The highlights for me is that Embree kept repeating that this is a BUSINESS TRIP, as all road trips will be. A reporter asked if there would be any 'beach time', Coach responded that all the players will see of the beach would be a takeoff and landing as they fly in. Spoke a lot about preparing the team for the environment, and talking opening about breaking the road losing streak. Impressed upon them the significance of preparing for this game. Responded to a question about improving point production as being not as concerned with how many points as much as having an identity, which is clearly a run-oriented offense that requires the opposition to step up and stop us when they know what's coming. I believe he used the term "punch them in the mouth" but I was fielding IMs during some of it. Spent a good deal of time praising Moritz. As usual, highly professional and impressive in his responses.

The video broke up and I was able to get it back for a few minutes of Hansen and Perkins. They reiterated that it was a 'business trip' and they have confidence in the young secondary. Other stuff about the change of culture, the difference in attitude from years past, then I lost the feed for good. FWIW they both sounded very confident in the game plan.

Oh, and Hansen said he was really looking forward to getting hit again. Big grin on his face.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    Darth Snow likes this.
  12. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

I get that they need ad revenue on the buffs tv thing but if I have paid for my membership how about you don't beat me over the head with a commercial everytime I change videos

13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I loved what he said about style points and how he doesn't care about the stats.

He had a great line about how he'd love to be back at a future presser talking about how the team is considered the worst 5-0 team in the country and how much better it would be than to be called the best 0-5 team.