What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree

Much much better than Danny sitting there arms crossed, dumbfounded.

He was visualizing victory. Not his fault if you're not advanced enough to appreciate it. I can only assume that you have never coached. :wink2:

He was visualizing victory. Not his fault if you're not advanced enough to appreciate it. I can only assume that you have never coached. :wink2:

He just knew you couldn't get too high, or too low... gotta stay balanced and maintain zen. The popping of things will follow

I'm excited about JE again. I loved seeing the team get better. Just gotta roll CSU next week and I'm gonna be drinking some serious koolaid.

a few moments during overtime it was insanely loud, but otherwise not much to cheer about. Nothing worse than screaming you lungs out for the defense on 3rd and 10 and they give up 18 yards.

a few moments during overtime it was insanely loud, but otherwise not much to cheer about. Nothing worse than screaming you lungs out for the defense on 3rd and 10 and they give up 18 yards.

Screaming on 1st and 30 in OT and having them give it up in one play was worse. :bang:

This.

It was loud for a few moments today, but was crazy loud the entire game vs. NU in 2001 as well as the entire second half vs. OU in 2007.

tini needs to watch that 2001 game. The entire broadcast they were muting the crowd cause the "**** um up" chant was so loud.

Seek not the fluky upset but to be the guy getting the enormous severance check. Or the other way around, I forget.

I don't think Embree's headset survived. Although, I doubt Bieniemy's did either.

tini needs to watch that 2001 game. The entire broadcast they were muting the crowd cause the "**** um up" chant was so loud.

Best sporting event I've ever been to.... scratch that, best event I've ever been to in my life. Absolutely insane. Usually it takes a close game to be that nuts, and though the fuskers kinda came back for a minute, the game wasn't really that close, yet the atmosphere and electricity was indescribable. I don't know if even any Iron bowl/OSU Mich/ etc. game compare with that day.

I'm excited about JE again. I loved seeing the team get better. Just gotta roll CSU next week and I'm gonna be drinking some serious koolaid.

After beating csu? They should beat csu. They should have won today. Tired of losing.

Best sporting event I've ever been to.... scratch that, best event I've ever been to in my life. Absolutely insane. Usually it takes a close game to be that nuts, and though the fuskers kinda came back for a minute, the game wasn't really that close, yet the atmosphere and electricity was indescribable. I don't know if even any Iron bowl/OSU Mich/ etc. game compare with that day.

Years of heartbreak poured out into 4 quarters. Simply beautiful.

Years of heartbreak poured out into 4 quarters. Simply beautiful.

:nod:, it was like a dramatic ten year play. Ten years of losses (1994 was a killer), then 99 comes, one of the best comebacks I've ever witnessed and one of the most deflating heartbreaking moments of my life (I think Aldrich made that kick still :lol:). 00 comes with no expectations, 3-7 coming into the game, in Stincoln, and we really should have one if not for the damn squib. Finally 2001 its all on the line, big 12 championship game to the winner, game in Boulder, and man we took out all that frustration. Great great day.

This. Most indescribable sporting event of my life. Just unreal.

I was there mother****er, although I was only 9. If anyone has a link, I would LOVE to watch that game again.

I don't think Embree's headset survived. Although, I doubt Bieniemy's did either.
That was so awesome. Love the intensity although I am surprised that I couldn't hear EB from the student section.

:nod:, it was like a dramatic ten year play. Ten years of losses (1994 was a killer), then 99 comes, one of the best comebacks I've ever witnessed and one of the most deflating heartbreaking moments of my life (I think Aldrich made that kick still :lol:). 00 comes with no expectations, 3-7 coming into the game, in Stincoln, and we really should have one if not for the damn squib. Finally 2001 its all on the line, big 12 championship game to the winner, game in Boulder, and man we took out all that frustration. Great great day.

My belief is that something similar will eventually happen again in a few years. Two or three years down the road from now, CU is going to have a big game against an opponent with a rivalry that's quickly developing. CU will be the underdog heading into the game, but will proceed to completely destroy this opponent from the start by manhandling them physically. All these years of frustration and losing will symbolically pour out, and a new era of CU as a top 20 program will officially be born.

I had already stopped way before that.

Seriously? OT game, 3 point lead, 1st and 30 and a chance to get them out of FG range, and you had quit cheering long before that?

I've gotta say, I don't quite understand that...

Seriously? OT game, 3 point lead, 1st and 30 and a chance to get them out of FG range, and you had quit cheering long before that?

Fickle fans.

Why the hell did it quote Snow's post again?

That was the play of the game and the place was LOUD for that play. Reminded me a lot of 62-36. If you can't get up and scream for that play, then why bother even watching/going to the game. I think he just wants to whine about something. Now we know who the guy is who sits on his hands all the time.

That was the play of the game and the place was LOUD for that play. Reminded me a lot of 62-36. If you can't get up and scream for that play, then why bother even watching/going to the game. I think he just wants to whine about something. Now we know who the guy is who sits on his hands all the time.

If you can't get up for that play, then find a new team... I mean sport... eh how about hobby.

Definitely not saying it was the loudest game. Just saying that exact moment with Embo going wild was one of the loudest moments I remember.

Seeason ticket holder since 96 for football, basketball since 06, cu grad, and I travel to a game almost every year. Yeah I'm the type of fan you don't want. An empty seat is better in your opinion.

I vguess hawk just ruined me. I had a bad feeling about the game and sensed we were going to lose. I actually wasn't pissed we lost since I am expecting it. So I apologize to the team for not cheering on that play but a few drives before kinda sucked the wind out of my sails when they gave up three consecutive third downs on that drive.

I'll be back but it is going to take some time.

Back