What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

jon major

I'd bet this is the rule rather than the exception.

10 players out before season starts? I highly doubt that's normal anywhere.

We had all this depth or somewhat depth being the fact most are freshman but we have lost 4 OL (yes,counting maiava) 3lb's,2wr's and a de.

The depth that was built is being torn down again. Just once i'd like to see cu playing with all hands on deck.

I don't know if major would have redshirted considering how cabral was talking about him but it would be nice to stop losing players and our top recruits to injury:wow::cry:

odd year. i know florida's had 5 guys already bust acl's this fall. crazy, crazy. wonder if guys aren't getting the right type of weight training these days...

odd year. i know florida's had 5 guys already bust acl's this fall. crazy, crazy. wonder if guys aren't getting the right type of weight training these days...

or too much of it? too much muscle for ligaments and tendons to handle?

or too much of it? too much muscle for ligaments and tendons to handle?

With a bigger, faster, stronger team comes more injuries....Playing faster, putting more strain on joints. And it isn't exclusive to the BUFFS IMO. Serious bummer, but it has always been, and will always continue to be a part of football. You just cross your fingers and hope that they are not devastating in numbers.

Hopefully Jon can recover quickly and be back in time to get some valuable work in during the spring. He should be close to 100% by next fall.

Last edited:
Have these non-contact ACL injuries been on the artificial turf or grass?

Man, this sucks... Major's the one really great player that's come out of Ponderosa in the past... well, ever.

That's excluding me of course, but my playing career was sidelined long before my first collegiate practice.

Wait a minuteee, you went to Pondo? Cause I am a senior at there right now.

Sumbitch thats horrible news to start the '08 campaign damn it. Hope the flooding wasnt too bad Ralphie. Oh yeah, and the Major acl injury sucks baows too.

Back