What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jones to Tennessee (Confirmed at 18 mil over 6 years)

Our top pick was Tennessee's third choice and the Vols fans don't even want him. Awesome.

I am glad we didn't get him. He was full of too much BS, just man up and say you have other offers and are weighing your options, not that you are thinking about the families.

Our top pick was Tennessee's third choice and the Vols fans don't even want him. Awesome.

funny... Buff fans would have welcomed he and his family with open arms while he ends up going to a place where their fans are waiting for him with pitchforks in hand-

Whatever. I'm sure most of us would take the more money and facilities already in place. I'm just mad the dickbag dragged us along for 3 days. Accecpt a job, or get the **** out and let us go about our business.

You can't pay a coach for three years after you fire him if you don't first sign him to a six year deal. :nod:

The timeline seems clear now. Jones was in final discussions with CU when Tennessee called and outbid. If we knew in advance that an SEC team was in play, we would have known our chances were slim. Sure Jones will fail miserably at Tennessee (now I can root for Bama once a year) but he will be given every possible financial and administrative opportunity to succeed. CU cannot match that. Now we know that Bohn et al just got outbid in a contest they could never hope to win. Lets move on and find our next coach.

With all due respect and with deep love for CU, there is no time that I want to be compared to an SEC football fan. I have a life.

You have to remember UT is where they literally chased Kiffin out of town. They'll eat Butch's lunch. He sounds liek aguy who can't decide squat...those rednecks will have his head on a pike by October of next year.

Why do you spin this as "he can't decide". To me, it looks like he held out for the best offer and biggest $. He did all of this within a four or five day span.

Why do you spin this as "he can't decide". To me, it looks like he held out for the best offer and biggest $. He did all of this within a four or five day span.
Obviously since we were used as the bargaining chip, most of us are a little bitter....

funny... Buff fans would have welcomed he and his family with open arms while he ends up going to a place where their fans are waiting for him with pitchforks in hand-

Don't kid yourself. The outrageous personal attacks on Cody and his dad were shameful. CU has it's share of crap, just like everyone else.

I didn't like Hawlk or Cody on the football field, but the personal attacks were WAY over the line.

The timeline seems clear now. Jones was in final discussions with CU when Tennessee called and outbid. If we knew in advance that an SEC team was in play, we would have known our chances were slim. Sure Jones will fail miserably at Tennessee (now I can root for Bama once a year) but he will be given every possible financial and administrative opportunity to succeed. CU cannot match that. Now we know that Bohn et al just got outbid in a contest they could never hope to win. Lets move on and find our next coach.

I think you're spot-on. I don't blame the guy, really. Even though their fans are skeptical, he's walking into a MUCH better situation there in every respect vs. CU. How many of us wouldn't have done the same thing, given a verbal "yes" to one job, then hours later be offered a far superior job. We'd all take option 2. Who can blame him for waiting 48 hours to see his options? And as for his excuses, right as we're nailing him down, the Tenn and Wisc jobs are opening up. And he's in a tough position as to what to say publically. I'm glad this happened. HE HASN'T BUILT JACK, ONLY MAINTAINED WHAT KELLY BUILT. We need someone hungry to prove themselves at a higher level, with a track record of turning a program around. GO GET MCINTYRE!!!!!

I think you're spot-on. I don't blame the guy, really. Even though their fans are skeptical, he's walking into a MUCH better situation there in every respect vs. CU. How many of us wouldn't have done the same thing, given a verbal "yes" to one job, then hours later be offered a far superior job. We'd all take option 2. Who can blame him for waiting 48 hours to see his options? And as for his excuses, right as we're nailing him down, the Tenn and Wisc jobs are opening up. And he's in a tough position as to what to say publically. I'm glad this happened. HE HASN'T BUILT JACK, ONLY MAINTAINED WHAT KELLY BUILT. We need someone hungry to prove themselves at a higher level, with a track record of turning a program around. GO GET MCINTYRE!!!!!

Please don't speak for me, or for my word. You couldn't be more wrong.

I agree with the rest.

I understand, but call him a bad guy, dishonest, etc.....but not indecisive. Looks like the guy "decided" his way to the $ jackpot.

He's indecisive. Took the Marshall job, backed out and went to Central Michigan. Took the UCLA job, backed out and stayed at Cinci. Took the Kentucky job, backed out and stayed at Cinci. Took the CU job, backed out and took the UTe job. If that isn't indecisive idk what is.

Knowing our AD we would probably hire him on the rebound for 3.3 million.

He's indecisive. Took the Marshall job, backed out and went to Central Michigan. Took the UCLA job, backed out and stayed at Cinci. Took the Kentucky job, backed out and stayed at Cinci. Took the CU job, backed out and took the UTe job. If that isn't indecisive idk what is.

Ok, but that's not my definition of indecisive. He's working the system in his favor. Sounds to me like he knows what he's doing. He's got people fighting to give him $15+ million.

Back